Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

15 hours ago, American Whore said:

Let the light in seems like such a classic Lana track. It's cinematic, the melody is very beatles-y, very 60s/70s. It's just so fucking good. If she did more songs like it on the next album i'd be absolutely happy

My worst nightmare

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Kintsugi gets better with every listen. Is it just me or is she singing differently? I really like the way she sounds in it 

6 minutes ago, Americanboy said:

I'm not sure what needs to be explained...is English your first language?

You say people not liking a song is not a valid opionion cause it's an "objectively good track" like - the statement is even worse if english is your first language and that's actually  what you meant to say lul

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

2 minutes ago, SweetHenny said:

You dragging "Let the Light In" a lot - I see the campaign for Worst Taste 5.0 has begun luv :true:

It reminds me of the lfl post release thread when i just couldnt hold back my hatred for tomorrow never came, it's the same for let the flop in 

I like the outro but that's it :true:

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Kintsugi gets better with every listen. Is it just me or is she singing differently? I really like the way she sounds in it 

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:

It reminds me of the lfl post release thread when i just couldnt hold back my hatred for tomorrow never came, it's the same for let the flop in 

I like the outro but that's it :true:

The BEST and the WORST taste in the span of 2 posts. We just have to stan! :true:

10 minutes ago, Americanboy said:

I'm not sure what needs to be explained...is English your first language?

? you can’t really say a song is Objectively good or bad

art is subjective lol. everyone has different opinions on it, there’s no right answer

4 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

I don't know which reply is worse ... the person trying to be offended or Lanas self-centered reply. I mean there werebso many ways to just tell that people to not stirr drama where unnecessary, but she chose this bs take

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

11 minutes ago, Americanboy said:

It's objectively a very good song. You not liking the sentiment doesn't make it bad or "cringe"

Well now I didn’t say it was “bad” and I didn’t use the word “cringe” , I just said how it hit me.

I think it’s one of those songs that some people will find charming and romantic and some will find grating and syrupy. I guess when you know you know  

I don’t see anything wrong with her being inspired by Black Dahlia as long as it is respectful. Like she literally recreated the JFK assassination and was inspired by Jim Jones for music videos in the past so I don’t think it is anything worse 

Her voice really shines through on this album :wub: Love her little jazzy vibrato so much, and the way she so easily switches from falsetto to chest, how operatic she sounds on certain songs… Sometimes I literally can’t believe how good and strong her vocals have become! Ocean Blvd really floored me

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1 minute ago, The Rhino Designer said:

I clearly need to do some reading because I don’t know shit about Black Dahlia and this silly drama. 

I mean I definitely see where some people have an issue. She had a very violent and horrible death and from what I understand was mistreated even after she passed. To recreate this would be really strange but I doubt she will actually recreate anything