Guest Zephyr

Madonna

5 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Lmao, I kinda like these 2 songs (far from being my favorites tho), they're pretty campy and so bad it's good type of cringe. What I like about IB is that it's not a serious album, even though it has some sad moments like SoL or StR. It mostly feels like a parody of an old b&m movie with all the references to being a blonde skinny rich bitch + vintage cinematic jazz sound. 

I also prefer jewel cases, but I feel like it would be pretty difficult for a beginner like me to design, choose the right materials and make all of it (front, back, sides, cd sticker...) and have a satisfying result. I'll try it at some point tho.

its not too hard tbh you just need the right dimensions and materials :illumarina:

5 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

I also prefer jewel cases, but I feel like it would be pretty difficult for a beginner like me to design, choose the right materials and make all of it (front, back, sides, cd sticker...) and have a satisfying result. I'll try it at some point tho.

it's really not that hard tbh

i'd start out with just the slim ones with the front insert especially because they're really cheap and you basically just put two same-sized squares together and then cut em out

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

On a completely unrelated note, I just realised this year is not only the tenth anniversary of Born To Die, but also of MDNA. I know it's not exactly her best album, but I feel like it gets way too much hate from the Little Madonsters. I wonder if M is going to do anything special, or if she's even going to... acknowledge it. :rip: It would be nice to at least get some of the alternative mixes onto streaming; the William Orbit one of Love Spent is one of my absolute favourites. A vinyl reissue would be great too, the original is going for way too much these days. 

And in case anyone's interested, here's my MDNA playlist that I usually use:

Girl Gone Wild 

Gang Bang 

I'm Addicted 

Celebration (Benny Benassi Remix)

Give Me All Your Luvin'

Some Girls 

I Don't Give A...

Revolver (David Guetta Remix)

Beautiful Killer

I'm A Sinner

Best Friend 

Love Spent 

Masterpiece 

Falling Free 

All killer, no filler. Sorry not sorry. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

36 minutes ago, The Siren said:

its not too hard tbh you just need the right dimensions and materials :illumarina:

34 minutes ago, the ocean said:

it's really not that hard tbh

i'd start out with just the slim ones with the front insert especially because they're really cheap and you basically just put two same-sized squares together and then cut em out

I just tried to make my first digipack... let's just say the result was I'm Going Bananas type of campy :crai:

16 minutes ago, the ocean said:

slipcases over jewel cases though :trisha:

omg :trisha:

especially if its different to the artwork or it has cutouts to peek at the artwork inside the jewel case :trisha:

like this album for example :trisha:

https://www.discogs.com/release/12613361-Dead-Letter-Circus-Dead-Letter-Circus

ill add my images of this album in a few

9 hours ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

On a completely unrelated note, I just realised this year is not only the tenth anniversary of Born To Die, but also of MDNA. I know it's not exactly her best album, but I feel like it gets way too much hate from the Little Madonsters. I wonder if M is going to do anything special, or if she's even going to... acknowledge it. :rip: It would be nice to at least get some of the alternative mixes onto streaming; the William Orbit one of Love Spent is one of my absolute favourites. A vinyl reissue would be great too, the original is going for way too much these days. 

Reveal hidden contents

Girl Gone Wild 

Gang Bang 

I'm Addicted 

Give Me All Your Luvin'

Some Girls 

I Don't Give A...

Beautiful Killer

I'm A Sinner

Best Friend 

Love Spent 

Masterpiece 

Falling Free 

I love “love spent” :party:

9 hours ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Reveal hidden contents

Girl Gone Wild 

Gang Bang 

I'm Addicted 

Give Me All Your Luvin'

Some Girls 

I Don't Give A...

Beautiful Killer

I'm A Sinner

Best Friend 

Love Spent 

Masterpiece 

Falling Free 

i love MDNA! not even close to being her best album but def way too overhated :oprah3: really fun record, it's a staple in my gym playlist! i'd even go as far as saying it's better than hard candy and rebel heart

but yeah there's no way she's going to acknowledge it lmao she doesn't even acknowledge her real good stuff 

1 minute ago, willfoshizzle said:

Imagine she remastered the rain tapes and put that on streaming :hooker:

Tbh, the Rain Tapes as a whole kinda suck. She should release only the best demos and all the outtakes + Erotic and Goodbye To Innocence and call it The Rain Tapes. Shame is a banger 

13 hours ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Reveal hidden contents

Girl Gone Wild 

Gang Bang 

I'm Addicted 

Give Me All Your Luvin'

Some Girls 

I Don't Give A...

Beautiful Killer

I'm A Sinner

Best Friend 

Love Spent 

Masterpiece 

Falling Free 

i'm a girl gone wild hater :bebe:

it's the sound of madonna ultimate trend hopping

it's a basic pop girl throwaway given to the literal queen of pop

the rest of the STANDARD album is ok though and they should've put the celebration tracks on the deluxe :makeup: :oprah3:

19 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Tbh, the Rain Tapes as a whole kinda suck. She should release only the best demos and all the outtakes + Erotic and Goodbye To Innocence and call it The Rain Tapes. Shame is a banger 

goodbye to innocence and the you thrill me demo of erotica are EXCELLENT

erotic is fine i think it's a bit bare bones for me but if there was an extended version combining it, erotica & the you thrill me demo i think i might just fall in love :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i'm a girl gone wild hater :bebe:

it's the sound of madonna ultimate trend hopping

it's a basic pop girl throwaway given to the literal queen of pop

the rest of the STANDARD album is ok though and they should've put the celebration tracks on the deluxe :makeup: :oprah3:

beautiful killer, i fucked up + best friend should of been on the standard 

23 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

i live for "dear father" & "you are the one" 

On 12/23/2021 at 11:29 PM, SlowGinFizzzz said:

I agree that she was more or less trend-hopping with Hard Candy, MDNA and Rebel Heart — but how was Madame X even remotely mainstream? Just because of Future and the Maluma collabs? I mean, come on: She brought back disco pop before everyone else did (God Control), Dark Ballet was more innovative than anything else in pop at the time (and lowkey still is), and I honestly can't think of anything released by a pop artist that is further away from mainstream than Extreme Occident, Killers Who Are Partying, or Ciao Bella.

On that album, she literally combined pop, trap, electro-pop, house, disco, fado, batuque, gumbé, Brazilian funk, elements from an Italian protest folk song and even PC Music influences, all the while singing in English, Spanish and Portuguese – and somehow it works. I don't think that's something that can be said about anyone else in pop. 

Of course, this still doesn't mean that everyone has to like it. I think Madame X is an album that can feel overwhelming or simply "too much" for some people, especially with some of the production choices and the use of autotune for effect (even more so than on American Life, which she also produced with Mirwais 15 years earlier). But if there's one Madonna album that I really wish people gave another try, it's definitely Madame X. 

Also, while we're at it: Madame X >>> MDNA > Rebel Heart > Hard Candy 

On another note, I'm super excited for 2022! Not only is she currently in the studio again and working on music with people such as Mike Dean, Swae Lee and Sickick, but we also have the Warner reissue campaign scheduled, and then there's of course the biopic. I think it's gonna be quite a year. 

Your taste is just impeccable. Love to see another Madame X stan. 

Standard MDNA is really good too, if you think of it as a product of it's time. 

Something that still makes me cackle is that OG Wash All Over Me is a dance track about letting the pain roll off of you in the metaphorical form of rain...and well, we all know what came out 5 years later in may 2020 :sass::bebe: