TheParadiseEdition

Did you know about Lana when she was Lizzy Grant?

Let me tell you something about Lizzy Grant. We were best friends in middle school. I know, right? It's so embarrassing. I don't even... Whatever. So then in eighth grade, I started going out with my first boyfriend K who was totally gorgeous but then he moved to Indiana, and Lizzy was like, weirdly jealous of him. Like, if I would blow her off to hang out with K, she'd be like, "Why didn't you call me back?" And I'd be like, "Why are you so obsessed with me?" So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-girls pool party, I was like, "Lizzy, I can't invite you, because I think you're lesbian." I mean I couldn't have a lesbian at my party. There were gonna be girls there in their *bathing suits*. I mean, right? She was a LESBIAN. So then her mom called my mom and started yelling at her, it was so retarded. And then she dropped out of school because no one would talk to her, and she came back in the fall for high school, all of her hair was cut off and she was totally weird, and now I guess she's on crack  :creepna:

no but srsly, I heard about Lana Jan/Feb 2012 :P 

Oh my god!   :omfg2: 

A friend sent me Video Games in July 2011 but I didn't really pay attention till I saw her video for it. I knew then that I was in love, seeing as I'd never seen any other artist make references to things I literally grew up on and capture the essence of my childhood so well.

tumblr_mjtygmUvm11rtm6dso1_500.png

Let me tell you something about Lizzy Grant. We were best friends in middle school. I know, right? It's so embarrassing. I don't even... Whatever. So then in eighth grade, I started going out with my first boyfriend K who was totally gorgeous but then he moved to Indiana, and Lizzy was like, weirdly jealous of him. Like, if I would blow her off to hang out with K, she'd be like, "Why didn't you call me back?" And I'd be like, "Why are you so obsessed with me?" So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-girls pool party, I was like, "Lizzy, I can't invite you, because I think you're lesbian." I mean I couldn't have a lesbian at my party. There were gonna be girls there in their *bathing suits*. I mean, right? She was a LESBIAN. So then her mom called my mom and started yelling at her, it was so retarded. And then she dropped out of school because no one would talk to her, and she came back in the fall for high school, all of her hair was cut off and she was totally weird, and now I guess she's on crack  :creepna:

no but srsly, I heard about Lana Jan/Feb 2012 :P 

& I love you. 

VyIsfwC.jpg

I discovered her in September or August 2011 . Still kind of early , no one of my friends knew her . And now everybody loves her . I mean everybody I met at a party or whatever. Its crazy how fast she became that famous. 

I used to remember the good old days where I only had 5 LDR/Lizzie Songs . I just waited for BTD.

Oh , that nostalgic feeling . I am feeling it right now  :bliss: You know sonically and visually. 

1 hour ago, Kandidate said:

2006/2007. She followed me on myspace as sparklejumpropequeen, still does :)

that's so cool!! you were there living HISTORY

have you ever had a chat with her or you only followed each other without much interaction??

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

that's so cool!! you were there living HISTORY

have you ever had a chat with her or you only followed each other without much interaction??

I believe we spoke a couple of times, can't exactly remember what it was about as it was so long ago/didn't know i'd end up stanning her so hard :) I was in a punk-ish band at the time and didn't really appreciate her music at the time..... I sure regret that. I love the May Jailer stuff :)

17 minutes ago, Kandidate said:

I believe we spoke a couple of times, can't exactly remember what it was about as it was so long ago/didn't know i'd end up stanning her so hard :) I was in a punk-ish band at the time and didn't really appreciate her music at the time..... I sure regret that. I love the May Jailer stuff :)

ugh I'd feel bad about it too but still, you're the only person I saw that met her from myspace times! that's special

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

11 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

ugh I'd feel bad about it too but still, you're the only person I saw that met her from myspace times! that's special

If you are open minded about singing voices and can understand the lyrics, this song kind of sums the experience up :) 

59 minutes ago, Kandidate said:

So what songs do you remember being on her accounts? Also did you ever go to any of her shows?

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

5 minutes ago, Bones Are Blue said:

So what songs do you remember being on her accounts? Also did you ever go to any of her shows?

I remember "For Charlie" and "For K". There were 1 or 2 others at the time. And then "Axl Rose Husband" and "Blue Ribbon". She didn't perform in the UK until 2010 (or around then) I believe so I didn't get to goto her shows. 

this thread is so cool omg. i sound very stupid but, because i’d never actually known of anyone who knew her before video games i thought it was some myth or urban legend :facepalm: it’s crazy people actually had experiences with her, and listened to aka when it was released etc! 

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

2 hours ago, Kandidate said:

I remember "For Charlie" and "For K". There were 1 or 2 others at the time. And then "Axl Rose Husband" and "Blue Ribbon". She didn't perform in the UK until 2010 (or around then) I believe so I didn't get to goto her shows. 

Omg sorry for all the questions but do remember anything about For Charlie? :defeated:that song isn't online at all anymore. It was speculated to be this song "For You" from Sirens but that's unconfirmed I think

And by For K, do you mean pt 1 or pt 2?

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

1 hour ago, Bones Are Blue said:

Omg sorry for all the questions but do remember anything about For Charlie? :defeated:that song isn't online at all anymore. It was speculated to be this song "For You" from Sirens but that's unconfirmed I think

And by For K, do you mean pt 1 or pt 2?

i second this :defeated:

WGe8ynS.gif

I've known about Lana since 2012, but I love hearing stories from people her knew her from 2010 and earlier. There's that one radio show that used to play her music during the early days that I listen to every once in a while. I just think it's interesting that there's so many people out there that can say they "knew her when" lol 

Also leak For Charlie or confirm it's For You :kiss:

imageproxy.jpg