Davis

Florence + The Machine

Florence is other favorite another one of my favs. Omg she's amazing. Ceremonials | Lungs | Shake It Out | NLNL | and now she has a new track out with Calvin Harris called Sweet Nothing.

god knows I tried

Does anyone else love "Bedroom Hymns"? I'm worried it's overlooked.

I DO!!! I listen to it when I want to feel dark and mischevous. It's such a creepy song--especially with all the religious references.

tumblr_mdrd5t0vcT1qfo41fo1_cover.png

http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdrd5t0vcT1qfo41fo1.mp3

Here's the single version of Lover To Lover.

I love how stripped down the first verse is!

Only to coincide with the AMAZING video for the song, directed by Vincent Haycock!

http://www.nowness.c...-lover-to-lover

Florence and the Machine: Lover to Lover

The English Songstress Performs a Tale of American Heartbreak in Vincent Haycock's New Video

A relationship falls apart in the desert towns and fog-soaked coast of California as the baroque pop chanteuse and Karl Lagerfeld and Gucci muse Florence Welchtakes on a cinematic role in this second collaboration with LA-based director Vincent Haycock. After helming the narrative music video for Welch’s Calvin Harris-produced disco hit “Sweet Nothing”, Haycock wanted to further explore singer’s interest in acting in his film for “Lover to Lover”, the latest single from her hit sophomore album Ceremonials. “She wasn’t just Florence, she was playing a character,” he says. “It was exciting to take someone who’s built such an iconic visual style, with the floaty dresses and distinct look of her videos, and do something really different.” Performing opposite Australian actor Ben Mendelsohn, who stars alongside Brad Pitt in the forthcoming flick, Killing Them Softly, Welch's on-screen interpretation echoes the track’s heart-aching refrain, “There’s no salvation for me now.” Beginning in a drab Los Angeles house and building to a cathartic gospel frenzy, the romance ends as the lovesick heroine disappears amid mist into the Pacific Ocean. “The waves were enormous, it was freezing cold and four in the morning—I was weeping all the way in I was so scared,” recounts the MTV Award-winning singer, laughing. “It was the most intense experience because we shot the whole day before; I went back to the hotel, slept for three hours, woke up anddove into the sea.”

How did the concept for this character come about?

I was going through a phase where I was thinking about what I wanted from life, asking, do I want a husband and a child? Why do I think I need that?

What was it like to film such intense scenes with a proper actor like Ben Mendelsohn?

It was an emotional day and it brought up a lot of things. I’d come to the end of this massive tour and just needed to go home. I was tired and disoriented because Southern California doesn't have seasons--everything's getting cold back home and the leaves are falling but in LA everything’s in this stasis. I think I was screaming, “This isn’t real, I don’t know what’s going on!" and Ben was screaming back, “You’re here, you’re here!”

Did you have a script?

It was completely improvised. I had to think about things that I was actually angry and upset about. It is cathartic, but you have to literally let yourself go. Ben is so sweet and accommodating--afterwards he gave me this massive hug and made me feel so comfortable.

X----into me, into you----X

tumblr_mdrd5t0vcT1qfo41fo1_cover.png

Here's the single version of Lover To Lover.

I love how stripped down the first verse is!

Only to coincide with the AMAZING video for the song, directed by Vincent Haycock!

http://www.nowness.c...-lover-to-lover

Florence and the Machine: Lover to Lover

The English Songstress Performs a Tale of American Heartbreak in Vincent Haycock's New Video

A relationship falls apart in the desert towns and fog-soaked coast of California as the baroque pop chanteuse and Karl Lagerfeld and Gucci muse Florence Welchtakes on a cinematic role in this second collaboration with LA-based director Vincent Haycock. After helming the narrative music video for Welch’s Calvin Harris-produced disco hit “Sweet Nothing”, Haycock wanted to further explore singer’s interest in acting in his film for “Lover to Lover”, the latest single from her hit sophomore album Ceremonials. “She wasn’t just Florence, she was playing a character,” he says. “It was exciting to take someone who’s built such an iconic visual style, with the floaty dresses and distinct look of her videos, and do something really different.” Performing opposite Australian actor Ben Mendelsohn, who stars alongside Brad Pitt in the forthcoming flick, Killing Them Softly, Welch's on-screen interpretation echoes the track’s heart-aching refrain, “There’s no salvation for me now.” Beginning in a drab Los Angeles house and building to a cathartic gospel frenzy, the romance ends as the lovesick heroine disappears amid mist into the Pacific Ocean. “The waves were enormous, it was freezing cold and four in the morning—I was weeping all the way in I was so scared,” recounts the MTV Award-winning singer, laughing. “It was the most intense experience because we shot the whole day before; I went back to the hotel, slept for three hours, woke up anddove into the sea.”

How did the concept for this character come about?

I was going through a phase where I was thinking about what I wanted from life, asking, do I want a husband and a child? Why do I think I need that?

What was it like to film such intense scenes with a proper actor like Ben Mendelsohn?

It was an emotional day and it brought up a lot of things. I’d come to the end of this massive tour and just needed to go home. I was tired and disoriented because Southern California doesn't have seasons--everything's getting cold back home and the leaves are falling but in LA everything’s in this stasis. I think I was screaming, “This isn’t real, I don’t know what’s going on!" and Ben was screaming back, “You’re here, you’re here!”

Did you have a script?

It was completely improvised. I had to think about things that I was actually angry and upset about. It is cathartic, but you have to literally let yourself go. Ben is so sweet and accommodating--afterwards he gave me this massive hug and made me feel so comfortable.

NO B-SIDE? ME NO BUY. :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

Never let me go is Flo's best song by far >>>>>>>>>

Ceremonials is one of the best albums i have listened to as a whole. its doesnt have a bad song on it and Flo's voice is divine :flutter:

I recently decided to give Flo a chance. The very first song I heard was Rabbit Heart and I really enjoyed it but then Lana came along and well... The rest is history. But I've also heard Howl and it's super!

EQFO7rX.png