Are we sure she isn't singing "I just wanna be your daddy"? That's all I hear. I also def hear "Let me love you woman, woman let me love you madly". To me this song sounds like it's from the man's perspective. Perhaps the pre-chorus isn't, or maybe Lana was really out here eating ass. Either way this song is very excellent! One of my fav unreleaseds.

qfrWuBl.png

yeah i think she's definitely saying daddy because of the possible lyric connection to love her madly by the doors (there are lots of other songs that use love you madly / want you badly lyrics but i feel like it's most connected to this)

Don't you love her madly?
Don't you need her badly?
Wanna be her daddy?

sUcVobB.png

1 hour ago, honeybadger said:

yeah i think she's definitely saying daddy because of the possible lyric connection to love her madly by the doors (there are lots of other songs that use love you madly / want you badly lyrics but i feel like it's most connected to this)

Don't you need her badly?
Wanna be her daddy?

oh my god how did i not make this connection? :lange: this is my favorite band and i just KNOW she's intentionally referencing "summer's almost gone" in white dress

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I also hear daddy and woman

I think it's from the man's perspective, which also makes sense with the rest of the lyrics

Men are stereotypically depicted as not wanting serious relationships compared to women, "I don't want to fall in love"/"I don't want to marry you"...)

Also she sings "I don't want your cherry" which could refer to "popping your cherry" meaning loosing your virginity “popping” of the hymen during vaginal sex (penis-in-vagina intercourse) which could describe something a man could do to her. 

I think the chorus is a paraphrase of something a man would tell her which also makes sense with The Doors reference (Love Her Madly)

6 minutes ago, loveyoumadly said:

I also hear daddy and woman

I think it's from the man's perspective, which also makes sense with the rest of the lyrics

Men are stereotypically depicted as not wanting serious relationships compared to women, "I don't want to fall in love"/"I don't want to marry you"...)

Also she sings "I don't want your cherry" which could refer to "popping your cherry" meaning loosing your virginity “popping” of the hymen during vaginal sex (penis-in-vagina intercourse) which could describe something a man could do to her. 

I think the chorus is a paraphrase of something a man would tell her which also makes sense with The Doors reference (Love Her Madly)

This song is quintessential UV. It embodies everything this album IS. The rock reference, the lyrics, the production, her vocals after the second verse, the title... I honestly want nothing else than this song to leak in HQ. This could possibly become one of my fav song she ever made 

1 minute ago, loveyoumadly said:

This song is quintessential UV. It embodies everything this album IS. The rock reference, the lyrics, the production, her vocals after the second verse, the title... I honestly want nothing else than this song to leak in HQ. This could possibly become one of my fav song she ever made 

I totally agree with this. Madly and Pink Champagne (in my opinion) are core UV tracks. I wish she still included them on the album. Everything about this song is so insanely good idc. :trisha:

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Just now, Paris Hilton said:

I totally agree with this. Madly and Pink Champagne (in my opinion) are core UV tracks. I wish she still included them on the album. Everything about this song is so insanely good idc. :trisha:

THIS ! I'm so mad Pink Champagne got reworked as LMLYLAW... I mean I've been streaming PC like crazy since it leaked it's just SO good... 

4 minutes ago, Paris Hilton said:

Wait I'm just noticing in the Final version on COTCC in the lyrics it says "We could get high on something trippy" but it sounds exactly like she's saying "Pink Champagne" ?? lanita what did u do :(

Just now, margaret soty said:

both > Guns and Roses

Guts and Roaches has grown on me a lot over the years :true:

Just now, loveyoumadly said:

Wait I'm just noticing in the Final version on COTCC in the lyrics it says "We could get high on something trippy" but it sounds exactly like she's saying "Pink Champagne" ?? lanita what did u do :(

She’s just saying “we could get high on some pink champagne” it’s a combination of the two.