Chris Cuomo

Katy Perry

29 minutes ago, bored said:

A Universal statement was released this week somewhere in Europe stating Katy Perry was returning! 

An insider confirmed a remix of Resilient featuring a Spanish pop star exists and could come this month... Also Katy herself liked a tweet about an upcoming video for Not The End Of The World! 

I expect Only Love might get a push at some point since Capitol really like that one. 

I guess I don't care about Spanish features (always have hated mixed languages songs), but I'm here for the video for Not the End of the World. It's one of my favourites, and since I heard it the first time I expected a visual from it. Only Love should be launched as a single as well.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

So I have a theory, there's new merch on her US store that says "Smile - Side B"... I'm thinking perhaps a deluxe version of Smile was planned (hence the fan edition of the CD rather than it being called a deluxe edition). However since it kinda flopped maybe they're releasing the rest as an EP, side B. Maybe new music plus the new remix of Resilient? 

i wonder what's next for Katy? The radio/public really did her dirty with NRO, easily one of the best songs of 2019. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

14 hours ago, bored said:

So I have a theory, there's new merch on her US store that says "Smile - Side B"... I'm thinking perhaps a deluxe version of Smile was planned (hence the fan edition of the CD rather than it being called a deluxe edition). However since it kinda flopped maybe they're releasing the rest as an EP, side B. Maybe new music plus the new remix of Resilient? 

I wouldn't mind more songs from the era! I would like her to rework Energy and give it to us along with a few more outtakes (I guess there could be more).

Not the End of the World gives me E.T. vibes but less passionate imo. Still a nice track.

Witness has grown on me over time and I actually prefer it over Prism. Smile is okay I just wish she went a bit more risky with some of the production.

TD > OOTB > Witness > Smile > Prism

:whitney:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

4 hours ago, Roses of Saigon said:

Not the End of the World gives me E.T. vibes but less passionate imo. Still a nice track.

Witness has grown on me over time and I actually prefer it over Prism. Smile is okay I just wish she went a bit more risky with some of the production.

TD > OOTB > Witness > Smile > Prism

:whitney:

Couldn't resist the temptation to rank Katy's albums, disregarding my disliking for rankings lol. Kinda unpopular, but to me Teenage Dream is the album of hers I like the least, not to say I don't like it.

Prism > Witness > One of the Boys > Smile > Teenage Dream; where I still like Smile, though. I'm kinda tasteless, if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, moonchild13 said:

Couldn't resist the temptation to rank Katy's albums, disregarding my disliking for rankings lol. Kinda unpopular, but to me Teenage Dream is the album of hers I like the least, not to say I don't like it.

Prism > Witness > One of the Boys > Smile > Teenage Dream; where I still like Smile, though. I'm kinda tasteless, if you ask me.

tbh i don't think she'll ever be able to top One of the Boys. It's just the perfect soft-rock/pop-rock album that mixes alt sounds and pop sounds perfectly. i wish she'd revisit that sound again. Thinking of You, I'm Still Breathing are some of the best tracks in her discography 

1 minute ago, Mer Boy said:

tbh i don't think she'll ever be able to top One of the Boys. It's just the perfect soft-rock/pop-rock album that mixes alt sounds and pop sounds perfectly. i wish she'd revisit that sound again. Thinking of You, I'm Still Breathing are some of the best tracks in her discography 

It’s also her best album lyrically. Fingerprints will always be my favorite track off that album.

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

New song sounds like Witness and Smile. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just that she's never gonna have another big hit with this type of music again. I wish she'd just embrace that she's not going to be a main pop girl anymore (bc, tbh, "main pop girls" don't even exist anymore), and release an alt-rock/indie influenced album...

i apologize to the katycats in advance of this comment -

she is a waste of talent. she has obviously shown that she CAN make amazing music and she just isn't. i would say her only good pieces of work are one of the boys (minus THAT track), teenage dream, parts of prism & the double aside single that never was (never really over / harleys in hawaii)

like @Mer she needs to go back to making pop rock music because i really think she would shine doing that

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif