Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Kintsugi doesn't even feel like it 6+ minutes long. Beautiful track :wipe:

I wasn't fan of Paris Texas but now it just hit me out of nowhere :wowcry:

Margaret is still a skip :um3: it is okay but it would suit COCC better like instead of For Free?

It is really impressive that everyone has different opinion. Her power I fear

25 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

i gotta say it'd still be pretty interesting if she surpassed her considering miley probably was the reason of the postponement 

yeah but there’s like a 1% chance she’s doing more streams… norman has 15M i don’t see her increSe by 12M… 5M+ is more likely 

she’ll outsell her in pure sales and maybe even overall sales tho which is better anyways imo 

God, Candy Necklace is TOO good. It’s so incredibly moody and dark…Instant favorite. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

after reading jacks instagram  i think he don´t like Drew. Zach was the guy he loved so much.

now speculation:

For "Rock Candy Sweet" Jack and Lana made songs together, but on one sunday morning she brought "drew" with her. "Jack i wanted him produce some of my songs". And then Jack freaked out completely, he took all the songs they wrote together and said "Now you can write songs with this loser, im out. Im done with it. RCS was my baby."" So Lana had to scrap all the Jack songs and write  new songs with Drew. But she realized after BB release that she needs Jack for doing something special again. So she met him down at the taco truck and they talked to each other about this new project. Lana asked Jack to help her with the new album, but he says "the condition of my participation is that the loser Drew doesn't work on this album". Lana started to cry "Oh Jack he made some songs, i really like, please don´t do this to me.....Umh i have an idea. I will write a song for you and you can sing on this song. Would that make a difference?" Jack laughed "Thank you Lana, i have already forgotten this loser. Lets do this album together"

Happy End 

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

2 minutes ago, blackestday89 said:

after reading jacks instagram  i think he don´t like Drew. Zach was the guy he loved so much.

now speculation:

For "Rock Candy Sweet" Jack and Lana made songs together, but on one sunday morning she brought "drew" with her. "Jack i wanted him produce some of my songs". And then Jack freaked out completely, he took all the songs they wrote together and said "Now you can write songs with this loser, im out. Im done with it. RCS was my baby."" So Lana had to scrap all the Jack songs and write  new songs with Drew. But she realized after BB release that she needs Jack for doing something special again. So she met him down at the taco truck and they talked to each other about this new project. Lana asked Jack to help her with the new album, but he says "the condition of my participation is that the loser Drew doesn't work on this album". Lana started to cry "Oh Jack he made some songs, i really like, please don´t do this to me.....Umh i have an idea. I will write a song for you and you can sing on this song. Would that make a difference?" Jack laughed "Thank you Lana, i have already forgotten this loser. Lets do this album together"

Happy End 

I love you this Jack and Lana fanfiction is hilarious:air:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

46 minutes ago, love deluxe said:

i neeeed lana to do a surprise drop with no pre-release singles next era. imagine hearing the singles from this album for the first time in context with the rest of the record. like obviously they’re all stunning on their own, but i just know a surprise lana release would end me.

I agree. I liked when Taylor did that with Midnights, all we knew were the track names. It’s nice to hear an album in full on first listen without any prior knowledge of the singles. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

im still not over the last part of the judah smith interlude, specifically the very end

I used to think my preaching was mostly about you

& you’re not gonna like this, but I’m gonna tell you the truth

I’ve discovered my preaching is mostly about me

what an powerful message. i can see why lana included his preaching in the album and i believe that particular part (and it's meaning) can be found intertwined throughout the whole album. I know we've argued that chemtrails and bb were albums that Lana felt she had to write, but I don't think that's true when looking at ocean blvd. I believe she's finally found freedom in writing for herself, about herself, without worry of the perception viewers may have on the content of the lyrics. Candy necklace being right after the interlude was such a smart move imo

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Just now, esotericfaerie said:

so do we think lana is jack’s favorite collaborator out of everyone he’s worked with?

no, but im sure he's top 3 at this point 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)