Guest Zephyr

Madonna

18 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

I never did listen to Madame X though… what was the overall reception / vibe of that album??? Confessions remains my fave Madonna album & I actually enjoyed MDNA & Rebel Heart (though I prefer most of the demos to the final versions of RH)… does Madame X follow that sound ?? 

It's like a more experimental Rebel Heart mixed with American Life + lots of autotune (a choice) + African, Latin, Portuguese and Oriental musical influences. MDM X was very well received, I personally enjoyed it, even with its flaws (not so good tracklist, some fillers, extreme autotune - which worked for Music and American Life, but doesn't sound good on this one -, some too on the nose lyrics, some out of place ultra commercial trend follower songs and some messy experiments). You should give it a try. My favorite songs from the record are: God Control, Come Alive, Extreme Occident, Faz Gostoso, I Don't Search I Find, Looking for Mercy and Ciao Bella (Super Deluxe track)

The Madame X tour film is out now! On Paramount+ nnn.

Fortunately, those of us in Europe/UK can also watch it on TV Now, which you can try for free for seven days!

Of course, there's also an audio version out on all streaming platforms.

ab67616d0000b2735a6ef83d7084b0d93fec0781

Frozen is fucking gorgeous.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

On 8/18/2021 at 12:18 AM, YourGirl666 said:

It's like a more experimental Rebel Heart mixed with American Life + lots of autotune (a choice) + African, Latin, Portuguese and Oriental musical influences. MDM X was very well received, I personally enjoyed it, even with its flaws (not so good tracklist, some fillers, extreme autotune - which worked for Music and American Life, but doesn't sound good on this one -, some too on the nose lyrics, some out of place ultra commercial trend follower songs and some messy experiments). You should give it a try. My favorite songs from the record are: God Control, Come Alive, Extreme Occident, Faz Gostoso, I Don't Search I Find, Looking for Mercy and Ciao Bella (Super Deluxe track)

No offense but Madame X is awful. Actually, the autotune is what ruined the album. I barely could listen the first chorus. I absolutely love the aesthetic, her style was everything people claim a that ages a woman but she can still pull it off. If Madonna couldn't sing anymore it's okay, just retire already. The way she tries to hard to be shocking is embarrassing. The only reason people care about her staged flashing at Jimmy Kimmel's is that it's coming from an soon to be an elderly woman. People defend the criticism calling it ageist but there's a difference between having youthful energy and acting immature trying to convince people you're still a wildchild. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

29 minutes ago, shady said:

No offense but Madame X is awful. Actually, the autotune is what ruined the album. I barely could listen the first chorus. I absolutely love the aesthetic, her style was everything people claim a that ages a woman but she can still pull it off. If Madonna couldn't sing anymore it's okay, just retire already. The way she tries to hard to be shocking is embarrassing. The only reason people care about her staged flashing at Jimmy Kimmel's is that it's coming from an soon to be an elderly woman. People defend the criticism calling it ageist but there's a difference between having youthful energy and acting immature trying to convince people you're still a wildchild. 

Agreed, awful album really…she lacks maturity and isn’t ageing with grace.  I watched Jimmy Kimmel and was repulsed. What’s worse is It’s tarnishing her legacy with these desperate antics. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

26 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Agreed, awful album really…she lacks maturity and isn’t ageing with grace.  I watched Jimmy Kimmel and was repulsed. What’s worse is It’s tarnishing her legacy with these desperate antics. 

Awful? You can’t describe an album with Medellin, crave, crazy, come alive, idsif and looking for mercy as awful. :wtfney:

IMG-3521.jpg

2 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Awful? You can’t describe an album with Medellin, crave, crazy, come alive, idsif and looking for mercy as awful. :wtfney:

Medellin isn’t bad but the rest auto tune is awful.  How can you stand her terrible vocals ? 

