♥Love♥Lana♥Like♥Life

Celebrity Mentions Thread

I loved his quarantine series!  It's funny that my first impression of Glass Animals was a sort of hedonistic decadence, but with these videos made it apparent that he's a big, adorable nerd!

Michelle Zauner/Japanese Breakfast includes a line about Lana in her memoir, Crying in H Mart.

In summary, her friend Duncan was working a cover story on Lana for the Fader during the UV era. Duncan tells Japanese Breakfast that Lana was recording the entire interview on her iPhone and was chain smoking like crazy, and JB admired that. I found it interesting that it's included in this memoir since its focus is about her mother dying and her Asian-American identity. The aspects of her music career in this memoir are very much secondary.

Tonight, I happened to run into an NPR article where Lana said she hated that interviewer for goading her.

Cat Power says she's got a project in mind with Lana and photographer Nan Goldin. Does it need it's own thread ? 

There also a few other mentions of Lana in this french article :

https://madame.lefigaro.fr/celebrites/catpower-javais-plus-de-40-ans-et-des-hommes-daffaires-avaient-decide-que-je-netais-plus-une-artiste-130122-210256

Here's a translation of the Lana bits :

Lana Del Rey quotes her among her favorite singers: “Cat Power is an immense songwriter. "

[...]

You are the opening act for for Lana Del Rey's concert, of which you deliver here a version of White Mustang. What binds you ?

I met Lana in 2017. She often cited me among the artists she admired. At that time, my label had turned its back on me, I was over 40, and businessmen had decided that I was no longer an artist. Lana reminded me that I was one. She reminded me that there is still a sense of camaraderie in music. Our song, Woman, is about the value of women - it's an ode to the power of words and believing in each other. I have a project in mind on this theme with Lana and the photographer Nan Goldin, whom I have known since the 1980s.

Courtney Love on opening for LDR:

“I didht even want to do it . I didht even want to be friends with her . I'd hide in my bud when she played . Embwrassed to open for someone so younger. But she wouldn't stop trying to be my friend . She's such a good , not psycho , truly nice egg . And sober . & she just dropped off keys to her Malibu High by the beach house . When I was in trouble . Tbh I wouldn't play a note tho until the audience dumped their flower crowns at my feet . They bug tf outta me . Then when I detoxed off Xanax , she drove Frances every single day for 90 days . Even when I was just drooling on couch . Then i started listening to her music & realized she was a genius . AND . Incredibly genuine . Nice . She also snuck me out of la away from the brithey mess, they want kc publishing so tried to put me in an illegal conservatorship . Too . & she ( & gwyneth ) offered to pay attorneys. So much stuff I owe thst woman. Then lots of stuff - she hooked me up with strong sober women . a real support group . Beyond rare for someone that genius to also be not insane narcissist kind and a true friend . I love her . And I boyght her a bunch of Joni Mitchell vinyl in Portland . Which changed her life . But she changed mine . So that's it in a nut shell . She's my first colleague friend since Billie joe / stipe . She sticks up for me . & I her . STORY TIME OVER ! next youll waht boys we nay have shared ! Lol lol .”

- from her secret account

i feel like this is rlly hard to read i might transcribe  it :defeated:

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, less said:

Evanescence said Lana Del Rey is in all her playlists, has a gorgeous voice etc. at 5:47

cryingggggg amy lee is one of my childhood divas omgggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!! :trisha:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

On 2/28/2022 at 8:25 AM, bigspender said:

Courtney Love on opening for LDR:

“I didht even want to do it . I didht even want to be friends with her . I'd hide in my bud when she played . Embwrassed to open for someone so younger. But she wouldn't stop trying to be my friend . She's such a good , not psycho , truly nice egg . And sober . & she just dropped off keys to her Malibu High by the beach house . When I was in trouble . Tbh I wouldn't play a note tho until the audience dumped their flower crowns at my feet . They bug tf outta me . Then when I detoxed off Xanax , she drove Frances every single day for 90 days . Even when I was just drooling on couch . Then i started listening to her music & realized she was a genius . AND . Incredibly genuine . Nice . She also snuck me out of la away from the brithey mess, they want kc publishing so tried to put me in an illegal conservatorship . Too . & she ( & gwyneth ) offered to pay attorneys. So much stuff I owe thst woman. Then lots of stuff - she hooked me up with strong sober women . a real support group . Beyond rare for someone that genius to also be not insane narcissist kind and a true friend . I love her . And I boyght her a bunch of Joni Mitchell vinyl in Portland . Which changed her life . But she changed mine . So that's it in a nut shell . She's my first colleague friend since Billie joe / stipe . She sticks up for me . & I her . STORY TIME OVER ! next youll waht boys we nay have shared ! Lol lol .”

- from her secret account

i feel like this is rlly hard to read i might transcribe  it :defeated:

Yeah I read that before. this is crazy how Lana won her over both as a person and as an artist. 

On 8/26/2022 at 5:17 PM, less said:

Evanescence said Lana Del Rey is in all her playlists, has a gorgeous voice etc. at 5:47

I'm not surprised she likes her. Especially after she covered Young and Beautiful. 

On 8/26/2022 at 5:26 PM, prettywhenimhigh said:

cryingggggg amy lee is one of my childhood divas omgggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!! :trisha:

I loved her as a kid. Don't know what she or Evanescence have been up to recently.

Kinda unrelated but the Ghost Lana in Barry's Riverside video reminded me of Amy Lee for some strange reasons.

Not a direct mention, but still an interesting fact. Nick 13 (frontman of the punk/psychobilly band Tiger Army) follows Lana on IG and often likes her posts. He followed her before when she was using @/lanadelrey and he's following her now as @/honeymoon. I only know this because I follow Nick too.

His solo music is alt-country and acoustic. Another to add to the "Dream Collab" list?:cuteface:

:sluttybunny:🌧️