Guest Zephyr

Madonna

It's 1AM, I'm downloading the album as I'm typing and apparently it's gonna take at least half an hour before the download is finished and I'm already pretty tired  :deadbanana:

Edit: Well I listened the full thing in bed with no other stimuli and completely based on that listen we have another quantity over quality situation in our hands (which definitely was expected)... the released tracks are pretty much the best ones on the record, God Control is kind of fun once they move on from her mumbling but repetitive. Overall it's a mediocre record that's not my cup of tea, although I don't really hate it either - I just don't see myself returning to most of the tracks anytime soon for the time being. 

giphy.gif

I really had hopes that Madame X would be her return to form but apparently that's not the case. It's sad to think that Madonna didn't release one GREAT album this decade, they're all regular ~ ok  :ohno:

Ok Dark Balled is amazing, both song and video. It's very different from what she has been serving since Hard Candy and I dig the whole concept, the video is also one of her best. This single made me revisit the songs she already released and I'm starting to like them more, but I can't stand Future. The fact she released the beautiful Dark Ballet with Mikky but also released a song with fucking Quavo doesn't make sense. Also, if Dark Ballet had been the first single, followed by Crave and then Medellin I think the whole thing would've made more sense. But I think the album as a whole will be a good pop album, but not a good Madonna album if that makes sense? There's little to no Madonna in the songs she released until now, and that makes me sad.

Remember when I said those things? How wrong I was lmao 5Y9tJ03.gif

This album is very consistent. Future is still awful and she should've kept it and Medellin is okay-ish but the rest of the album is amazing. It makes sense as a body of work. I didn't expect her to sing this much portuguese but she served a bilingual album I'm shook she throws a couple of portuguese words in almost every single track. And the transitions are amazing, Dark Ballet/God Control and Bitch I'm Loka/I Don't Search are the best duos. And I love how she and Mirwais found a middle ground between the latin hype and the dark electronic sonority, it's her most Madonna album since Hard Candy. Maybe my expectations were too low but she really surprised me and I feel this album will age very well and it's right in the middle of her discography, if not amongst her best. 5Y9tJ03.gif

My highlights are: God Control (the best by far)  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated: Faz Gostoso  :hooker: Killers Who Are Partying  :party: Crave sounds really lovely on the album  :legend: and I Don't Search I Find 5Y9tJ03.gif Madonna snapped.

Maybe its too early to say this but I might like this album better than Rebel Heart, MDNA, Hard Candy and Like A Virgin 5Y9tJ03.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Listening now, on God Control. Only heard Medellín prior to this and I kinda liked and on relisten i still like it but Dark Ballet and God Control have kinda served it for me. Ready to hate the next song tho cause quavo is disgusting

Listening now, on God Control. Only heard Medellín prior to this and I kinda liked and on relisten i still like it but Dark Ballet and God Control have kinda served it for me. Ready to hate the next song tho cause quavo is disgusting

Future is by far the worst. It sounds like a basic version of Unapologetic Bitch.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

The MV was brutal tbh but I’m incredibly touched to. Madge DID that <3

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Y'all if you have Amazon Prime, go watch the World of Madame X documentary! A really interesting watch, it provides some context to how the concept of Madame X came to be, how she was inspired by Portuguese culture (and by her travels around the world in general), and of course she talks about every song in specific too for a bit. I already loved the album before, but I like i even more now that I know just how genuine and organic it actually is, so I'd really recommend it!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Y'all if you have Amazon Prime, go watch the World of Madame X documentary! A really interesting watch, it provides some context to how the concept of Madame X came to be, how she was inspired by Portuguese culture (and by her travels around the world in general), and of course she talks about every song in specific too for a bit. I already loved the album before, but I like i even more now that I know just how genuine and organic it actually is, so I'd really recommend it!

I also watched it but you don’t need amazon to watch it as there are many uploads of it on YouTube

I find it quite impressive that she actually sings in Portuguese on this album. Also, I cackled when she said that Brazilian Portuguese is completely different than Portugal-Portuguese and that she basically had to relearn everything. Multilingual queen!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I find it quite impressive that she actually sings in Portuguese on this album. Also, I cackled when she said that Brazilian Portuguese is completely different than Portugal-Portuguese and that she basically had to relearn everything. Multilingual queen!

Sometimes is impossible to understand what people in Portugal are saying lol (my mother language is Brazilian Portuguese) they talk too fast with a heavy accent it sounds a little bit like russian. But yeah Madonna is slaying with her accent and needless to say that the song is growing to be a hit in Brazil (with Anitta's help but who cares) the album is amazing and Faz Gostoso is one of my top songs of the moment

Sometimes is impossible to understand what people in Portugal are saying lol (my mother language is Brazilian Portuguese) they talk too fast with a heavy accent it sounds a little bit like russian. But yeah Madonna is slaying with her accent and needless to say that the song is growing to be a hit in Brazil (with Anitta's help but who cares) the album is amazing and Faz Gostoso is one of my top songs of the moment

It's become one of my favourites as well, which is funny because I don't speak Portuguese, nor am I a particularly big fan of Latin pop. But with this album, it just seems organic and genuine. Like, if you compare the Portuguese/Latin influences on Madame X with what influenced Ray Of Light, in both cases it seems like it just happened all naturally. But yeah, Faz Gostoso definitely screams "hit", so I hope she'll capitalise on that and release it with a nice video.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I'm like 40 years late I know but I finally listened to Madame X and I actually really enjoyed it! It sounded very Madonna to me and definitely not as derivative as people made it out to be. She always is speaking about such interesting topics and doings things that other people just aren't- period. Like what other music sounds like this in 2019? Yeah.

Anyway, I'm aware its far from her best record but I think I'll be continuing to listen to it for a long time. Legend status still in tact.

H0bDaqU.gif