Fluorine

Songs & Musicians Similar to Lana Recommendations Thread

depeche mode's albums songs of faith and devotion and ultra (i could mention dave gahan's imposter too) give some kind of ultraviolence vibes; took me a while to find something similar to ultraviolence and im still looking for such albums

I'd totally recommend Hannah Cohen, my favourite record of hers is Pleasure Boy but her newest release is also pretty good (and I actually knew about her on this forum years ago)

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

I wonder if Kill Bill has a special meaning for Lana. Not only the similarity of the name of the song 'Kill Kill', but on Vol. 1 we also find Nancy Sinatra (Bang Bang) and the song 'Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood' she covered later, plus on Vol. 2 this song and her favorite Ennio Morricone.

Does anybody know anything similar to Valley of the Dolls? I love how much it's vocal driven with that dreamy spacey melody and ethereal simple instrumental (that sounds like ut was made with only one synth). It makes me feel like floating in another dimension. What other songs/artists sound like this?

I don't know how to explain but Neptune by FOALS is giving me Venice Bitch vibes maybe because of long instrumental breakdowns but also in a weird way that sonically VB feels like I'm looking at the crashing waves while Neptune feels like I'm in those crashing waves. 

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

last.fm seems to be good in finding similar artists.

https://www.last.fm/music/Lana+Del+Rey/+similar

Also interesting, which artists have Lana in their top 3? (not all are listed here)

1 August Eve
1 Barrie-James
1 Emile Hayne
1 Lorde
1 Zella Day
2 Marina
2 Melanie Martinez
3 Ethel Cain
3 Honey Gentry
3 Taylor Swift

Let me know what you guys think, because I've been trying to find someone who is similar to Lana, but I haven't been able to find anyone yet that I can really get into yet.

2 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Is this meant to say something cause it’s blank for me :toofunny: you ate

Lanaboards doesn't work on my phone for some reason like I spent 10 minutes adding links and then they randomly dissappear im going to re add them when I get home from work 🥲

I think there's no artist who is 100% like Lana, also because she changed her style in time, and it's also a question which album you like most, but this ones I would recommend: Angel Olsen, Jesse Jo Stark, Mazzy Star, Mitski, Taylor Swift, Fiona Apple, Suki Waterhouse and Marina

Nostalghia. The production is so close to something like a darker Honeymoon. And the lyrics are very lana-esque. A bit like Ultraviolence. 

Edit: her first album is one I never related to Lana, but her album Imāgo definitely relates (the first video is a single from it), and her B Sides release (second video) as well. I feel like Nostalghia furthers the cinematic production and lyricism I wish Lana had kept up after Honeymoon.

honestly if you are looking for someone similar to 2012-2015 lana, i find anyone who is "similar" just sounds like a shitty copy, but lots of artists are similar to her 2019-2023 sound, 

taylor swift (folklore and evermore albums, also some songs off midnights), suki waterhouse, weyes blood, fiona apple, joni mitchell, bleachers (jack antonoff's band), elliot smith, mazzy star

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・