Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

4 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

has the MC score changed?

81!

https://www.metacritic.com/person/lana-del-rey?filter-options=music&sort_options=metascore&num_items=30

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Wow this line from the Pitchfork review really rings true:

One of Ocean Blvd’s key takeaways is that perfection is not a requirement for inclusion in this canon. Part of the title track is spent extolling a sublime flaw—a specific beat in the 1974 Harry Nilsson song “Don’t Forget Me.” Lana cites, by timestamp (2:05), the moment when the singer-songwriter’s voice breaks, cracking open the track with raw emotion. As an indicator of Lana’s mindset, this embrace of imperfection may help explain some of Ocean Blvd’s excesses and experiments, which nobly pursue profundity and succeed only sometimes. Still, there are 2:05s to be found within the sprawl.

An interesting way to make sense of the many imperfections throughout (whether intentional or otherwise.)

...That's how the light gets in

Just now, The Stargirl Pinky said:

TWO HOURS AND 36 MINUTES UNTIL THE 3AM EDITION 

dance-stan.gif

:trisha:Boz redeem era!:trisha:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

whoever said the interludes are the worst part of the album were being very dramatic. Like I can’t even fathom hating either of them I’m sorry interlude fans rise up :read::read:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Just now, The Stargirl Pinky said:

TWO HOURS AND 36 MINUTES UNTIL THE 3AM EDITION 

dance-stan.gif

2 hours and 34 minutes to the Did you know there's a FIRE in the tunnel under Ocean Blvd. version 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

3 minutes ago, Obduration said:

Makes candy necklace that much better imo. I love this records sequencing so much Lana is a genius 

True, it flows really well into the eerie-ness of Candy Necklace.

3 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

Surely! But the good kind of scary :true:

Yeah, I see her vision and it definitely works

2 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

It's so unsettling, off putting and traumatic. It's a skip for me. I hate hate hate when people talk about God/religion in an agressive tone. It it was something spiritual (like Phantom Regret) I wouldn't mind it but it is Lana's worst song.

I understand 100%, ever since I was a kid this sort of thing has always creeped me out so much. I’m not sure if I’ll be going back to this a lot

FUCK YOU SLANT

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I wasn't sure really what to expect from the Judah Smith Interlude based on the info we had about it, but it really exceeded my expectations. I found it powerful. It wasn't overly preachy or concerning. I think it's one of those tracks that makes you stop and listen, taking a break away from the music to carry some certain thoughts with you as you continue. I think this was actually a brilliant, artistic addition.

Now onto Candy Necklace, one of my favourites from the listening party.. x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

judah interlude feels very much ironic to me. it feels like in context of the album she’s criticizing the church. i don’t know, maybe it’s the dark instrumental tone, but it just feels so right. 

giphy.gif