Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

I've still been thinking about Candy Necklace... so rockefeller was the richest, but only gives her candy necklaces instead of jewels. candy necklaces would ruin in the rain, so as long as he is there he's her umbrella but when he goes so will his gifts 

x VB having a different vocal take with different background vocals, so many hidden vocals too, and different production makes it new and special to me .. definitely an unconventional way to end an album but i love it

23 minutes ago, Morningcrow said:

I had this dream where...

....Signin' off, bang bang, kiss kiss

and this! she’s almost saying she’s woken up from the dream she had in venice bitch, it was nice to imagine but now it’s over, and she’s gotten rid of the “give me hallmark one dream one life one lover” “we make it work” dream (literally, by not including it) and the production being rougher and darker mirrors the impossibility of this dream … or something like that 💀 anyways … get high drop acid

sUcVobB.png

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Such wasted potential with Taco Truck. The first part is really cool, i literally don't understand why she didn't just continue the lanita song and add a trap beat to that instead. A new album is supposed to be for new songs, im pretty sure someone on soundcloud could have made this if we really wanted to hear a trap beat over VB 

I'm totally being delusional but maybe VB part is a sign that the specific elements of the last three records(COCC-BB-OB) will be no longer be there on the next record. I'm taking about the elements of calmness, wordiness than usual almost like a poem, the family and close friends themes, and the vibing rather than world building. So VB part could be interpreted like she'll go back to world building which she stopped after NFR imo. 

But despite everything i said, I believe there's a super high chance that she'll release an album full of Arcadias and Sweets too:thumb2:

After the absolute emotional wringer she puts us through on this album, nothing could be better than to end it with a dark and dirty Venice Bitch remix :true::tongue:

Spoiler

if you get it you get it :tongue::true:

Well, album's been only out for 3 days but i am already omw to envisioning the next era.

the closure of UV was "The Other Woman" - ended the album on a jazzy note, which was the territory that Lana explored on Honeymoon coming foward - jazz/ lounge music

the end of Honeymoon  was "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" - the first time she really stood up for herself, she was no longer in the "passive" role, so that in "Lust for Life" she took control over her role as a woman in the society who speaks her mind and don't give a single fuck, her songwriting drastically changed right here in this era.

the end of Lust was "Get Free", a "modern manifesto" that closes the album with waves, seagull & ocean sounds,  and on NFR cover, she's literally sailing on the ocean and doing surf rock music.

the end of NFR was "hope", a piano ballad that started and extended a whole era full of piano flops (COCC & BB)

the end of BB was "Sweet Carolina", a song that touches family subject - which was one of the main subjects she's just deeply explored in Ocean Blvd right now.

I'm so excited for whatever Taco Truck x VB leading us to next :smokeney:

22 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:

Taco Truck x VB  :true:

Taco Truck deserves to be extended to at least 4 or 5 minutes:icant:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

4 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Well, album's been only out for 3 days but i am already omw to envisioning the next era.

the closure of UV was "The Other Woman" - ended the album on a jazzy note, which was the territory that Lana explored on Honeymoon coming foward - jazz/ lounge music

the end of Honeymoon  was "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" - the first time she really stood up for herself, she was no longer in the "passive" role, so that in "Lust for Life" she took control over her role as a woman in the society who speaks her mind and don't give a single fuck, her songwriting drastically changed right here in this era.

the end of Lust was "Get Free", a "modern manifesto" that closes the album with waves, seagull & ocean sounds,  and on NFR cover, she's literally sailing on the ocean and doing surf rock music.

the end of NFR was "hope", a piano ballad that started and extended a whole era full of piano flops (COCC & BB)

the end of BB was "Sweet Carolina", a song that touches family subject - which was one of the main subjects she's just deeply explored in Ocean Blvd right now.

There was no surf rock music, she lied to us about the peppers influence too :bebe: we did get some soft rock and psych influence though.

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

There was no surf rock music, she lied to us about the peppers influence :bebe: we did get some soft rock and psych influence though.

pleek pleek just lemme take it as "surf rock music" - at least it's not surf rock "beautiful" :pout:

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

i kinda wish the song was only titled taco truck and all the insiders kept the vb part a secret :true:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

6 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Remix album.:flop:

Just now, Poppers said:

i kinda wish the song was only titled taco truck and all the insiders kept the vb part a secret :true:

it's true. and Taco Truck should be longer.

I need someone to make an extended remix version for this

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

puh-lease. Almost any track on ob is better than arcadia including the interludes

y'all just love to hate a ballad. lana put her heart and soul into that song and that's what i listen to her music for

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

10 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

:eartha:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

8 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Cocc has a lot of Nikki Lane

no it's trew it's trew:true:

neil posted a picture of a creepy church and tagged the guy who did the drawings for ocean blvd, and exit magazine, do we think this is for lana?

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

The real ending of DYK could be Candy Necklace if we think chronologically, which would indicate where she will go sonically from now on. 

yes please:defeated:  Daddy Jon will be our hope for getting away from Jack