the waves at the end of Get free 

birds in Is this happiness

cicadas in God knows I tried

the 'forever forever' or something between white hot forever in TJF

that noise in the last chour of West Coast

that 'wow' sound in Cruel world

I love the man moaning in UV after 'comprende mis white lines'

I love that sound at the very beginning of Diet mountain dew demo

I really adore the fireworks in national anthem and the children sound in bel air too 😭

wow thank you for this thread because it seems so simple yet makes me happy

also the high pitched lalala in x vb part of taco truck is so good

the cat coughing up a hairball in fishtail 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Now that you mention it, during the beginning of Money Power Glory there's a sound that, when I first heard it, sounds kinda like somebody flipping through or shuffling a deck of playing cards. On second thought, taking into account the title of the song, it could be the sound of a stack of money being flipped through or shuffled. Incidentally, I noticed a couple of interesting things in the Candy Necklace music video. At about 2:37 L.D.R. makes a curious gesture with her left hand which, ostensibly, appears to merely be her adjusting her necklace -- she adjusts the necklace moving it from left to right. Now, this would be nothing if not for the fact that we have a precedent for this type of gesture in the Born to Die music video at about 3:02 where she uses her right hand, this time, to make a "throat-slit" gesture across her neck from ear to ear, left to right. Returning to the Candy Necklace music video, at about 3:38 we are shown the outside of a certain building which appears to be a hotel, or perhaps an apartment building. Strangely, the word "Heater" is displayed along the side of the building. At first I thought that, perhaps, the word was really "Theater" and the letter "T" was just out of frame, but, the building does not appear to be a theater. And I recalled that in old black and white Hollywood noir movies of the mid-20th century, "Heater" is a slang term for a pistol. I make no claim to have any kind of definitive interpretation of L.D.R.'s art, other than a perception in her art, at times, of a sense of gloom and preoccupation with death, and its this spooky side to L.D.R. that is one of the things that draws me to her art.

[358]