Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

34 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

Hi, I have an audio technica but can’t use it due to needing a receiver and speakers. Do you know of any good ones? Right now I’m listening to stuff on my victrola but it doesn’t sound that good because the speakers are built in. 

i also have an audio technica! + edifier speakers which are powered so u don't need additional amp. we should have a thread for stuff like this btw if one doesn't already exist 

mUENGN9.png

On 3/24/2023 at 3:52 PM, Sweet said:

I listened to the record multiple times last night till 6 am. Here’s some of my honest thoughts. 

There are some great moments on it. Fingertips made me REALLY sad. Lyrically this album is a new height for Lana. I am so proud of her. However, I did not LOVE the album. Taco Truck I wish was its own song and I wish she just released VB trap remix as a stand alone single. VB (NFR version) is untouchable. Taco Truck x VB is prolly the most overrated song in my opinion. The whole trap sound also got too repetitive for me. I understand why it hasn’t gotten a 10/10 from any major publication yet.

This record is def a progression from Blue Banisters. Most sounds captured on BB are perfected in this record and even pushed further to a new level. 

Here’s my top 5 so far: 

• CN (love at first listen) 

• The Grants (SO SO beautiful) 

• Grandfather 

• Fishtail

• Let The Light In

Lana has literally covered most genres so at this point I would love to see her make super experimental stuff and this album did do that especially the glitches on CN?? Like a career highlight right there and peppers literally had 3 genres in it!!! But idk, maybe I have been hoping for Lana to go more of a psychedelic route? 

Maybe this album will grow on me. I am really hoping it does. Maybe it just hasn’t clicked with me yet? I will attempt a few more listens to see if my thoughts change. 

PS:  I have to say, no album listening experience has touched me the same as NFR. That record had me gagging at each song. I even loved every song on Chemtrails!

So, uhmmm…. the album has grown on me a LOT and is becoming one of my fav albums! SWEET, Cuntsugi, Fingertips, Paris Texas have become top tier for me likeeee and it just keeps getting better. 

This album is def a grower. All good art usually is! Can’t wait to see what else I fall in love with 🥰

8Qg234E.gif

2 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

imma be controversial but lowkey wish x VB was a bit longer :deadbanana: I'm guessing since it's just a demo though they didn't have the actual verses yet? i love it so much ugh someone make an extended version plsss

efb.png

maybe she’ll do a taco truck x vb & venice bitch medley at her festival shows …pepita.gif

sUcVobB.png

I’m thankful for Peppers because almost all the other songs make me cry or feel really depressed (but I love them; that’s not a criticism; this is just a major melancholia album for me). Like, even grooving with A&W and then noticing the sample of strings from NFR, I suddenly made the connection, instead of “one dream, one life, one lover,” she’s given up and “it’s not about finding someone to love me anymore” and I was crying again. :sadcore6:

So anyway! Yay for Peppers being all sassy and giving me a break. 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Just now, BoardingSchool said:

I’m thankful for Peppers because almost all the other songs make me cry or feel really depressed (but I love them; that’s not a criticism; this is just a major melancholia album for me). Like, even grooving with A&W and then noticing the sample of strings from NFR, I suddenly made the connection, instead of “one dream, one life, one lover,” she’s given up and “it’s not about finding someone to love me anymore” and I was crying again. :sadcore6:

So anyway! Yay for Peppers being all sassy and giving me a break. 

no honestly, I think Peppers and Taco Truck x VB are a bit of a relief in the album since it deals with such heavy topics otherwise. It's like her saying yeah I make sad music but I'm still a fun bitch that likes to shake ass 

sgopYhV.gif

14 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

What's the best album reaction so far? :wub:

ofc i didn't watch all the reactions but those are the ones that i like the most ; jon denton and sherthetruth are not feeling it but they appreciate it anyway maybe they need time with it . I hope Ajayii will like it I can see her crying already 

10 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

imma be controversial but lowkey wish x VB was a bit longer :deadbanana: I'm guessing since it's just a demo though they didn't have the actual verses yet? i love it so much ugh someone make an extended version plsss

efb.png

YES i also keep thinking abt a transition between this is what makes us girls and VB :sadcore3::sadcore3::sadcore3:

mUENGN9.png