Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

1. Who, I say WHO, are the people who dislike Fishtail, Show yourselves!

2.of the Tragedy Trio (Grants, kintsugi, Fingertips) Grants is so beautiful but Fingertips is actually really cool. It's lyrics are so complex but it greets its tragedies with this knowing kind of grace so they just roll on like the sea. Love Fingertips! Kintsugi is too much, that hoe makes me wanna ugly cry and I can't revisit it too much.

3. Paris, Texas is as good as I knew it would be, and it grows more in its beauty with each listen.

4. Side C and Side D supremacy as expected. But the whole album is really an emotional workout, I'm so happy it ends in summer cruise style.

Just now, taco truck said:

Taylor just shouted out Ocean Blvd/Lana at her Vegas show

If everyone there goes and streams we could get #1 

IMG-5230.jpg

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

3 minutes ago, Mer said:

If everyone there goes and streams we could get #1 

IMG-5230.jpg

I was watching a livestream bc I wanted to see what surprise songs she would play, and she’s playing snow on the beach and before she started talking about Lana she was like “I’m gonna talk about someone and I don’t want you guys to freak out thinking she is here because she’s not” and then right before she started singing she was like “I wanna sing this song as some promo for her” 😭😭😭

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

right before she started singing she was like “I wanna sing this song as some promo for her” 😭😭😭

How backhanded compliment of her :air::oopna2:

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

1 minute ago, Blossom said:

maybe she's making a joke at Lana barely promoting her music? idk:air:

No the way she was saying it definitely sounded like she just wanted to sing it to celebrate the new album but I also could definitely see her saying it  as a joke about Lana not wanting to promote LOL… she went on a whole thing about how much she loves Lana and how she felt honored that they collabed so I don’t think it was backhanded 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

8 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I was watching a livestream bc I wanted to see what surprise songs she would play, and she’s playing snow on the beach and before she started talking about Lana she was like “I’m gonna talk about someone and I don’t want you guys to freak out thinking she is here because she’s not” and then right before she started singing she was like “I wanna sing this song as some promo for her” 😭😭😭

Stop I literally love Taylor so much. I wish she did this at my show :rip:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

I have a weird theory that this album kinda wraps up everything from lust for life to now sonically and thematically. I remember she posted the lust for life teaser around the time she deleted her insta, nfr and chemtrails references in the album, and every album since lfl has had folksy undertones with these experimental tracks that feature hip hop beats or voice modification. I feel she’s def been creating an overall new soundscape the past few years but something about the last few songs on this album just made me feel like this was a good bye to an era.

1 minute ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

I have a weird theory that this album kinda wraps up everything from lust for life to now sonically and thematically. I remember she posted the lust for life teaser around the time she deleted her insta, nfr and chemtrails references in the album, and every album since lfl has had folksy undertones with these experimental tracks that feature hip hop beats or voice modification. I feel she’s def been creating an overall new soundscape the past few years but something about the last few songs on this album just made me feel like this was a good bye to an era.

I feel the same way, especially with the album ending with the VB throwback. Makes me so curious about how she's moving forward in her next album.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

2 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Aw man I hoped CN Cwould get a full video :/ the visualizer is nice but ...

I mean it’s obviously a video test for something to come (hopefully not a blue banisters video situation) but nah it def seemed like something more. I notice there’s been a cinematographer tagged in a lot of posts with her team that date back so I feel there’s something up her sleeve.   

Just now, Doll Harlow said:

I feel the same way, especially with the album ending with the VB throwback. Makes me so curious about how she's moving forward.

I definitely feel like she already has her future plans laid out. She probably already has some work done. She’s most definitely thriving and happier now and it’s reflected in her work :flutter:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°