zabuzalana

Sirens - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Sirens  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs from Sirens?

• Drive By
    • Next to Me
    • A Star for Nick
    • My Momma
    • Bad Disease
    • Out with a Bang
    • Dear Elliot (Westbound)
    • Try Tonight
    • Peace
    • How Do You Know Me So Well? (I'm Indebted to You)
    • Pretty Baby
    • Aviation
    • Move (Find My Own Way)
    • Junky Pride
    • Birds of a Feather

A Star For Nick, Pretty Baby and Bad Disease knowing they're the best songs on Sirens 

imageproxy.jpg

13 minutes ago, saith said:

The way this topic is named post-release discussion when the album hasn't been released is beautifuly weird. :bebe:

Perhaps we should open the Sirens Pre-Pre-Release Discussion Thread

:thumb3::thumb3::thumb3::thumb3:

5 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

PLEASE SHARE IT IN 320KBPS/WHATEVER QUALITY IT'S IN :hdu:

i’m trying to find a way to break some bad news to the whole fan base….. wavs of this album don’t exist. The ones on the CD are upscaled to wav to go onto the CD. i believe when she made these demos they were exported/bounced in mp3 quality. they look very similar on spec and sound the same. sorry guys :( 

giphy.gif

Just now, bigspender said:

i’m trying to find a way to break some bad news to the whole fan base….. wavs of this album don’t exist. The ones on the CD are upscaled to wav to go onto the CD. i believe when she made these demos they were exported/bounced in mp3 quality. they look very similar on spec and sound the same. sorry guys :( 

aww, that's okay, it's still really amazing that you have the cd <3

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

10 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

aww, that's okay, it's still really amazing that you have the cd <3

yesss, I was able to get it from a friend of a friend that used to live in PA but took frequent trips to NY. Very blessed to have this:)

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, meth daytona said:

Find My Own Way is the best song from Sirens... why is it last in the poll. 

1 wrong, 2 it's tied with two other songs  

3 hours ago, bigspender said:

Are they at least 320kbps? We have some songs in 128kbps or there's the full album in fan remastered/upscaled 320kbps form :noparty:

On 10/17/2021 at 1:57 PM, Super Movie said:

A Star For Nick, Pretty Baby and Bad Disease knowing they're the best songs on Sirens 

This post is a year old but I'd just like to say that I still stand by this  :true: I'm willing to swap out Pretty Baby with Peace though

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

leak for charlie & of a :true:

the long lost sirens outtakes

don't forget river road if by chance it actually isn't next to me

(i actually just read somewhere here from a very early thread that for charlie was 2:30 in length which would mean that it isn't for you, but a different song)

my current ranking (top 8 was rly hard bc in my mind they are equal rank 1-2):

1. out with a bang
  2. try tonight
  3. pretty baby
  4. next to me
  5. aviation
  6. a star for nick
  7. find my way
  8. peace
  9. my momma
  10. dear elliot
  11. bad disease
  12. i'm indebted to you
  13. drive by
  14. junky pride
  15. birds of a feather giphy.gif

mUENGN9.png

ive been wondering what sirens // the may jailer era truly was ? ive seen a lot about lizzie, but not much about may. i haven’t been able to listen to the full album unfortunately since i cant find where to listen (if anyone knows where to i can find it lmk), but i have listened to a few tracks like “For K, Pt 1”, “Bad  Disease”, and “A star for nick”. If anyone’s got any information on May please respond !! would love to learn more about her !!

i feel like most fans would agree that the may jailer era took place in 2005 and 2006, there are three projects from that era, young like me, an EP which was registered in april, 2005, from the end, an EP which was registered in december, 2005, and sirens, an album which i believe was probably compiled in early 2006, there's not a whole lot which is known about the may jailer era, but we do know that this is an actual stage-name that lana used at the time, there's a photo of the actual CD with a hand-written note by lana which she signed as "may jailer"

there has been quite a bit of discussion about this era in the past few years as there has been more users (including me lol) who are big fans and are fascinated by her earlier music

you can listen to all three of those aforementioned projects using this masterpost created by @That Venice Bitch

https://thatvenicebitch.wixsite.com/missdaytona

i would recommend exploring the website for learning more about that particular period of time, i would recommend the early shows section, since it'll give insight into the transition from may jailer to lizzy grant, you could also look back at old threads that may pertain to the may jailer era

also, if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask! i kinda know my stuff about the pre-fame days of lana's career so i will either know the answer or will share my speculations based on what i already know :)