Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

i feel like lana at any moment could release a deluxe version of ocean blvd, after all, it's an album that has a lot of promotion (compared to other eras) and i feel like taco truck wasn't the worthy closing for the album, i feel like more is needed. talking about that document.... it's obviously fake, but to be honest yes to heaven wouldn't be bad for a deluxe version of the album if they make many changes to the song, the other day i heard a snippet of a supposed version of Say Yes to heaven for the album (which i never found again because it magically disappeared from every corner of the internet) it sounded super magical, lana screamed and then said something like "Say Yes to heaven, say yes to me. and now you're swimming by the.... Ohh, ohhh, AAAHHHHHhh" (If someone also heard it, confirm if I also heard it so people don't think I'm crazy :toofunny:) I don't remember very well and it was in super lq, the point is that it sounded really good, now I feel the need to have Yes to heaven in a deluxe edition (only if it has that kind of changes that improve the song a lot).

๐“˜'๐“ถ ๐“ธ๐“ซ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ผ

๐“’๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ๐”‚ ๐“๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ด๐“ต๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฎ๐“ผ

ย 

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

Just now, TerrenceOnKilos said:

i feel like lana at any moment could release a deluxe version of ocean blvd, after all, it's an album that has a lot of promotion (compared to other eras) and i feel like taco truck wasn't the worthy closing for the album, i feel like more is needed. talking about that document.... it's obviously fake, but to be honest yes to heaven wouldn't be bad for a deluxe version of the album if they make many changes to the song, the other time i heard a snippet of a supposed version of Say Yes to heaven for the album (which i never found again because it magically disappeared from every corner of the internet) it sounded super magical, lana screamed and then said something like "Say Yes to heaven, say yes to me. and now you're swimming by the.... Ohh, ohhh, AAAHHHHHhh" (If someone also heard it, confirm if I also heard it so people don't think I'm crazy :toofunny:) I don't remember very well and it was in super lq, the point is that it sounded really good, now I feel the need to have Yes to heaven in a deluxe edition (only if it has that kind of changes that improve the song a lot).

i seem to remember her saying she doesn't like deluxe editions/re-releasesย 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

2 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

When you're right you're right
When you're right you're right
Even when you're wrong.

Up there with my favourite LDR lyrics ever.

reminds me of the last line of the full title of Fiona Apple's album When the Pawn... :ย 

"And if you fall it won't matter, cuz you'll know that you're right"

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

Peppers is finally growing on me. Particularly love the production at the climax of the song. Still having trouble with its placement on the tracklist but I assume that it has special meaning where it is so it's whatever. It feels so muchย like an unreleased Lizzy song.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

40 minutes ago, TerrenceOnKilos said:

i feel like lana at any moment could release a deluxe version of ocean blvd, after all, it's an album that has a lot of promotion (compared to other eras) and i feel like taco truck wasn't the worthy closing for the album, i feel like more is needed. talking about that document.... it's obviously fake, but to be honest yes to heaven wouldn't be bad for a deluxe version of the album if they make many changes to the song, the other day i heard a snippet of a supposed version of Say Yes to heaven for the album (which i never found again because it magically disappeared from every corner of the internet) it sounded super magical, lana screamed and then said something like "Say Yes to heaven, say yes to me. and now you're swimming by the.... Ohh, ohhh, AAAHHHHHhh" (If someone also heard it, confirm if I also heard it so people don't think I'm crazy :toofunny:) I don't remember very well and it was in super lq, the point is that it sounded really good, now I feel the need to have Yes to heaven in a deluxe edition (only if it has that kind of changes that improve the song a lot).

