♥Love♥Lana♥Like♥Life

Celebrity Mentions Thread

still waiting for the collab with snoop dogg

was he talking about french montana's All for You?? ... it's more of a makeshift mashup but lana really sounds good with rappers 

I really really want to see those kanye west tweets but they're not there anymore and there aren't any screencaps on google image (except for the uv promo)  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:

Bruce Springsteen lists Lana as one of his favourite contemporary songwriters: "I love her, especially the extended version of her first record [“Born to Die: The Paradise Edition”]."

And I recently stumbled upon an...interesting interview with Marilyn Manson in which he steered the conversation from Lana's spell on Trump to a vague indication of a sexual relationship between him and Lana (or not)...

" The occult imagery you were playing around with 20 years ago seems to be mainstream now, like Lana Del Rey putting a hex on Trump. How do you feel about it? Do you feel vindicated?

“Is this before or after sex with Lana Del Rey?”

Pardon?

“I said, is this before or after I had or would have sex with Lana Del Rey?”

I didn’t ask if you had sex with Lana Del Rey.

“I didn’t say I did.”

Did you say you didn’t?

“I didn’t say I didn’t or I did… You know how she sings, she’s dead still and she bats her eyelashes. So I would imagine, hypothetically, [in] sexual parameters that she would do the same thing. I would also imagine that in a witchcraft-type environment she would also just bat her eyelashes and that might not really be effective. Although she is a very lovely girl.”   "

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

And I recently stumbled upon an...interesting interview with Marilyn Manson in which he steered the conversation from Lana's spell on Trump to a vague indication of a sexual relationship between him and Lana (or not)...

" The occult imagery you were playing around with 20 years ago seems to be mainstream now, like Lana Del Rey putting a hex on Trump. How do you feel about it? Do you feel vindicated?

“Is this before or after sex with Lana Del Rey?”

Pardon?

“I said, is this before or after I had or would have sex with Lana Del Rey?”

I didn’t ask if you had sex with Lana Del Rey.

“I didn’t say I did.”

Did you say you didn’t?

“I didn’t say I didn’t or I did… You know how she sings, she’s dead still and she bats her eyelashes. So I would imagine, hypothetically, [in] sexual parameters that she would do the same thing. I would also imagine that in a witchcraft-type environment she would also just bat her eyelashes and that might not really be effective. Although she is a very lovely girl.”   "

eww bye 

I'm currently listening to a podcast (from March 2017) by a Swedish music journalist where he interviews Father John Misty at home. After 45 minutes, they play Lana's Freak and the journalist, Fredrik Strage, asks:

S: Do you know why she wanted you to act in a video about tripping on acid? 'Cause you were acting, right?

FJM: Yeah, I know, those were like breath strips. *laughs* Clearly. Well. I dunno. Can I tell you... I wanna put this on the record, just somewhere. OK? This fucking perception of her, which seems to have like vained in recent years, that she is some kind of fraud or something. It makes me wanna kill the world. Because this is someone who is like- We're talking about someone for whom cynicisms is not, like- It doesn't excist for her. And that's not even to say that she's like some kind of drooling sauvant or something. She knows what she's doing. But when this claim, this charge of weird calculated cynisism was brought against her... Just as someone who knows her, it's frustrating but also when you look at what passes for- It took like Taylor Swift getting busted on Snapchat or whatever it was for people to even go like "Huh, I think there might be something disenginous about this whole thing", "Huh, hmm, let me get up my magnifying glass and my slooth cap but there might be something about this that might be a little weird." Lana is a fucking genius. Like, a melodic genious. A lyrical genius.

S: You're kind of preaching to the choir here, because I think she's the best artist of this decade, like the most interesting artist to come along in a long time. (Freak is playing in the background)

FJM: And understands that in the post-modern era that part of being iconic is recognizing icononography. She's just playing twelve dimensional chess, but totally subconsiously, because she's too fucking good. She's not like me, I'm like a deranged little worm-man who has to like, you know, like, fucking fuck, consider everything and ruin my life, overthinking shit. Lana is the real fucking deal, I've never seen anyone come up with lyrics and melodies that were so dead-on with such effortlessness.

S: Still, I think that you have a quite a few things in common. Most of all that you've both created these larger-than-life characters when you started to make music. Like, Elizabeth Grant became Lana Del Rey and Joshua Tillman became Father John Misty. By putting on masks, you kinda became more authentic and more real than you were before you put on those masks.

FJM: Well, masks, there is like- We forget that masks have been around for a real fucking long time, and we wanna pretend that our age is so pure and authentic that we don't need masks anymore. Are you fucking kidding me? For people like Lana and I, we understand the definition of grotesque. That grotesque doesn't mean a big, flashy, scary mask, it means a mask that looks human but has like one tweak that makes it really disturbing. If you're gonna get on stage, then fucking put something cool on and put on a fucking show! Don't stand up there and pretend like you just got off the fucking squash farm, you know? Like. Fuck that.

S: I can't believe how good this tequila is.

FJM:  It's so good.

S: Cheers. I haven't had tequila for ages.

FJM: Oh, tequila is the best! It's the only upper out of alcohol, which I hear is an old wife's tale, but I chooses to believe it.

S: I don't even feel drunk, I feel energetic...

Sorry for any mistakes, English isn't my mother toungue. :toofunny:

Source:

https://www.acast.com/hemmahosstrage/father-john-misty-hemma-hos-strage

https://open.spotify.com/show/47sH1e0Ete7XWuwIEUWztv

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

They think they found Glee star Naya Rivera's body today...on the 7th anniversary of Cory Monteith's death. It's hard to process and I hope her family find strength during this difficult time.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

So the recent Popbase poll took me back to the Video Games video and  made me wonder about Paz de la Huerta's reaction about her unfortunate *cameo* but from what I've found she didn't seem to mind at all.  :oic3:

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.

So.... Bruce Bruce Springsteen talked about her on the radio. She probally passed out this morning :facepalm: :hdu:

Ouch. That song (Video Game) is so beautiful it kills me. Coming up: Lana Del Rey. And I am a Lana Del Rey fan. And ‘Video Games.’ This is a singer, and a song, that reminds me of the hot, humid, sultry summer nights, and the girls that went with them. Nights so hot and still, fields of fireflies, leaves so still on neighborhood trees that they did not whisper. No rumor of a breeze in sight. You’d sit on the porch. You were dressed, waiting either for her, or the end of the world.”

Lust For Dead   large.gif

So.... Bruce Bruce Springsteen talked about her on the radio. She probally passed out this morning :facepalm: :hdu:

Ouch. That song (Video Game) is so beautiful it kills me. Coming up: Lana Del Rey. And I am a Lana Del Rey fan. And ‘Video Games.’ This is a singer, and a song, that reminds me of the hot, humid, sultry summer nights, and the girls that went with them. Nights so hot and still, fields of fireflies, leaves so still on neighborhood trees that they did not whisper. No rumor of a breeze in sight. You’d sit on the porch. You were dressed, waiting either for her, or the end of the world.”

shes gonna shit a brick when she hears this

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Lana do a collab with Bruce Springsteen challenge 

i hope that she heard his words!! Must be an amazing feeling when someone you look up to for such a long time knows you and adores u.

giphy.gif

L8CIPac.png

This is the first time I've ever witnessed Inez and Vinoodh acknowledging Lana in any shape of form. It's really weird to me how since 2012 after they did the H&M campaign, which was a massive worldwide success at the time and should be considered a prideful moment for any photographer's career, they had never ever posted about it - neither their website, Instagram or any other platform and they are the only photographers that have worked with Lana that have done so (I do a little dig every time a new shoot comes out since 2012). It made me think it was either a really bad on-set experience or they just hated the final product shoot. 

Also, imagine the clash of artistic excellence that would be if Nicola Formichetti worked with Lana :wowcry:

z445hpI.png