zabuzalana

Sirens - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Sirens  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs from Sirens?

• Drive By
    • Next to Me
    • A Star for Nick
    • My Momma
    • Bad Disease
    • Out with a Bang
    • Dear Elliot (Westbound)
    • Try Tonight
    • Peace
    • How Do You Know Me So Well? (I'm Indebted to You)
    • Pretty Baby
    • Aviation
    • Move (Find My Own Way)
    • Junky Pride
    • Birds of a Feather

42 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

@Surf Noir and @lizzyology are our resident May Jailer/Lizzy Grant experts!

I actually think HeadBitch, Surf Noir, and Be Free are more knowledgeable on this part of her life, rather than me lol.

But for me personally, I don’t think of those years as an era (2005-2006). Artistically, she went by May Jailer, but for people in her personal life, literally no one called her that & she went by Lizzy Grant still. I want to say that she was in her 1st/ 2nd year of college at Fordham then and was just diving into the NY music scene, attending and singing at events held by her Prof. Mark Naison + places around her campus. I also think she started dating Mikey Martin from Shiny Toy Guns in early/ mid 2006 & made friends with Kim Garrison (another NY musician) through him. 

AKA & in short, she was college oriented and was just starting to focus her attention onto a future career in music. 

*We also have no dated photos of LDR from 2005 (besides a few with just the year attached/ guessed - or one possibly on December 31st, 2005). However, there are confirmed videos from that time, that still have not & likely will not leak anytime soon rip. 

lPqTY1H.jpg

woah… out of all parts of Lana’s life I’m so fucking invested in 2004-5 Alabama/may era. So fascinating. what truly happened there? if anybody is to film a documentary i definitely would be very fixated on this segment of her life truly. this is speculation purely but what i think happened there- my two coins is that

Lana went to Alabama maybe to live with her boyfriend (who i think was older than her?) and the man asked her to marry her (i talk to jesus / guns and roses / thanks to the locals poem) but Lanz declined. they also maybe like to go back between alabama and cali. she also went to AA meetings around this time frame. the relationship eventually grew tense after it then she decided to leave as to pursue a career in music (west coast/pawn shop blues). what i’ve thought about for the last two weeks of this part of her life…

3 hours ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

woah… out of all parts of Lana’s life I’m so fucking invested in 2004-5 Alabama/may era. So fascinating. what truly happened there? if anybody is to film a documentary i definitely would be very fixated on this segment of her life truly. this is speculation purely but what i think happened there- my two coins is that

Lana went to Alabama maybe to live with her boyfriend (who i think was older than her?) and the man asked her to marry her (i talk to jesus / guns and roses / thanks to the locals poem) but Lanz declined. they also maybe like to go back between alabama and cali. she also went to AA meetings around this time frame. the relationship eventually grew tense after it then she decided to leave as to pursue a career in music (west coast/pawn shop blues). what i’ve thought about for the last two weeks of this part of her life…

i would love to know more about the 2004-2006 period of time of her life/music career as well, it's still pretty mysterious and we still don't know much about it, and i don't believe lana has ever mentioned sirens or any 2005/2006 songs besides pawn shop blues (even though the final version is from 2008) it would be fascinating to know more about some of the sirens tracks, i can't imagine that lana completely forgot about them or just simply wouldn't want to talk about them, but she was only 20/21 when she recorded sirens, so maybe something from when she was so young just doesn't feel relevant at all to her? but the sirens songs are so good :icant: i really hope we get more material from her may jailer days, imagine if we got a song from 2004, since she was already playing the guitar when she was 18, which would've been 2003, i wouldn't be surprised if she recorded a lot more material during that time, but i also can't imagine it's likely that people out there have pre-2007 material, it just feels especially elusive and we're lucky to have sirens, young like me, and from the end honestly

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

2 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

What are some entry songs to this era to listen to?

personally i would just listen to the songs/projects in order, some of the songs off of young like me and from the end ended up on sirens, so i would just listen to the songs exclusive to those EPs first

young like me

1. blizzard

2. you, mister

3. there's nothing to be sorry about

4. more mountains

5. in wendy

from the end

1. for you

2. wait

and then i'd listen though the sirens album

they all can be found on @That Venice Bitch's masterpost under "pre-ldr/covers" https://thatvenicebitch.wixsite.com/missdaytona

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

I love Sirens and I love to discuss about it but I think that mods should merge this thread with Sirens Post Release Thread? Or the Pre-Fame Creative Process Discussion Thread?

url%5D

7 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

personally i would just listen to the songs/projects in order, some of the songs off of young like me and from the end ended up on sirens, so i would just listen to the songs exclusive to those EPs first

young like me

1. blizzard

2. you, mister

3. there's nothing to be sorry about

4. more mountains

5. in wendy

from the end

1. for you

2. wait

and then i'd listen though the sirens album

they all can be found on @That Venice Bitch's masterpost under "pre-ldr/covers" https://thatvenicebitch.wixsite.com/missdaytona

a star for nick is from 2003 though right?

6 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

a star for nick is from 2003 though right?

no, if you're referring to the fact that lana claimed she was 17 when she wrote it, i highly doubt that's true, she also claimed to have written axl rose husband when she was 16 which is definitely not true, it seems most likely that she wrote it between december 2005 - may 2006 (it first appeared on myspace in may 2006, so the sirens album itself could've been fully completed in that timeframe as well)

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

no, if you're referring to the fact that lana claimed she was 17 when she wrote it, i highly doubt that's true, she also claimed to have written axl rose husband when she was 16 which is definitely not true, it seems most likely that she wrote it between december 2005 - may 2006 (it first appeared on myspace in may 2006, so the sirens album itself could've been fully completed in that timeframe as well)

writing it makes sense to me actually- but recording? yeah no

4 minutes ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Just had to revive this to say this album is so fucking special and makes me feel indescribable emotions 

I was literally listening to it yesterday and remembered how fucking good that album is. I hope she releases it as well

24 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

I was literally listening to it yesterday and remembered how fucking good that album is. I hope she releases it as well

Same! I love revisiting it after awhile and falling back in love. It’s so personal and genuine. That would be incredible if she released it, her voice and an acoustic guitar are a match made in heaven :wub: I wonder if she ever thinks of these songs 

Just now, Honeytrails said:

I need to know whoever saw that abercrombie photoshoot and said, yes! that’s sirens cover

That's fanmade tho

url%5D

2 minutes ago, Honeytrails said:

that’s my point lol its so random and everyone just went with it

Probably because of the soft eerie vibes :legend:

url%5D