Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

13 hours ago, Vertimus said:

Yeah, I get the rich older man and the 'kept girl' or 'sugar baby' aspect, I just wish it was slightly more lyrically cohesive. And that does tie in, lyrically, to some of the BTD/P themes. The 'rockafella' part, musically, sort of jars with the rest of the song for me. 

it's a a bit of a mess yeah lyrically, I've noticed that. Starts with her feeling happy in the car. Then does the whole rockefella umbrella and how much she loves him thing, then goes into the whole "empty promises" analogy and how messy he is. 

3 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

In which Grammy categories would you send Ocean Blvd and its singles?

Pop vocal. Record of the year. SOTY. AOTY. (I know it wouldn’t win over some others, but I think an album like this deserves as many entries as possible tbh)

Yes, I've said it here before, but every time I hear the first part of 'Taco Truck,' as much as I enjoy it, it seems to me it could have another 'Venice Bitch' and a sure-fire LDR classic had the TT parts gone on another 3-4 minutes. I'd be happy even if someone would just copy the first part and make a new version with the first part doubled or tripled. 

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Yes, I've said it here before, but every time I hear the first part of 'Taco Truck,' as much as I enjoy it, it seems to me it could have another 'Venice Bitch' and a sure-fire LDR classic had the TT parts gone on another 3-4 minutes. I'd be happy even if someone would just copy the first part and make a new version with the first part doubled or tripled. 

I would've taken a full Taco Truck song and no "x VB" at all; the song had so much potential, but it's basically 1/3 Taco Truck and 2/3 of this trap beats-y mashup of Venice Bitch, it doesn't elevate either song (both Tack Truck and the OG Venice Bitch) by any means.

8 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I would've taken a full Taco Truck song and no "x VB" at all; the song had so much potential, but it's basically 1/3 Taco Truck and 2/3 of this trap beats-y mashup of Venice Bitch, it doesn't elevate either song (both Tack Truck and the OG Venice Bitch) by any means.

Full agree. I don't need the VB parts at all, but I accept them because they're there and VB is a good song in itself. 

21 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

that part in candy necklace

5d23a645c94064a147dd7ef58972104a5dcf5d9b

I live for that rambunctious sped up piano bit

31 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I live for that rambunctious sped up piano bit

Me too. Jon Batiste is also credited with playing piano on that song. Im familiar with some of his other works and hes such an incredible pianist and vocalist i hope lana works with him more.

My top 5 songs from this album changes almost everyday omg but A&W is definitely always there. The song is perfection. The lyrics, instrumentals, beat switch, all of it just so good.
But tbh, it makes me kinda sad that the song is mostly only getting the success that it has gotten because of the “Jimmy” part. Not necessarily on this forum but mostly on tiktok (which I know- they kinda suck)

1 hour ago, Candy Necklace said:

My top 5 songs from this album changes almost everyday omg but A&W is definitely always there. The song is perfection. The lyrics, instrumentals, beat switch, all of it just so good.
But tbh, it makes me kinda sad that the song is mostly only getting the success that it has gotten because of the “Jimmy” part. Not necessarily on this forum but mostly on tiktok (which I know- they kinda suck)

Top 5

1. Ocean Boulevard (one of her best ever)

2. Paris, Texas

3. Taco Truck

4. Margaret

5. A&W

5 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

when her voice starts getting higher on the "How do my blood relatives know all of these songs?

I don't know anyone left to know songs that I sing" part :xcry:

that I SIIIIIiiiiiIIIIIIINGG