lflflflflflflflflflf

[RESULTS] LanaBoards - Ultimate Lana Song Ranking: 2012 Edition

Paradise as one of the worst songs? I can't with you people

Flip-table-gif.gif

i was gonna mention this but i can only assume if you voted for the song where lana says THAT'S DOPE as bad, u r basic.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

i was gonna mention this but i can only assume if you voted for the song where lana says THAT'S DOPE as bad, u r basic.

even if u don't like the "That's dope" line, how can u vote against a song thaa talks about oral sex? I mean, what's wrong with you!!!

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Because a lot of people love being hyperbolic.

Because a lot of people hate it.

:crying: at Without You and Noir being so high, I'm beyond stoked. But songs with multiple versions have too much advantage here. And Get Drunk at 29, I was honestly expecting much lower so I can deal with that.

:eek: at the singles winning, although I did send Ride some points and not Yayo now that I think about it...

My votes, if anyone cares. Looking at it, I'm wondering why I voted American or Summer of Sam rather than Jimmy Gnecco or Elvis or Pin Up Galore, but hey they deserved some love I guess:

01. [+15] Get Drunk

02. [+14] Cola

03. [+13] Every Man Has His Wish

04. [+12] Noir

05. [+11] Disco

06. [+10] Without You

07. [+09] For K Part 2

08. [+08] Blue Jeans

09. [+07] Driving in Cars With Boys ("I wear my red lipstick" Demo)

10. [+06] Gogo Dancer

11. [+05] On Our Way

12. [+05] Off to the Races

13. [+05] Mermaid Motel

14. [+04] Kill Kill

15. [+04] Summer of Sam

16. [+04] Fordham Road

17. [+03] Ride

18. [+03] Lolita (Demo #1, Video Version)

19. [+02] Million Dollar Man

20. [+02] Fake Diamond

21. [+01] American

22. [-01] Dark Paradise

23. [-05] Delicious

24. [-10] Lucky Ones

Paris, Damn You and Afraid are too low. Paris is awfully low! Should be Top 20 at least!

You Can Be the Boss and Summertime Sadness are way too high.

Lucky Ones is not too bad. Lolita should be there instead.

And YES! at Yayo and Ride tied!

Awesome results!

tumblr_m96crxuqnY1rn19nco1_500.gif

iv8yeQPF0g7uM.gif

I think 11th to 20th is the best, but I'm still living for Serial Killer and Noir breaking right through those ride or die B2D stans' votes. What a top 10, though... :eek:

(Big Bad Wolf is also way better than Delicious, yikes.)

But songs with multiple versions have too much advantage here.

Nobody voted for two versions of one song though and we only have one version of Ride and it still made it to first place.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Nobody voted for two versions of one song though and we only have one version of Ride and it still made it to first place.

Well this was before I knew that. Anyway lots of songs made it far ahead with only one version to go on.

Well, Noir leaked, what, two weeks ago? And it's number five on this list. Of people's favorite songs out of every single available Lana Del Rey song. I've seen people cite a new song, upon first listen, as a "favorite." The word/concept is pretty meaningless. A big part of language as a whole is.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Well, Noir leaked, what, two weeks ago? And it's number five on this list. Of people's favorite songs out of every single available Lana Del Rey song. I've seen people cite a new song, upon first listen, as a "favorite." The word/concept is pretty meaningless. A big part of language as a whole is.

What kind of impression :mariah:

Did people say the same for Dynamite or Back to tha Basics?

Mo, we're allowed to like and dislike things, and there's not always some ulterior motive like hyperbole and language as a whole. I'm only emphasizing this because I did list Lucky Ones as my least favorite and I did put Noir in the top 5 and those are genuine opinions that I feel you're trying to diminish. So what if Noir got into my mind in a big way.

I think the success of Ride and Noir in this list might indicate that novelty is an advantage in these sort of polls. I wonder whether Sirens songs would have done better if this was taken back in May. I wonder whether I would have voted for Try Tonight when my love for it was fresh. As it is, the only Sirens song I voted for was A Star for Nick. (Fat lot of good it did. :P)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Paradise as one of the worst songs? I can't with you people

Flip-table-gif.gif

I'm so pleased someone else has a love for Paradise.

Also, Trash Magic, Backfire, Playing Dangerous, Velvet Crowbar and Diet Mtn Dew are some of my all time favourite Lana songs and were all next to eachother aswell which is strange and would be cool if they were higher up. And don't get me started on Come When You Call Me America not appearing. :ohreally:

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

What kind of impression :mariah:

Did people say the same for Dynamite or Back to tha Basics?

Mo, we're allowed to like and dislike things, and there's not always some ulterior motive like hyperbole and language as a whole. I'm only emphasizing this because I did list Lucky Ones as my least favorite and I did put Noir in the top 5 and those are genuine opinions that I feel you're trying to diminish. So what if Noir got into my mind in a big way.

It wasn’t my intention to press this any further, but i would like to give you a response.

I’m not picking on you or singling you out. I get easily frustrated when i see language lose its meaning. It makes me feel hopeless, for what are we without language? In this case--a fun little poll on a fan forum--this concern is insignificant. But it is a reminder of the cases that hold more weight. It’s hard for me to separate these things because everything is connected and is a reflection of something else. It's like a mirror maze in a funhouse.

Anyway, i believe citing something as a “favorite” after having lived with it for a mere two weeks goes against the very nature of the concept. How could something be a favorite if it hasn’t withstood any time and had an opportunity to transcend novelty? Of course, if we were to say, as an example, “What is your favorite of the four songs that leaked tonight?” that holds a very different meaning. I’m not trying to take away the impact that a song has had on you in a short period of time or doubting your sincerity (here at least, see below for a different story :P )--that would be senseless of me. I’m just questioning the way we frame these things, and calling attention to a mentality that i think devalues the meaning of the word at hand.

The Lucky Ones thing is another topic entirely. I have no problem with people disliking that song or any other song for that matter (why would i?) I just suspect it’s become a thing in this community to bash Lucky Ones in an exaggerated way. Do you genuinely think that Lucky Ones is the nadir of her entire catalogue? Of every last song and demo we’ve heard from her, that is the absolute worst? Come on, Chance, are you for real or is that just affectation? And Every Man Has His Wish is in your TOP THREE? I mean, that’s totally bonkers to me. But that’s fine, tastes are one of the most inexplicable things in life, i accept that. I just don’t entirely buy that the Lucky Ones criticism as a whole is completely genuine. It seems to have taken on a life of its own. Honestly, i think because in the still early days it had the inevitable misfortune of being measured against the rest of Born to Die (the big “debut”), and it was given the bonus track stigma. And, sure, this poll would refute that idea because it’s pitting every single song against each other, but i think long before this, it was set in motion that Lucky Ones was an utter abomination and it has since solidified as this conventional, kind of empty idea that just gets repeated over and over. Don’t get me wrong, i’m not doubting that you and others don’t like it; i just have a hard time believing it is hated to such a degree.

Gosh, i don’t mean to kill the fun of this poll/thread, really.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein