Viva

Do you think that Lana was really mistreated by US critics or she is exaggerating and valuing the critics for some other reason?

Nothing, because a few websites would post it and if she's lucky a couple of printed publications. Face the truth, the world is certainly not as interested in her as many may think. Also, she's far from being the superstar she is sometimes made up to be.

So true. I would also say that the world is also not interested in US critics.

glgcDdT.gif

So i just came across an amusing quote. It comes from, get this...criticism of a book on music criticism  :ohno:

Apparently the sole issue that the critic critiquing this 1946 book on music criticism has is that the author is too polite. 

And the quote: "No subject in the world deserves more rudeness than music criticism." 

:isee:

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

The US media is worse than UK media sometimes. It surprises me how the UK (& Europe) have embraced her - given her "another chance"-  if you will, after SNL but the US critics and media aren't. It's odd to me since I didn't think that was the kind of attitude there. It's usually the UK media that tears people down like that. :pft:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

After all Lana is a grown-up girl...so she must be able to deal with critics...

Not everyone is thick-skinned.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.