Davis

Florence + The Machine

15 hours ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Has anyone gotten a shipping notification yet for music? cd / vinyl / cassette???

No (I sacrificed my wallet for the vinyl boxset) and I know it'll ship soon but I'm impatient and want to know it's coming already 

Girls Against Inferior Studio Versions (I'm looking at you, 100 Years :crai:)

Also the insider was so right about this sounding like it's from NFR so, a serve I guess:defeated: (do kinda prefer the live version though)

35 minutes ago, tantalus said:

No (I sacrificed my wallet for the vinyl boxset) and I know it'll ship soon but I'm impatient and want to know it's coming already 

my charli vinyl wasn't shipped until the night before it's release so i feel like the distributors are a lot more careful now. i want my box set and signed cd ( really bummed i couldn't get a poster in time ) 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

12 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

my charli vinyl wasn't shipped until the night before it's release so i feel like the distributors are a lot more careful now. i want my box set and signed cd ( really bummed i couldn't get a poster in time ) 

they started to ship my Dance Fever vinyl yesterday, accodring to the email i received

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

they started to ship my Dance Fever vinyl yesterday, accodring to the email i received

i just got an email lol so nvm 

it's coming fedex from detroit so depending on when it's picked up i'll get it tomorrow or friday 

my cd hasn't shipped yet 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

3 HOURS IN MY LOCAL TIME UNTIL THE ALBUM IS DROPPED BITCHES. I AM NOT OKAY :trisha::trisha::trisha:

zkhBe6.gif

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Daffodil...WEDDINGS MOVIES CHURCHES TRAILERS MUSICALS right now please it deserves to be in EVERYTHING pack it up girls Florence is HERE

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

OMGOMGOMGOMG IT'S STILL ALMOST A DAY IN MY COUNTRY BUT I ALREADY FEEL THE SHIVERS :oprah4: aoty is coming ladies, hold tight :read: 

Spoiler

Streets are saying it l-word-ed. I'm terribly tempted goddamn :raven: although it's technically not a l-word as it is basically out in some territories ig

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Spoiler

Her most cohesive body of work so far. The only downside if the interludes totally laeve you wanting them to be fleshed out songs. One more My Love-esque track would have been nice given the Choreomania theme, but the gospel/rock influence is still nice. First full listen: 8/10

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

This album is absolutely incredible. It feels like her earlier work, combined with the realism of HBHBHB and the restraint (lol) of HAH. One of her best I fear :defeated:

Also gave a track-by-track review to feel like a music critic (with actual taste) :true:

Spoiler

King:

• I love this low and brooding start to the album. The way it builds is perfection and in the context of the album it makes a lot of sense for it to be the opening number.

Free:

• I think this song captures the essence of a “dance fever” the most because you really can dance to this one all the way through. Again, this is a perfect place to put this song.

Choreomania:

• I don’t really agree that this song is the ‘crazier’ version of Free as that implies that the instrumentation is even wilder, which I’d say is actually more restrained here. However, it definitely carries on the theme perfectly and I adore its sonic complexity. I think while Free captures the release of anxiety, this song captures the return of it.

Back In Town:

• I understand why people will question the placement of this song on the album tracklist but I think it works really well. After all the dancing you are still left with the version of yourself you tried so hard to shake out. Like Flo said, she came for the pleasure (Free) and stayed for the pain (Choreomania).

Girls Against God:

• Even though I was a bit wary of the snippet after hearing the song live at the Newcastle show, I can say that I still love this song. It really does capture the existential emotions people felt in lockdown. I really love the ending as it was unexpected (she didn’t perform the ending live) and I think it leads perfectly into Dream Girl Evil thematically.

Dream Girl Evil:

• I was so right to claim this song. I feel like its a mix of Ceremonials thematically (dark and enraged) and Big God (the rattling drums in the first verse remind me of the void sounds in the Big God music video so much). Florence did what she had to do here!

Prayer Factory:

• This is a beautiful song and another example of the transitioning between sections of the album. Going from wild dancing to introspection to rage to this brooding again. I am sad that this song is so short but honestly I think would only work at this length - any longer and I would have become bored.

Cassandra:

• To be honest, I wasn’t sure how I felt about this one for a good portion of the song. However, it did make me emotional so it must be good (as well as listening to it again). To me, it feels like a mix between Lungs, a softer HBHBHB, and High As Hope and I love that. The ending is so good. I feel like the leaked ‘Covered in Blood’ from the Moderation sessions is sonically blood-related to this song (and even the album to be honest).

Heaven Is Here:

• This feels like a descendent of the early conception of HBHBHB with the witch themes. While it is short, it is so cathartic, especially when shouting the words like an incantation in a concert hall.

Daffodil:

• I can’t explain why but this song is like a dark version of South London Forever to me. If I was going to relate it to any song it feels like a sister to Call Me Cruella. I don’t care if the chorus is simple, if Florence references the UK I will always like it because I can now look at Daffodils and feel like Florence lol. The drums at the end are SO good too.

My Love:

• Does this song sonically stick out like a sore thumb? Yes. It’s still amazing and I love it. It has major Ceremonial vibes. End of story.

Restraint:

• This song needs. to. be. longer. I’m just glad we have the full version of the very first snippet (as well as the gasps for air). The ‘ahs’ with the instrumental at the end are to die for.

The Bomb:

• I can see why people won’t connect with this song as much as the other because it feels like a song that could very easily be on High As Hope. However, I love that album so I love the quaint energy of this song. To me, the lyrics have the same bittersweet feel as the songs on High As Hope have. Great song.

Morning Elvis:

• While I’m not the biggest fan of country music and this song has hints of that genre, this is a beautiful close to the album. I really love how you can hear her London accent come through while singing the verses. The sounds of the crowd at the end, given the context of the album with how Florence thought about never performing again, make me emotional in particular.

1 hour ago, Formation said:

Daffodil...WEDDINGS MOVIES CHURCHES TRAILERS MUSICALS right now please it deserves to be in EVERYTHING pack it up girls Florence is HERE

one of her absolute best... so glad hmv shipped it one day early :crai:

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

OMGOMGOMGOMG IT'S STILL ALMOST A DAY IN MY COUNTRY BUT I ALREADY FEEL THE SHIVERS :oprah4: aoty is coming ladies, hold tight :read: 

Hide contents

Streets are saying it l-word-ed. I'm terribly tempted goddamn :raven: although it's technically not a l-word as it is basically out in some territories ig

Spoiler

VPN + Browser YouTube…

:beyonce:

IMG-3521.jpg