ย 

Spoiler

there have been so many fake โ€œreworkedย versionsโ€ of say yes to heaven over the years, so itย may have been one of those edits (some of them are pretty intricately done)

ย 

i donโ€™t see her doing a deluxe BUTTTT if she does unreleased in her shows โ€ฆ which i feel like COULD happen given their popularity and since sheโ€™s done that before โ€ฆ she would maybe do yes to heaven

ย 

when she adds yes to heaven but sped up version to the set list and then only sings songs from btd and nfr โ€ฆย 

tulla-luana.gif

sUcVobB.png

ย 

1 hour ago, Yosemite said:

Mm, isย that promo here with us?ย :awkney:

ย 

rich lee music video โ€ฆย listening parties โ€ฆ magazines and interviewsย โ€ฆ billboards/signs/posters irlย โ€ฆ addition to streaming platformย playlists โ€ฆ pop up shop โ€ฆย a festival tour โ€ฆย ย :true:ย more than bb or chemtrails at least!

sUcVobB.png

ย 

12 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

ย 

rich lee music video โ€ฆย listening parties โ€ฆ magazines and interviewsย โ€ฆ billboards/signs/posters irlย โ€ฆ addition to streaming platformย playlists โ€ฆ pop up shop โ€ฆย a festival tour โ€ฆย ย :true:ย more than bb or chemtrails at least!

I mean, considering there was a pandemic going on when those albums came out, most of what you said wasnโ€™t actually possible.

Ocean Blvdย def didnโ€™t have a lot of promo like OP said. It def had some promo but like, thereโ€™s no MVs out yet, sure thereโ€™s magazines & interviews but Chemtrails/Banisters did have some as well (not that many, I reckon) &ย Banisters also had a pop up shop. Also, both of them had more MVs pre-release

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Fishtail sounds like Cinnamon Girl and Tulsa Jesus Freak had a baby ๐Ÿผ

โ™กย Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angelsย โ™ก

8 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

I mean, considering there was a pandemic going on when those albums came out, most of what you said wasnโ€™t actually possible.

Ocean Blvdย def didnโ€™t have a lot of promo like OP said. It def had some promo but like, thereโ€™s no MVs out yet, sure thereโ€™s magazines & interviews but Chemtrails/Banisters did have some as well (not that many, I reckon) &ย Banisters also had a pop up shop. Also, both of them had more MVs pre-release

ย 

itโ€™s true, but taking away comparison to any of her other albums, there still is SOME promo โ€ฆ i mean people were convinced sheโ€™d never tour again and now sheโ€™s doing shows

ย 

my thought was just that sheโ€™s done more than what the expectations were โ€” since the expectations were so lowย :deadbanana:

sUcVobB.png

ย 

4 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

ย 

itโ€™s true, but taking away comparison to any of her other albums, there still is SOME promo โ€ฆ i mean people were convinced sheโ€™d never tour again and now sheโ€™s doing shows, my thought was just that sheโ€™s done more than what the expectations were โ€” since the expectations were so lowย :deadbanana:

Def agree, yeah.
Abt the touring part,ย only Twitterย stans make up those rumors, itโ€™s like saying every album she releases itโ€™s gonna be her last one.ย She def didnโ€™t tour bc of the pandemic cuz homegirl was booked tho (canโ€™t believe she was gonna come to Portugal in 2020 after just being here in 2019 โ€” fuck you COVID!).ย 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

26 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Mm, isย that promo here with us?ย :awkney:

There's been an insane amount of promo... She's been extremely active this era and keeping us fed very well

โ™กย Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angelsย โ™ก

1 minute ago, Carmen Del Rey said:

There's been an insane amount of promo... She's been extremely active this era and keeping us fed very well

Whereโ€™s that insane promo you and that other user are talking abt? Are weย so used to her never doing anything that we think this album rollout had a huge amount of promo?

Look at Dua Lipa โ€” or even Meghanย Trainor โ€” that is an insane amount of promo. What we had were just crumbs, tbhย 2-3 magazine covers, listening parties & 2 pop-up shops are not an insane amount of promo. We didnโ€™t even have a single MV pre-release, let alone a MV on release dayย :nails:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif