Davis

Florence + The Machine

So - after listening to the album a few times, those are m 5 cents:

• It's a great album, but I think it does not fully delivered on what the visuals/ singles promised. There is the framework of an extremely melodramatic and dark album with tracks like King, My Love, Daffodil and Cassandra. We also have the interludes which kind of back this up. However, the other songs just don't seem to colour in.
    Don't get me wrong - they are all good or at least solid, but they are pretty much "the usual Florence" kind of thing.
  • My Love is still my favourite track, from the non-singles songs it's between Daffodil and Cassandra.
  • Generally, I'm a huge fan of how she keeps on playing with breaths/ sighs/ etc. on tracks like My Love, Daffodil, Restraint and Heaven Is Here.
  • I wish Prayer Factory was a full song, it has such a great production. And I'd also would have loved it if The Bomb was longer, it's such a beautifully executed ballad.
  • Morning Elvis is a nice track, feels very HBHBHBish, but I don't think it reall fits the album at all.
  • I don't get the hype around Free and I also don't really lik Choreomania. I feel like those two tracks feel a bit empty. Same for Girls Against God.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

From the deluxe tracks, I don't completely vibe to Search and Destroy. The acoustics are beautiful, and My Love and Cassandra might be my favourite of those four.

From the standard, Daffodil, Cassandra and My Love remain my favourites. Daffodil :oprah: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Can someone make a Dance Fever song sorter (with the deluxe tracks) so I can manually rank the songs? :bebe:

Or if there's a Florence song sorter, if you can add the songs to that

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Well out of 9 versions, Still just the Target Vinyl has shown up.

:crying4:

Tracking now claims I’ll receive the box in 2 days “that was the first of my orders to ship” its original eta was the 14th.

I know, First world problems.

But it sucks…

IMG-3521.jpg

5 hours ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Well out of 9 versions, Still just the Target Vinyl has shown up.

:crying4:

Tracking now claims I’ll receive the box in 2 days “that was the first of my orders to ship” its original eta was the 14th.

I know, First world problems.

But it sucks…

i got mine yesterday and my neighbor opened it on " accident " it's fine tho 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

2 hours ago, Ceremonials said:

i got mine yesterday and my neighbor opened it on " accident " it's fine tho 

I’m glad!

It is a little funny though mine was stuck in Memphis for a good while…

:bebe:
EDIT:

Oh on accident my ass!

IMG-3521.jpg

i know dance fever is out but fuck how big is still such a good album

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

as some of you have pointed out, Dance Fever really wasn't as dark or melodramatic as one could've thought from the visuals, but I've listened to the album a LOT and I really do like it :oprah3: I didn't listen to any of the singles because I wanted the album experience and now my personal favourites are definitely King & The Bomb. I also like Free, Choreomania and Back In Town but My Love sounds like it could be great live so I'm looking forward to hear that this summer! 

also

Spoiler

I think Florence is kinda like Lana as in I genuinely don't think either of them could release a bad album... but their releases seem to cause disappointment in their fanbases cause people know how talented they are so there are higher expectations for them than several other artists :raven: am I making sense 

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

5 hours ago, lover said:

as some of you have pointed out, Dance Fever really wasn't as dark or melodramatic as one could've thought from the visuals, but I've listened to the album a LOT and I really do like it :oprah3: I didn't listen to any of the singles because I wanted the album experience and now my personal favourites are definitely King & The Bomb. I also like Free, Choreomania and Back In Town but My Love sounds like it could be great live so I'm looking forward to hear that this summer! 

also

Reveal hidden contents

I think Florence is kinda like Lana as in I genuinely don't think either of them could release a bad album... but their releases seem to cause disappointment in their fanbases cause people know how talented they are so there are higher expectations for them than several other artists :raven: am I making sense 

We did the right choice bestie :cryney2: I only listened King once upon release and then pretended it didn't exist just so I could listen again with the whole album. It really elevated my experience with the record.

I do agree Florence, as Lana, seems to be the type of artist not to release a bad album :true: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: