Guest Zephyr

Carly Rae Jepsen

i'm not sure how i feel about this album yet but i definitely appreciate her for expanding her sound

not including bonus tracks, right now the favorites are: far away, bends, western wind, bad thing twice, shooting star, go find yourself or whatever

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

i guess she's talking to herself bc she has no stan's 

poor ha :mj2:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

need her to make a record exploring the ballads of the album.

bends/ no thinking over the weekend / western wind / go find yourself or whatever are all very interesting songs and so so beautiful and touching. need more of that

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

literally every single one of her album covers have been terrible, nothing new nothing changed 

the music is growing on me though, it's much better than flopicated 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

holy shit, the new album is so fucking good truly. :gclap: i'm shocked because i really didn't care for Beach House at all....meanwhile i've come to like it listening to the entire album. it makes sense. also soooo happy she got Rufus Wainwright for the title track, his voice is stellar. i'm never doubting her again, it is terrible that she somewhat got a bit overshadowed on release day. :wub:

Copying over my post from PJ about the album release show in Berkeley because I'm lazy

My day started super early because I went to the record store signing at Amoeba Berkeley. I met her again and I told her the last time I saw her (summer 2019) I met my partner while on the way to the Dedicated Tour and now it's come full circle and in the space between eras we got engaged and now he finally gets to see her like he's wanted for years. She started to tear up and was like 'WAIT I love a good meet-cute, that's awesome you get to do that together,' signed my vinyls and took a pic with me.

Then, we heard her sound checking Surrender My Heart and Joshua Tree since it was an outdoor venue. 

The show was incredible. The setlist absolutely makes sense with the story she's trying to sell and it's easily her biggest and best production yet of the three times I've seen her. It is *super* close to being an arena-level show. She came out in something almost like a blue showgirl style outfit without a headpiece, and her second outfit was like a disco ball. The audience was extremely diverse and hearing 8,500 people sing Run Away With Me in unison was a real ~we've decided to ascend~ moment.

AND SHE CUT ALL THAT FOR THE LIVE DEBUT OF SURRENDER MY HEART!

Bonus round: Empress Of was a fantastic opener. She was horny and the way the DJ on stage with her turned it into a club atmosphere with a continuous mix and samples was great.

BzhmW.png

15 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

literally every single one of her album covers have been terrible, nothing new nothing changed 

Her single covers are horrible (A lot of them are stock images tbh), however I think even if they're basic, her album covers are cute

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

I'm kinda surprised at how much I like this album, in my opinion it would be way better with some songs cut out but it's still really strong. Emotion and it's Side B stay her magnum opus tho

Emotion > Emotion Side B >>> The Loneliest Time > Dedicated Side B > Dedicated > Kiss

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Amazing interview (as always) + TLT Side B confirmed.

https://www.theringer.com/music/2022/10/24/23419868/carly-rae-jepsen-loneliest-time-interview-new-album

Did you really write a hundred songs for The Loneliest Time?

I didn’t count a hundred, but we were going through B-sides the other night with my A&R, and he’s like, “Well, what are the contenders?” And I’m like, “There’s 65 that I’ve listened to that I could make something of, so we can narrow it down from there.” Those were the ones that I liked, but there’s more from that pile.

Does that mean we’re getting a Loneliest Time B-Sides, like with Emotion and Dedicated before it?

I’ll say that I opened up the folder of the songs and started listening again with that question in mind. You know what? I think the verdict is out still.

well-so-im-done.gif

31 minutes ago, Mountain said:

https://www.theringer.com/music/2022/10/24/23419868/carly-rae-jepsen-loneliest-time-interview-new-album

I didn’t count a hundred, but we were going through B-sides the other night with my A&R, and he’s like, “Well, what are the contenders?” And I’m like, “There’s 65 that I’ve listened to that I could make something of, so we can narrow it down from there.” Those were the ones that I liked, but there’s more from that pile.

Does that mean we’re getting a Loneliest Time B-Sides, like with Emotion and Dedicated before it?

I’ll say that I opened up the folder of the songs and started listening again with that question in mind. You know what? I think the verdict is out still.

We need “lost in devotion” on that b side 

1 hour ago, Mountain said:

I know she will pick around 10-12 but I want all 65 :hooker: