Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Judah Smith Interlude

I actually don't hate this track, I just wish the voice of the pastor could be edited in a more atmospheric / church hall echo and lower in the midst of the ambient sounds. hearing him screaming constanly like a maniac is scary and weird (even tho i'm a catholic christian myself). Regardless, this is an errie & bizzare track and im here for it, but it'll be better if they take that "errieness" too another level of camp.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I think it's definitely an interesting addition and the instrumental is obviously stunning. It's inclusion is quite thought provoking because at times it does seem like she's supporting everything he's saying, but she also chose to make it spooky, and then by the end of the album she's literally dancing naked for her neighbours which goes directly against how this sermon starts. It's placement so close to Jon Batiste Interlude with only one hypnotic song in between also makes me think they are some sort of yin and yang vibes. Lana certainly contains multitudes :true:

8 minutes ago, DCooper said:

then by the end of the album she's literally dancing naked for her neighbours which goes directly against how this sermon starts

how so? if her dancing naked causes her neighbours to be lustful, its not her problem. jesus literally said that if how a woman looks causes you to sin or be lustful, its not her fault and you should pluck your own eyes out :ma: 

if anything lana's simply testing her neighbours' faith and willpower but not doing anything sinful herself :true: 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

8 hours ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

I guess unpopular opinion but I love it. I love how dark, unsettling, and eerie it feels. The production is incredible too. 

Soo true. The first time I listened, my heart was racing like crazy and I got super nervous. It was the first song I revisited after finishing my first listen. Definitely one of my favs!

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I honestly love it. It's frightening, eerie, unsettling, and odd... And the super strong reactions people are having to it make me appreciate it even more. That's what art should do. I'm gay, grew up in the church, have had a very mixed experience with religion, but I find Lana's artistic vision fascinating and compelling. The interludes are obviously here to add a thick layer of heavy atmosphere. It doesn't bother me at all, but I can understand why others may not like it, projecting off their own lived experiences. Megachurches and celebrity pastors are evil if you ask me, but that's also why I'm not surprised Lana's intrigued by them. :illumilana2:

19 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

I hate it.

Lana’s worst song ever and it will be hard to dethrone this one.

That was her plan all along - now everybody will appreciate Coachella - Woodstock On My Mind more!

Good lord, what an embarrassment. I can't believe this crap is 4 minute long when it feels longer than A&W and Venice Bitch combined. 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

Now I’ve never ever been to a church or heard preaching to this interlude was kinda a shock to me. I love his voice, the tone and the whole pace, also the instrumental is amazing too. “I used to think my preaching was mostly about you but it’s mostly about me” parallels with Lana’s writing too. The creepy trio of interludes and candy necklace is my favorite part. 

I get why you guys don’t like it as you live around Christianity, I really relate to that living in a Muslim country. 

Not too bad actually. She's listed as first writer (JS second, Antonoff last) on the physical's liner notes, which makes me optimistic she contributed significantly to the music, as we know JS is solely responsible for the "lyrics". I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when she suggested it to JS, and would have loved to have monitored LDR with all sorts of physio-measures while she played it for him, as well as the whole album (at least, if I were he, I would have requested that), just to see what she was most anxious about. Heck, I would have loved to have monitored the pastor as well. 

As for the sermon's content (i.e., love what you have; don't lust for what you don't?), this could be contradictory from other church positions on familiar issues that I don't need to rehash here. That is, provided one doesn't break any golden rules, the first thing you have is yourself, and maybe the 2nd thing is other people compatible with yourself. The idea of why God would bother with him, when there's the sky, whales, and rhinos, I found quaint, because lots of atheist physicists rationalize the meaning of (intelligent) life as the (sole) means of how the universe gets to know the universe. I watch a lot of youtube videos on philosophy, science, whatnot, among them atheistic/"apologetic" videos (e.g., meaning of life, with or without religion, is a bigee). 

The last para of the interlude reflects the highly personal nature of the album (sort of forcing the interlude to connect to the album); however, that line wasn't quite as comprehensible, for me, in the context of his sermon.

I fw it. 

I really like how it brings ideas of mortality and the finals lines reflect to me how Lana is singing for herself "I’ve discovered my preaching is mostly about me" :lanahairflip3: 

I like the sound and power it brings. It inspires a lot of emotions in me.

(and, I think I'm lucky it happens to not touch on religious triggers for me, which I understand would be a deal breaker if it did)

I actually really like this interlude. I think it just doesn't make sense as a lead in for Candy Necklace--I think maybe, based off the tiny snippets--it would've worked better leading into Zodiac. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

I know it was mentioned that the song is about Sean but i just realized after the lyrics

“And the spirit of God says, “I’ll confuse you with desires

With what you have and what’s in front of you”

when she says yup yup, she whispers “sounds familiar” after :lmao:

we love a Sean diss 

giphy.gif

.⊹˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