Baby V Alex

Lana Del Rey Resources, Tutorials & More!

rCKXtnb.png

NEW LANA DEL REY "VINTAGE" LOGO (based on new font)

SQmy0Ve.png

LUST FOR LIFE LOGO

Can someone make and upload a white version of the red "lana del rey" and "lust for life" logo

i dont have photoshop

Has anyone ever been able to crack Foundry Wilson Italic instead of buying it? I'm currently working on a way to get it without paying (pls don't judge me I'm literally preparing a typography master degree) but I still quit can't. I've tried every method I knew so far, I feel like I'm close but not quite yet. If rly rly rly I can't manage to get it I'll buy it but spending 60$ on a font just to use it on BTD and Para concepts isn't quite one of my priorities

Edit: if I buy it I'll try to find a way to give it for free, but I really want to see if I can crack it first. I can always vectorize individual letters screenshots but first of all it's not going to be perfect which annoys me and second the time-consuming process of putting everything on my type software is imho more costly than just buying the font. 

ZKcaooE.png

Has anyone ever been able to crack Foundry Wilson Italic instead of buying it? I'm currently working on a way to get it without paying (pls don't judge me I'm literally preparing a typography master degree) but I still quit can't. I've tried every method I knew so far, I feel like I'm close but not quite yet. If rly rly rly I can't manage to get it I'll buy it but spending 60$ on a font just to use it on BTD and Para concepts isn't quite one of my priorities

the lust for life font? I'm pretty sure it is not Foundry Wilson at all 

image.png

the lust for life font? I'm pretty sure it is not Foundry Wilson at all 

I'm talking about the credits font for BTD and Paradise, thanks to the StudioBOWDEN link you shared I don't remember when (and idk how tf you found it but thank you so much, never heard of it before idk how) I used WhatTheFont on it and they identified it as Foundry Wilson, which I would guess is correct because of the T and J, see:

This is Foundry Wilson Italic:

swzfg.png

And this is Caslon Italic, which they use on her official website, and which has a different T:

byhjr.png

This is the Born To Die back (idk which version but why would they use a different font if it's an official version) where the T is visible :

Nume%25CC%2581riser+copie.jpeg

And the Paradise back, where the T is also visible:

71I23cGSSGL._SL1212_.jpg

Which would make your guess, and mine, correct, since this is the back of Lust For Life, which does not have this particular T, proving it's not Foundry Wilson Italic (and I highly doubt it's an alternate glyph; highest quality I could find sorry), but actually Adobe Caslon Pro Bold Italic, which I own legally if anyone wants it, can't remember if it's widely available or not:

119019808-2.jpg

dfsyc.png

Of course all of this is assuming that the font StudioBOWDEN used on their presentation of their work on BTD is the same font as in the BTD and Para back. But I believe it is. Another hint the BTD font isn't Caslon Italic since there is no T on the BTD back, is the ampersand, which is meatier and clearly more similar to Wilson than Caslon, too tired to link pics but I think you get my point haha, I apologise if you knew all of this already.

But back to what I was saying all of this to say I find it extremely hard to find Foundry Wilson Italic so any help is appreciated. Gonna try again

Edit: btw this isn't to belittle you at all I just fucking love typography and thought the comparison would be interesting

ZKcaooE.png

OMG I'm gonna kms. I've been looking for over 4h tweaking with the codes and stuff and I was starting to go insane, I decide to change my strategy and go back to the one I usually use and find it in 0.3s. All because I didn't use the proper terminology. 

So here's a dl link to the Born To Die / Paradise credits font. The correct one is Italic but I added the others I found cuz I worked too hard for it. Enjoy and make amazing concepts with it please this shit cost me hours of my fckn life  :facepalm:  And still I'm not 1000% certain it's the correct weight but you know what WHATEVER

ZKcaooE.png

Something I hate about the "vintage" Lana Del Rey logo and the Lust For Life logo itself is that the cursive Ls are ever so slightly different. You can really see it on the loop, because the weight is different so the stroke is thicker and the negative space smaller.  :toofunny:

I'm monomaniac af and I want to remake the logo from the original fonts for practice and because I can't stand psychologically to use a logo that's not official but after looking for HOURS on end I can't find the freaking fonts. I'm starting to think they're custom versions of Garamond and Caslon. I'm gonna email the designer but I don't have much hope urgh. So after looking for fonts didn't work I found a UHQ version of the LFL cover on the agency site and tried to clean and vectorize it but it still wasn't clean and it was starting to piss me off a lot, so then I had another idea: instead of trying to vectorize a picture why not try to directly find a vector? And I was thinking how pdfs are layered so if you open them in AI... There would be a chance that the logo would be vecto and not png... And I found a pdf booklet!!! My only issue is that I don't know if the booklet is 10000% official, but if it is, then the logo is COMPLETELY SURE the official one. And if it's not, then I compared it in depth and Jesus God it's DAMN similar. If anyone could confirm the LFL booklets we have come from an official place I would be v grateful please!

So all of this to say I made an organized vector file w white, black, LFL red and NFR green versions. Enjoy :heart:

ZKcaooE.png

Since there wasn't already, Ultraviolence credits font, Brown Regular, and booklet font, Trixie Plain (slight chance it's actually Trixie Pro Heavy but I believe it's Plain, dk if there's a real difference)

Please can a mod update the OP with all the new info so it's clean and organised? :) @@Elle @@PARADIXO @@Hundred Dollar Bill @@evilentity

Do we miss any font though now? If anyone needs anything I'll do my best

ZKcaooE.png

Since there wasn't already, Ultraviolence credits font, Brown Regular, and booklet font, Trixie Plain (slight chance it's actually Trixie Pro Heavy but I believe it's Plain, dk if there's a real difference)

Please can a mod update the OP with all the new info so it's clean and organised? :) @@Elle @@PARADIXO @@Hundred Dollar Bill @@evilentity

Do we miss any font though now? If anyone needs anything I'll do my best

done!