Fluorine

Songs & Musicians Similar to Lana Recommendations Thread

6 hours ago, lanalover99 said:

Let me know what you guys think, because I've been trying to find someone who is similar to Lana, but I haven't been able to find anyone yet that I can really get into yet.

Really depends which Lana era you prefer. I do love trippy, hazy, dream pop, so Cigarettes After Sex and Beach House are two household names in that genre that remind me a bit of Lana’s trippy side . The first Neighborhood albums sound similar to BTD (they both share the same producer). The National has very strong sad lyrics that I also love. Weyes Blood is another excellent singer songwriter with very nice production ( Drew was involved on Titanic Rising). Father John Misty is a bit like the « male Lana » on some of his songs. 

Alexandra Savior! If you like Lana songs such as California, Thunder and Dealer, then I suggest to start with her debut album (Alex Turner, Zach Dawes and James Ford were involved with the production/songwriting).

Her other album The Archer really does give off subtle Honeymoon vibes, it has quite a rich cinematic sound

♡⋆*.⋆ ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

6 minutes ago, violentvioletsky said:

Alexandra Savior! If you like Lana songs such as California, Thunder and Dealer, then I suggest to start with her debut album (Alex Turner, Zach Dawes and James Ford were involved with the production/songwriting).

Her other album The Archer really does give off subtle Honeymoon vibes, it has quite a rich cinematic sound

yessssss I love Alexandra savior!!!

some of my favourites

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Hannah Cohen's Pleasure Boy, I actually knew about her on this forum years ago when another user pointed out she sounded a bit like Lana.

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

An honourable mention to Goldfrapp's album Felt Mountain. Sonically speaking it has a great mix of trip hop present in Born To Die, the Old Hollywood glamour from Honeymoon, as well as the witchy mysticism from Lust For Life's earlier demos.

♡⋆*.⋆ ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

i’d say honey gentry’s music is quite similar. but i would recommend marina, fiona apple, melanie martinez, and mitski even though they don’t sound similar imo if you like lana you’ll probably like them to some degree :)

9c2f159f3783d5d514e1aebcfad2d2ff.jpg

you're in the wind, i'm in the water, nobody's son, nobody's daughter... ౨ৎ·゚:*

Well according to my mom Mitski has the same voice and lyrics as lana but I don’t think so. Take that with a grain of salt 

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

I don’t know this artist but I just remember years ago I heard this song and was gagging because I thought it was Lana and when I realised it wasn’t I double gagged so hard and i’m still gagging to this day. Tell me that’s not Gangster Nancy Sinatra singing

Definitely Alexandra Savior.

Other artists you could enjoy (depending on which Lana era you prefer) are Widowspeak, Fiona Apple, Elysian Fields, Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions/ Mazzy Star, Lera Lynn, Jesse Jo Stark, Miynt and Hooverphonic. 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

9 hours ago, Weirdkowski said:

Pink floyd, fleetwod mac, jeff buckley, leonard cohen, Harry Nilsson - if you get it you get it. No one from our times gives me the same depth, freedom and nostalgia that Lana has

definitely jeff buckley!

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Fingertips legit became one of my favorite songs of all time and I'm starving for more songs like it. Sally's Song from TNBC soundtrack sounds very similar. I'm looking for slow orchestral mainly tracks with not too low pitched vocals, ethereal operatic quality and also that feel a little loose in structure. Anything, I'm dying to hear more like this.

This song is a copy-paste of every Born To Die album melodies and beats. Well it's obvious because Emile Haynie produced it. It even samples Lana's breaths from Burning Desire, you can hear them quietly in the background somewhere at the beginning.

url%5D