Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste) [Official Visualizer] - Out Now

2 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

what’s a visualizer? 

The millenials' (pre) music video to help the streams but I'm not sure this one counts 'cause the song isn't even really playing :oprah3:

which I find iconic that she did that lmao 

Was screaming like a fucking child when I saw this and my bestie told me to breathe

If that Lana owns a white van and kids go missing, I'll be the first

48 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

what’s a visualizer? 

Basically it's just a video with probably not much going on with a song. Sometimes it's a loop, it depends

The way only the flower in her hair is colored :crying4: she’s so beautiful 

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

19 hours ago, tulsa jesus twink said:

wait omg?? is she dressed as the black dahlia?

This is literally what I was thinking. This song...I love it but at the same time it feels absolutely cursed?? There is something disturbing about it that I can't at all explain...like the song "Gloomy Sunday," which is a lovely song but supposedly has a weird, dark effect on people. Black Dahlia vibes 100% goes with that. 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

40 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

curiously, I've never seen or heard of this 2006 film, but it looks like it was made for a Lana Del Rey song

It’s actually real life story of Elizabeth Short knows as Black Dahlia. Her murder is still unsolved mystery with really really disturbing images on web.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

1 hour ago, margaret soty said:

I wonder if she will include Jon Batiste Interlude on the video, that would be great. 

Hopefully yes. It would add so much to the meaning.

The more I think about this...the more I think this "visualizer" is the video itself. 

"going to be giving meta black dahlia with a where do we go from here ending"

what is more meta black dahlia than an artist's work being cut short before it could be realized? if this was the full/only video to be released it would tie in with the life of the black dahlia being cut short before she got to release films, etc. 

as far as the "where do we go from here ending" - are we living it already by wondering and hoping for a video that is never going to come? 

perhaps her statement at the end: "in case they said I never did anything, I did. I stood here and I sang it" could be a parallel to people dismissing the black dahlia as being a true actress because she didn't have recognizable credits? Because she unfortunately never got the chance to live long enough and continue pursuing her dreams?

I may be reading into things way too much, and I will admit that I don't know much about the black dahlia. Just what I read on Wikipedia along with general cultural knowledge. I look forward to a full video if one comes; however, Lana really is quite poetic and philosophical and I would not be shocked if this visualizer was the full story she wishes to tell here. I hope that makes sense 

edit to add: is this what BOZ can't talk about till 2025 :raven: