Guest Zephyr

Madonna

I thought tickets were expensive but Madame X tour program is 40$... Yikes.

Also, I'm so disappointed by the lack of Hung Up and Material Girl in the setlist, I wanted to shake my bum to those songs live  :defeated:

It's not cheap by any means, but I think it's still pretty standard for a high quality tour programme (which I'm assuming it is).

She did perform Material Girl on her previous tour, so it makes sense for her to skip it this time around, but I agree that Hung Up is overdue for a performance. She hasn't done it since 2012, which is crazy considering it's probably her biggest hit post-Like A Prayer.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Now that Madame X has been out for over 6 month, where would you put it in Madonna's discography?

For me it's:

1. Bedtime Stories

2. Erotica

3. Confessions On A Dancefloor

4. Madonna

5. True Blue

6. Like A Prayer

7. Music

8. Ray Of Light

9. Rebel Heart

10. Like A Virgin

11. Madame X

12. American Life

13. Hard Candy

14. MDNA

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Now that Madame X has been out for over 6 month, where would you put it in Madonna's discography?

For me it's:

1. Bedtime Stories

2. Erotica

4. Madonna

5. True Blue

6. Like A Prayer

7. Music

8. Ray Of Light

9. Rebel Heart

10. Like A Virgin

11. Madame X

12. American Life

13. Hard Candy

14. MDNA

I would put Madame X botton, worse album from her. I thought MDNA wasn’t that bad.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

For me it's:

1. Bedtime Stories

2. Erotica

4. Madonna

5. True Blue

6. Like A Prayer

7. Music

8. Ray Of Light

9. Rebel Heart

10. Like A Virgin

11. Madame X

12. American Life

13. Hard Candy

14. MDNA

True Blue n5 and Bedtime Zzztories n1? Thats clownery luv

For me it's:

1. Bedtime Stories

2. Erotica

4. Madonna

5. True Blue

6. Like A Prayer

7. Music

8. Ray Of Light

9. Rebel Heart

10. Like A Virgin

11. Madame X

12. American Life

13. Hard Candy

14. MDNA

American Life, swEETIE, I'M SO SORRY! :rip: :rip: :rip:

1. Confessions On A Dance Floor
  2. Ray Of Light
  3. American Life
  4. Erotica
  5. Madame X
  6. Rebel Heart
  7. MDNA
  8. Music
  9. Bedtime Stories
  10. Hard Candy
  11. True Blue
  12. Like A Prayer
  13. Like A Virgin
  14. Madonna

Confessions and Ray Of Light pretty much share the first place for me, right now I'm listening to Confessions more, but that can easily change. Aside from that, I think it's easy to see that I'm really not into her 80s albums all that much. :toofunny: But wow, what a discography!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

erotica

confessions

music

bedtime stories

ray of light

american life

madame x

like a prayer

madonna

rebel heart

like a virgin

mdna

hard candy

Just listened to MadameX last week, its a nice album 

the only other one ive listened to in full is Ray of Light which i found monotamous... i gotta relisten to it tbh 

You gotta revisit it for sure, and also listen to Confessions in full! I also think American Life deserves more attention from everybody, it can be a bit hard to get into it because it sounds so... different, but there's a lot of great stuff there, especially if you keep in mind when it came out (key word: Bush) and what times we live in today.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

1. Erotica

2. Confessions on a Dance Floor

3. Madonna

4. American Life

5. Madame X

6. Ray of Light

7. Bedtime Stories

8. Like A Virgin

9. True Blue

10. Like A Prayer

11. MDNA

12. Rebel Heart

13. Music

14. Hard Candy

Madonna is back at her home , here in Portugal. She is doing a few concerts.

RULE Number 1 - NO Cellphones allowed at her concerts    :facepalm:  No... No...no

I lowkey like this idea...

The atmosphere is so much better when everybody is actually there enjoying the moment rather than recording each and every song, ESPECIALLY with an artist like Madonna, who always puts out concert DVDs for every tour she does anyway.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

@maxthehitman

RULE Number 1 - NO Cellphones allowed at her concerts    :facepalm:  No... No...no

I think you mean was, the last one was this Thursday  :P

I lowkey like this idea...
The atmosphere is so much better when everybody is actually there enjoying the moment rather than recording each and every song, ESPECIALLY with an artist like Madonna, who always puts out concert DVDs for every tour she does anyway. 

I went to her Thursday show and even though she was 1h40m late, those 5+ hours I spent alone (I didn't have anyone to talk with and was really just there waiting with my thoughts) without a cellphone were totally cool, and let me tell you I was having one of the worst migraines I've ever had.

I usually record full songs from concerts so I can rewatch at home whenever I want (even though I don't look at the screen and keep it at my height so I don't bother anyone) and this break was pretty much needed. I'm 5'2' and I could actually SEE an artist's face for once because no one had their arms up to record the whole deal on their phones. There were no lights in the audience coming from screens or flashes - all dark, I could see everybody's faces. I can actually remember viewing the stage during Like a Prayer in amazing detail, and Act III (Fado Club) was pure magic, and I'm afraid it would've have been like this otherwise.

If anything, I think many people in the audience were left wondering why they even went. It's like some didn't really know what to do and how to enjoy themselves without a phone in their hands. We don't really know how to attend concerts anymore.

I don't really care why she chose to do this. Marketing or not, this was overall a better experience for me. She sells DVDs and posts excerpts, it was a close space. Performing is a temporary service and she had the right to define her terms. This was a matter of respect and although I'm just a tiny bit sad I don't have any personal media memory, I actually hope once again other artists feel inspired by her and take similar measures. A cellphone ban in a tour in the age of Instagram was BRAVE (wake-up call  :hooker:)

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

The show has been phone free since it started last year and trust me, it made the experience a lot better. No one gives a shit about crappy fan recorded videos anyway unless she's premiering a brand new song

BzhmW.png