Coney Island Queen

Why do you love Lana?

There is truly no one like her. Video Games was so captivating that I was hooked instantly. She is so sweet to fans and truly makes an effort to get to know them and talk to them. She is also so down to earth, like even though she is famous she stills acts like a normal person instead of some spoiled celebrity. The mystery of her life also captivates because it's like doing a puzzle with no clear image and you can choose which pieces you accept and which pieces you think are rumor. I could keep writing, but I don't want to spend my entire New Years writing an essay on how much I love her and she was my first musical obsession.

An essay would be great! Imagine one day, we all come together and write a book of love for Lana!

http://www.youtube.com/user/lovelanalikelife ♥Music For Lana&Lana's Fans♥

I've never really been a true fan of like, anyone, I don't think. but I feel a bit of a connection with her, in terms of her visual style, her overall demeanor (awkward, but often misconstrued as bitchy or even worse), and her whole 'world' in general (what with the various shades of narcissism, girlish emotional torment, and daddy-heavy love). My focus in school has always been science, but I feel as if she's allowed me to tap into a more creative side of myself (re: fan art). ultimately, despite the depressive and often fucked up undertones, I think she's made me more optimistic about life, and people in general. no easy feat.

ZRBNill.jpg

I've never really been a true fan of like, anyone, I don't think. but I feel a bit of a connection with her, in terms of her visual style, her overall demeanor (awkward, but often misconstrued as bitchy or even worse), and her whole 'world' in general (what with the various shades of narcissism, girlish emotional torment, and daddy-heavy love). My focus in school has always been science, but I feel as if she's allowed me to tap into a more creative side of myself (re: fan art). ultimately, despite the depressive and often fucked up undertones, I think she's made me more optimistic about life, and people in general. no easy feat.

A long, long time ago I was into science, too...

but then I realized that life just goes beyond it...

so deep no formulas can enter...

http://www.youtube.com/user/lovelanalikelife ♥Music For Lana&Lana's Fans♥

i was sad and lonely and depressed at the start of this year and now, but then i discovered Lana and now 11 months and 108 songs later I'm happier and more certain than i have ever been in my whole life. Lana has filled the hole in my heart that nobody could ever even attempt to fill. she is an angel and has inspired me more than you could even imagine. i live for Lana and i would sacrifice everything for her she means the whole world to me and nobody has ever changed my life as much as she has.

it's like we're the same person :icant:

i76mrxw.png 

she is so unique. ive never heard anything like her. i've always been a fan of retro-lounge-jazz/pop-bigband music of the 20s through the 60s and she updates it in a way that is completely her own. she is one of the most risk-taking vocalists i've ever heard in the pop genre: She has so many tones and sounds she seamlessly plays around with, often within the context of one song or one verse. Her range is incredible both in the notes she can stretch to and stylistically.

essentially she utilizes everything i like about all of the genres i listen to and throws away everything that annoys me about those genres while adding many aspects of music i've never heard before. She needs to make music forever.

edit: and thats just the music side of her... then when you think about all the cinematic and visual elements of her persona your head will explode from the awesomeness.

delrey_zps3df8c502.jpg

What captured me about her at first, was her beauty, then how shy she was. I loved her attitude in her early interviews! How she always touched her hair, it was fascinating! 

And, weirdly, her songs never get boring. They just don't. I listened for the new Selena Gomez single for 3 days, and I am kind of getting tired. But I am still not over Paradise. Weird...but her songs last forever, and I really admire that.

How come I didn't see this wonderful thread yet?

I guess everyone felt attracted to the exquisite quality of her music, which isn't essentially new but yet uncommon these days. I like that she has an eye for the aesthetic of her entire body of work. I like the way she deals with words. I like many things about her, in fact, many aspects remind me of myself.

But the reason why I love her? That's a tricky question. I suppose the true reasons why we feel drawn to something or someone are so subconscious that an accurate answer can never be given. And maybe that's where Lana's charm lies: in the subconscious. She stimulates a very certain nerve in me, and I'm sure that's the same for everybody else. It is my interpretation of her work, or misinterpretation if you will, that makes me feel very close to her. Or less alone. 

I love her general aesthetic and how biographical she is. Even if there is a lot we don't know about her, her lyrics are very honest + personal, especially when you compare them to other artists.  I like how she can combine deep, philosophical lyrics with something shallow/ a pop culture reference.  

I love how her favorite music artists and cinema has influenced her + her sound.  I like how even though she is a rich girl and comes from a wealthy background, and she always had drive and knew what she wanted to do.  Sometimes I think she resented her parent's wealth.  I love that a girl with a millionaire father would live in a trailer park.

She's in a league of her own.  There is no other artist out there right now that has her sound.  Anytime I see her compared to another artist it's so unfounded.  I.e. Adele.. sure they both sing at a lower register and wear winged liner, but their lyrics and sound couldn't be more different. You might as well compare her to Katy Perry.   (Personally, I think Lana sounds a lot like Julie London) 

Lana is the most genuinely nice celebrity out there, I think.  I've never met her but I've never seen one bad thing said about her or read a bad fan encounter.  I mean she kisses them on the lips for God's sake.. if you watch any of those videos on youtube w/ other celebrities with their fans, they are usually very distant or don't even give them the time of day.  I know some of those people are more well-known than Lana/have been famous longer, but I still think Lana would still act the same if she were at Beyonce's level of fame.

I love how you can relate to her lyrics even if you haven't necessarily shared similar experiences.  I also like that she's an introvert, cos I can relate to that and I think a little humility is good.   Really, I just really admire how humble she is and how much influence she has on her work.  She has covered so many genres and has been so successful but she still acts like everyone else, refusing to call her fans 'fans' and referring them as her friends and such.  Oh and I love her kitsch!

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I can’t REALLY explain to you why I love her so much unless you have ever felt like you wanted to die or that you were useless or not good enough. Because for years i have felt lost and alone in a world full of opportunities and chances, but none of them have lit the spark inside me that makes me WANT to achieve. Lana Del Rey, through her music and thought concept in general has made me realise i have a purpose in my life and that i CAN and WILL be happy. i don't need to impress other people and i don't need to be another standard figure in society. i can climb onto the back of a motorcycle and ride into the desert sun with my best friend hand in hand screaming and escaping reality. i can be wild and free and crazy and just not give a fuck and i thank Lana for making me realise that she makes my dreams seem real and true.

she survived a battle with alcohol and rose out of it to become a worldwide controversial icon. she is my role model for every aspect of life. she has been lost and terrified and uncertain of existence just like me and i relate to her so much and if she can pull through all of that shit then so can i.

i was sad and lonely and depressed at the start of this year and now, but then i discovered Lana and now 11 months and 108 songs later I'm happier and more certain than i have ever been in my whole life. Lana has filled the hole in my heart that nobody could ever even attempt to fill. she is an angel and has inspired me more than you could even imagine. i live for Lana and i would sacrifice everything for her she means the whole world to me and nobody has ever changed my life as much as she has.

so maybe i am a little over obsessive and pathetic but i dont care because i’m happy and free and it’s all thanks to one amazing goddess; Lana Del Rey

This was really beautiful, I think you should write this in the "Dear Lana"-fanbook. I'm sure she would be very happy to read this :)