Guest Zephyr

Madonna

32 minutes ago, Mer said:

madonna_vogue_italia_august_2018_1.jpg

I'll always remember her like this. The new Madonna is a stranger to me--not the same person I grew watching my mother adore...

this was pretty much her new face already tho, i think she still looks like this in real life, just with really really puffed skin. the looks she posts on her instagram on the other hand… heavily deformed and borderline not human looking

6 hours ago, Mer said:

madonna_vogue_italia_august_2018_1.jpg

I'll always remember her like this. The new Madonna is a stranger to me--not the same person I grew watching my mother adore...

it’s the same person she just loves to photoshop her instagram photos

look at some of the madame x promo though - she’s still in there

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I blame society and our culture for the photoshop and things she does to her face. We don’t let people age, most of all women. I wish she didn’t feel the need to do so much but who am I? It’s not something I’m going to hold against her. 

famous faces far off places trinkets i can buy

no handsome stranger heady danger drug that i can try

NO FERRIS WHEEL NO HEART TO STEAL NO LAUGHTER IN THE DARK

NO ONE NIGHT STAND NO FAR OFF LAND NO FIRE I CAN SPARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

demi-lovato-singing.gif

21 minutes ago, the ocean said:

famous faces far off places trinkets i can buy

no handsome stranger heady danger drug that i can try

NO FERRIS WHEEL NO HEART TO STEAL NO LAUGHTER IN THE DARK

NO ONE NIGHT STAND NO FAR OFF LAND NO FIRE I CAN SPARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

demi-lovato-singing.gif

I think that’s the song when she went to record it her neighbors had been murdered that morning or something, Truly an amazing album!

IMG-3521.jpg

6 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

I think that’s the song when she went to record it her neighbors had been murdered that morning or something, Truly an amazing album!

no that was swim and it was gianni versace that was murdered

but both are still great songs

every song on that album is a masterpiece and even the demos/b-sides are excellent (except that substitute for love demo that can choke)

2 minutes ago, bff said:

american life & music are criminally underrated albums, both top 5 for me

i love american life :oprah:

i think music is a bit messy though - some of the songs are her best songs EVER but there's also a couple that are horribly awful newobowdy's perFECT i fEEL so SAD

44 minutes ago, the ocean said:

no that was swim and it was gianni versace that was murdered

I see Madonna's Swim and Lana's Swan Song so similar in terms of meaning. Both talks about leaving this world and starting a new life. On one hand they are hopeful, they talk about how we can begin a new life again. But if you look deep enough, they are dark and can actually be considered s*icidal.

"We can't carry these sins on our backwe're gonna carry this train off the track, we're gonna swim to the ocean floor, crash to the other shore"

"Let's leave the world for the ones who change everything...dive in, dive deep in dark blue suede..say good night to the life in the world we live, I'm going to follow you"

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

11 minutes ago, bff said:

american life & music are criminally underrated albums, both top 5 for me

American Life omg it definitely is one of her best albums it’s so unfair it doesn’t get the recognition that it deserves the lyrics and the music are just amazing but I believe the real and uncensored video for American life (the one with president George w. Bush and all the war scenes footage) is at least part of why everyone cancelled her back in the day i admire and I love her for being so controversial and chaotic her own way but that move was definitely not very smart from her I think

music is also one of my favorites & confessions on a dance floor, it’s what it was needed after American life for her to be repositioned and that’s what she did with coadf 

30 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i think music is a bit messy though - some of the songs are her best songs EVER but there's also a couple that are horribly awful newobowdy's perFECT i fEEL so SAD

none of the songs r awful idgaf

35 minutes ago, the ocean said:

it's beautifully weird to me