Just now, athena said:

madame x is top 5 in her discography honestly. such a great album idgaf. :pout:

:read: absolutely not don’t joke like that

On 10/15/2021 at 8:17 PM, ChaoticLipster said:

shut the fuck up you misogynistic cunt

mod note: user was warned for this post

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

59 minutes ago, HEARTCORE said:

shut the fuck up you misogynistic cunt

It’s not Misogyny wtf….it’s her desperation, and lack of maturity. It has nothing to do with her being a women.  

My problem with Madame X is it's too all over the place and excessively autotuned dddd. Without that terrible Autotune over them, Crazy, Come Alive, Batuka, Back That Up to the Beat, Extreme Occident, Dark Ballet (this one has a terrible bridge) and God Control could've been way better. I Rise, Crave and Future are my favourites and maybe the only ones I like just the way they are. Medellín and Bitch I'm Loca shouldn't have never existed.

And then some lyrics are too on the nose that actually are not it. Killers Who Are Partying.

And I'm not a fan of mixing languages in the songs, but well.

After its release I haven't really revisited it too frequently but my opinion hasn't changed. I wonder if it's her last album.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

7 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

It’s not Misogyny wtf….it’s her desperation, and lack of maturity. It has nothing to do with her being a women.  

Like people seriously use that word whenever someone calls out Madonna. Can we agree for once that sometimes women can be embarrassing, or people in general? With age comes maturity, that's why we aren't interested in the same things like in elementary school and don't act like 12 year olds. 

The younger version are Megan Fox and Courtney and how they suddenly became "rockstar" girlfriends in their 30s but showed no interest before. That lesbian baiting photoshoot was soo 2000s and the fake frenching is early high school shit. 

Celebs like Jlo, in my opinion, are an example of an older woman having youthful energy. I haven't met a single person say that her behavior and outfits are inappropriate for her age. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

14 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

please tell me how a woman is supposed to age since you seem to know so much about that subject... ********* like you have been telling her to 'mature' since she was 30 and singing about sex. you would never tell a man who is talking about sex to 'grow up' or 'be more mature'.

7 hours ago, shady said:

Like people seriously use that word whenever someone calls out Madonna. Can we agree for once that sometimes women can be embarrassing, or people in general? With age comes maturity, that's why we aren't interested in the same things like in elementary school and don't act like 12 year olds. 

The younger version are Megan Fox and Courtney and how they suddenly became "rockstar" girlfriends in their 30s but showed no interest before. That lesbian baiting photoshoot was soo 2000s and the fake frenching is early high school shit. 

Celebs like Jlo, in my opinion, are an example of an older woman having youthful energy. I haven't met a single person say that her behavior and outfits are inappropriate for her age. 

JAJSCKJSCASC the J-Lo comparison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! girl bye you are ********

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

4 hours ago, HEARTCORE said:

please tell me how a woman is supposed to age since you seem to know so much about that subject... ********* like you have been telling her to 'mature' since she was 30 and singing about sex. you would never tell a man who is talking about sex to 'grow up' or 'be more mature'.

JAJSCKJSCASC the J-Lo comparison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! girl bye you are ********

I expect her not to be dancing on a pole and flashing her pussy every chance she gets. It’s not cool or sexy, it’s just desperate and shows she hasn’t matured mentally.  She’s an elderly women and it isn’t flattering at all, I think people should age with grace and dignity not pretend they are 18…we have to embrace old age not push against it.  I’d say the same for any male artist, artists like Elton John they’ve aged gracefully and have maturity…he isn’t going around in a thong flashing his bulge.  I think it sets a bad example for women that ageing isn’t acceptable, also the way she has had so much fillers and cosmetics to try and look young is grotesque this is a bad example for young women. She should build a bridge and embrace the wrinkle’s and grey hair and set an example that it’s ok to age.  

12 hours ago, shady said:

No but you saying this woman is good cause acts like this and this woman is bad cause she acts like this is misogynistic.