Chris Cuomo

Katy Perry

23 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

Would y’all say Smile is better than Witness? I haven’t given Smile a listen yet because I was so let down by Witness.. 

I'd say the lyricism on Smile is less cringy compared to Witness, it also feels way tamer. Smile is basically a good collection of songs, while Witness is all over the place in terms of the message. It still bops tho 

6 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

Would y’all say Smile is better than Witness? I haven’t given Smile a listen yet because I was so let down by Witness.. 

so I actually revisited Witness this week and it was a lot better than I remembered. I think thank lyrically its more cohesive than Smile but Smile wasnt that bad  

I really can't believe they ditched the Feels / Never Really Over / Small Talk / Harleys In Hawaii 70s chic aesthetic for the clown... Even Daisies was a better aesthetic, it just ruins the album for me... Especially when songs like Smile and Champagne Problems have retro / disco undertones, she could've used that aesthetic for the whole era.

On 9/12/2020 at 4:58 AM, HEARTCORE said:

the fact that people won’t stop mentioning Feels, a 3 YEAR OLD song that has nothing to do with this album...let it GOOO

LOL at me not even knowing about its existence :smokes3:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 9/12/2020 at 10:58 AM, HEARTCORE said:

the fact that people won’t stop mentioning Feels, a 3 YEAR OLD song that has nothing to do with this album...let it GOOO

I know Feels had nothing to do with the Smile era, however I personally feel that it was that song and music video that kickstarted the whole 70s vibe she had going throughout the 2019 singles... Plus it was her last big hit in the UK, so maybe after the success of that single and Never Really Over, they should've stuck with an image and a sound.

I would never of wanted her to put Feels on this album or anything but she could've really explored the retro disco vibe of the video plus the 2019 aesthetic a bit more. At least then the era would've felt more consistent? Even the Champagne Problems visual fits with that theme, so the clown thing really is jarring and unecessary in my opinion.

I had higher expectations for this album and in the end I’m gonna have to pass on it. I don’t hate it, it wasn’t awful, but it wasn’t anything special either. Maybe my opinion is an unpopular one, but, I don’t think she has the voice for pop/dance music. She’s a nice singer, but with that raspy edge her voice has she sounded better doing that pop-rock/Alanis Morissette inspired music from OOTB and the unreleased songs. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

5 hours ago, bored said:

For me, this should've been the singles run...

01. Never Really Over

02. Harleys In Hawaii

03. Daisies

04. Tucked

05. Only Love

If she released Cry About It Later, Teary Eyes, Champagne Problems, Smile and Tucked as singles, instead of all the ones she released, the era could have been better developed imo.

2 hours ago, moonchild13 said:

If she released Cry About It Later, Teary Eyes, Champagne Problems, Smile and Tucked as singles, instead of all the ones she released, the era could have been better developed imo.

Hmmm, see personally, I think Never Really Over was the perfect lead. Harleys In Hawaii was different for Katy and was something fresh from her (if only the label sent it to radio). Daisies, like Never Really Over was classic pop Katy but still felt new and was the perfect relaunch in my opinion. Tucked could've been a summer single for her, reminds me very much of Teenage Dream era (especially California Gurls strangely). And closing the era with Only Love would've been nice, kinda like a temporary goodbye whilst she becomes a mother etc.

I personally don't see Cry About It Later, Teary Eyes or Champagne Problems having any impact in 2020, the production seems dated to me. And Smile, should've just stayed as an album track or a buzz single; I get it's the classic Katy Perry pop song, but I think it's just a bit basic.

So, the Smile era continues... There's lots of speculation about an upcoming remix of Resilient being released, also a music video for Not The End Of The World. 

It was rumoured earlier in the year that Cry About It Later had a music video filmed too but it's potentially scrapped like the Smile (Diddy version) video. 

8 minutes ago, bored said:

So, the Smile era continues... There's lots of speculation about an upcoming remix of Resilient being released, also a music video for Not The End Of The World. 

It was rumoured earlier in the year that Cry About It Later had a music video filmed too but it's potentially scrapped like the Smile (Diddy version) video. 

I thought the era was done already!

Just now, moonchild13 said:

I thought the era was done already!

A Universal statement was released this week somewhere in Europe stating Katy Perry was returning! 

An insider confirmed a remix of Resilient featuring a Spanish pop star exists and could come this month... Also Katy herself liked a tweet about an upcoming video for Not The End Of The World! 

I expect Only Love might get a push at some point since Capitol really like that one.