Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

i don't think i've listened to fingertips since my full listen of the album in march :bebe: it's one of my least favorite lana songs:air2:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

this album really started hitting for me over the past week or so (after listening and enjoying but not loving since release)...i think that when i'm deep in an obsession with one album/musician it can be hard for me to vibe with anything else.

aOaIzH2.gif

I feel like the interludes mess up the middle of the album so much😭 Like Judah Smith Interlude could have just been a sample on a song or maybe cut it down to 2 minutes. And idk if the Jon Batiste Interlude is necessary at all 

@ivory almond you should write some lyrics to the Judah Smith Interlude and include a sample of the speech 

13 minutes ago, taco truck said:

i don't think i've listened to fingertips since my full listen of the album in march :bebe: it's one of my least favorite lana songs:air2:

give her a CHANCE :defeated: 
to get to u, save u, if i take my life, find ur astral body, put it into my eyes, give u two seconds to cry, take you home, i, i'll give u a blanket, ur spirit can sit and watch tv by my sideeeeeeeeee

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Just now, ivory almond said:

give her a CHANCE :defeated: 
to get to u, save u, if i take my life, find ur astral body, put it into my eyes, give u two seconds to cry, take you home, i, i'll give u a blanket, ur spirit can sit and watch tv by my sideeeeeeeeee

i gave so many chances when it leaked:air: the lyrics are interesting and i get the appeal but the non-melody and the production and voice-memo vocals i just cannot get over:bebe:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

8 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I feel like the interludes mess up the middle of the album so much😭 Like Judah Smith Interlude could have just been a sample on a song or maybe cut it down to 2 minutes. And idk if the Jon Batiste Interlude is necessary at all 

@ivory almond you should write some lyrics to the Judah Smith Interlude and include a sample of the speech 

doing it rn but as i listen to the instrumental, all i can hear is the pearl monologue edit :toofunny:

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 hour ago, Rody29 said:

The albums flows  better without the interludes, I've muted them in spotify  and it's a better experience 

tulla-tulla-luana.gif

This is so true. I did this on release day and the album is a 10/10 (when I skip Fishtail)

tulla-tulla-luana.gif

The albums is having its third resurgence in my household. I played it constant that first month, it waned slightly in the fifth week. The sixth I had an urge to play it all again and went from there. Took a break the past week and now I'm running through again and it's so fresh, my only want is that Lost At Sea would've fit so perfectly. I'd delete kintsugi (just so fucking sad it hurts me) and put Lost after Fingertips and then play as normal from there.