Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

4 minutes ago, Chili Peppers said:

Omg wait I said this earlier. Is it legit like a coraline sample ???

Idk it just gives me the coralline vibez

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

I'm in love with this album. A masterpiece for me.

My favorite tracks so far :

Fingertips 

A&W

Taco Truck

Margaret

Grandfather (which has grown on me)

But all the other tracks are so good too.

Lana is really pouring her heart out.

It's so personal I feel almost unauthorized to listen to these songs, as it seems so bad to feel good listening to her difficult relationships and existential traumas. But I am not much self-confident and I can relate on this.

This album is all I needed these days. Tysm Lana.

This is going to get me a lot of hate but I just want to say it.

I love Lana. She'll always get a top priority listen for me. But for me, she's just gotten more and more slow boring. Many of her melodies have no actual musical to them anymore. It's like she's writing poetry and just singing it. Lyrically, its great. But melodically... its a run on. With that being said, I enjoyed the album but I don't love it. I think the latter half (other than the jimmy jimmy cocoa puff part of A&W) has the better sound.

Strongs of the album to me were: Fishtail, Taco Truckx VB, Let the Light in, Paris, Texis, Peppers

Like this is the same lady who gave us Never Let Me Go, Queen of Disaster, Ridin,  JFK, Live or Die, Caught You Boy, Heavy Hitter and these are just random songs I'm naming. I just wish she would experiment more again. 

Anyway, I do like the album. It's more personal and the as I've said before, the lyrics are haunting, beautiful, and meaningful.

Do we think she censored cop in A&W and mother in fingertips because.. as in Judah smith interlude says, I always thought my preaching was about you, but really it’s about me. Like, I’m not even giving you guys the satisfaction of being mentioned in my songs, because this is about how you made ME feel.. I don’t know  

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

28 minutes ago, Carmen Del Rey said:

Not a fan of Sweet. I hope it will grow on me but we will see. I love the different woman / basic bitch lyric but the melody of the entire song is just meh. Don't arrest me please. Still got 7 more songs to listen to, wanted to wait till I could get stoned lmao

Sweet is the beautiful of the album. The blatant filler track. But beautiful >>>>>>>>>>>>≥>>>>>>>>>>

Fishtail needs to be put into a bottle so I can pop it and chug it every day every hour. Fuqqqqqqq I love it. Side C Is such an emotional work out. Well, more like kintsugi till LTLI, and then from there to the end this album just vibes like a summer cruise down the streets that parallel the beach. But that middle section, and Grants, that's such an emotional work out.

PT was my guaranteed baby and it surprisingly didn't hit at first, but replay made it profoundly sad and very lonely, I adore it. Candy Necklace is a weird bitch and I am shocked it's the next single, but on replay I see the vision, I support the vision and I'd die for the vision-its just a dark ass song.

Grants is her saddest opener, mortality is a hell of a subject. 

I'm so impressed. I'm so fuckin exhausted. Fishtail slaps so hard. And Taco Truck just gave me the biggest hug cus VB is and forever will be that bitch.

We stan.

51 minutes ago, Venice said:

back back to the garden :sluttybunny::sluttybunny::sluttybunny:perfect closer

She can close any record now with VB sample and I’ll never be tired of it :true:

now we need jazz, rock and hyperpop remix of VB

there actually isn't a single bad or even mediocre song on the record for me personally, I'm pleasantly surprised! just from my first 1.5 "true" listens, I can already tell that this is a special body of work

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF