Sign in to follow this  
barttttender

New (bad) vocal mix on Don't Call Me Angel?

Hi. I was listening to DCMA on iTunes and noticed Lana's vocals are a lot worse than before.

The mixing on her section is weird now and her vocal delivery a bit breathy and not as smooth as before. She seems to run out of breath on "county line." It's almost like a lessor take was put in the place of the original one. I immediately compared it to the video version and the difference is definitely there. The video version has more backing vocals and harmonies.

It almost like someone re-edited the song to make Lana sound like a lessor singer.

Can someone please check? Or am I tripping?

Probably a spatial audio remaster gone wrong; I see the song is on Apple's playlist for that feature

It happened a couple times with Lady Gaga too. Namely, her song "Aura" used the demo vocal takes when it was initially updated

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

On 5/20/2023 at 5:56 AM, Surf Noir said:

i hate being reminded that this song exists

Same. The other day I was making a playlist of songs that make me feel pretty, so naturally there was a lot of Lana and Ari on there. DCMA was a constant recommended song for the playlist and I got SO mad. 

On 5/19/2023 at 1:51 PM, FkaIl said:

Probably a spatial audio remaster gone wrong; I see the song is on Apple's playlist for that feature

It happened a couple times with Lady Gaga too. Namely, her song "Aura" used the demo vocal takes when it was initially updated

Jesus Christ. But why Lana's past? And why remaster a song that's been out for years??

Honestly, I can't believe her luck sometimes. Could this be Ariana's revenge for Lana's post about being judged when she does something slutty unlike Ari and co?

21 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

why would anyone listen to this :toofloppy:

Because it's a good gym track?

Honestly, I don't like super slow music, and I always go back to Lana's more upbeat stuff.