Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

21 hours ago, mrborntolose said:

6-B6052-E2-C0-DF-427-C-947-A-C999-BE3671

didn’t know where to post this where it’d be seen. but did i miss a few chapters? did they have a collab?

I love that he told us something exciting and then gets irritated at us being excited:tommy:

7 hours ago, Americen Whore said:

I’m completely shocked about Grandfather being the song with the least amount of views on YouTube :awkney: even less than Judah Smith :wtf3: when will people realize it’s the album’s best song

I think the title might make people think the song is going to be meh and it's too long to search for but it does really really slay

I think my new favorite thing about Candy Necklace (other than the erratic piano) are the strings. So subtle yet effective.

And of course her delivery during "I think that we should address this..."

11 hours ago, Americen Whore said:

I’m completely shocked about Grandfather being the song with the least amount of views on YouTube :awkney: even less than Judah Smith :wtf3: when will people realize it’s the album’s best song

It might be because the title doesn't have Lana Del Rey in it causing it to get recommended less often by the YouTube algorithm. Some people might not even know it's a Lana song. It gets more streams on Spotify.

11 hours ago, LemonadeTea said:

I’ve literally listened to fingertips everyday since the album came out and I always tear up lol it’s so personal and relatable for me

I've listened to that song so much that I know every single note and pause between words :awkney:

On 5/21/2023 at 5:53 AM, barttttender said:

Very true. 

But still - it's quite bizarre that Say Yes to Heaven already has as many views as the Candy Necklace video with it's super pricey budget, glam image and well-received new album behind it.

It just proves what I've been saying for weeks - that Candy Necklace was the absolute wrong choice for a single/video. If she'd spent as much money on a  sexy AW video, we would have had 30 millions by now, at least.

She needs to get it into her head that people only watch videos that make them feel good - making a video for sad songs ( Arcadia, White Dress, Candy Necklace, Blue Banisters) - is a complete and utter waste of money. 

Okay sorry hun im realllllllllllly not feeling this take. I dont think lana cares that much about how “good” her numbers are, she obviously had a vision in mind for candy necklace and this album does deal with very heavy themes. I wouldnt expect a “sexy” video for a AW where shes singing about such delicate subjects for most of the song. Maybe she’ll serve some great looks, but to say making music videos for only sad songs is a “waste” sounds a bit like a slap in the face. At this point in her career i didnt think we’d be saying that she should cater to the general public.

On 5/21/2023 at 11:53 AM, barttttender said:

Very true. 

But still - it's quite bizarre that Say Yes to Heaven already has as many views as the Candy Necklace video with it's super pricey budget, glam image and well-received new album behind it.

It just proves what I've been saying for weeks - that Candy Necklace was the absolute wrong choice for a single/video. If she'd spent as much money on a  sexy AW video, we would have had 30 millions by now, at least.

She needs to get it into her head that people only watch videos that make them feel good - making a video for sad songs ( Arcadia, White Dress, Candy Necklace, Blue Banisters) - is a complete and utter waste of money. 

how is something a waste of money just because it isn’t making numbers..? i guess creating any sort of underground art is pointless to you if you think so..

1 hour ago, revadece said:

how is something a waste of money just because it isn’t making numbers..? i guess creating any sort of underground art is pointless to you if you think so..

Well, why would you make music videos as a pop artist if nobody will watch them?

Give it to charity. I can name more than just a few countries that could use the money.

5 hours ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

Okay sorry hun im realllllllllllly not feeling this take. I dont think lana cares that much about how “good” her numbers are, she obviously had a vision in mind for candy necklace and this album does deal with very heavy themes. I wouldnt expect a “sexy” video for a AW where shes singing about such delicate subjects for most of the song. Maybe she’ll serve some great looks, but to say making music videos for only sad songs is a “waste” sounds a bit like a slap in the face. At this point in her career i didnt think we’d be saying that she should cater to the general public.

Probably phrases it incorrectly.

I shoulda said moody, spooky or unnaproachable. 

19 hours ago, LemonadeTea said:

I’ve literally listened to fingertips everyday since the album came out and I always tear up lol it’s so personal and relatable for me

MEEEEE!!! i sing it like it’s my from personal experiences.

like wtf kind of mother was she to say that i’d end up in institutions?:xcry:

signature.gif

"Feels like sugar in me..."