Mileena

Crystal Castles

When is the new album being officially released? I thought it was tomorrow (9th) but I think I read on this forum that they changed the date to the 12th? I'm not gonna listen to the leak!

20r46kx.jpg

You can buy it on iTunes in Norway already, hahhaa.

I just checked UK iTunes and it's available on there too, oops! I'm gonna wait and buy the CD though :)

Gonna go and listen to the album now!!

20r46kx.jpg

i am the most cc obsessed user on the forum though :badbitch:

i fucking love iii, it came in the post yesterday and i listened to it when i got home from school, it's great! i think insulin and pale flesh are my favourites so far.

i'm seeing them in exactly 2 weeks time.

4r9w86.jpg

Kerosene + Affection + Pale Flesh + Sad Eyes + Violent Youth = :legend:

That said, I seriously love the whole album. I'm not sure if it tops (II) yet for me, but it's definitely right up there with it.

LanaLogo-e1328412462487.png

iamamiwhoami purity ring jessie ware grimes twin shadow

III totally opened the floodgates of obsession for me because it makes me want to rave for a month straight AND talks about the issues I'm most passionate about. Also, I would like another Robert Smith/CC collaboration, plz.

tori_amos_signature_by_ghosttree-d34dy5d.png

alice's quote about the world being a dystopia filled me with relief - thank god i'm not the only one who thinks that. alice & i seem to share the same views on a lot of things.

i can't believe it's a week until i see them! :D in exactly a weeks time, i'll be on my way to london.

not another rs collab :( i think his vocals were too loud and powerful over the music tbh.

4r9w86.jpg

these are all the unreleased cc songs i have - if you want any, let me know and if you have any that i haven't got, i'd be so grateful if you could send me some(:

knights (demo)

cry babies

knife fight (i'm not sure if i should label this as another demo of knights or not?)

leni

no skin

yes no (live)

too young too black too live

she fell out

hunting for witches

lovers who uncover

mother knows best (2004/2007/2008)

rot

dolls

trash hologram

insectica (2004/2007(?)/2008)

seed (2004/200(7/8))

b

bitter hearts

black fag

chess mess

drink n' fuck

why do you cry everytime i fuck you

trash the rental

d/radio fireworks/tuesday

exoskeleton (live)

4r9w86.jpg

alice's quote about the world being a dystopia filled me with relief - thank god i'm not the only one who thinks that. alice & i seem to share the same views on a lot of things.

i can't believe it's a week until i see them! :D in exactly a weeks time, i'll be on my way to london.

not another rs collab :( i think his vocals were too loud and powerful over the music tbh.

I really liked what she said about "purity" and its place thematically in the album. I found it incredibly striking when she said that "purity" is the motivation for culturally sanctioned, brutal acts of violence against women around the world. Unfortunately, I think a lot of listeners will glaze over the lyrical content and themes.

tori_amos_signature_by_ghosttree-d34dy5d.png

I really liked what she said about "purity" and its place thematically in the album. I found it incredibly striking when she said that "purity" is the motivation for culturally sanctioned, brutal acts of violence against women around the world. Unfortunately, I think a lot of listeners will glaze over the lyrical content and themes.

i agree with you, a lot of people will listen to it to just smoke some green to, but their music is so much deeper than that. sure it's great to party to, but there's so much more to it.

4r9w86.jpg

exactly, i love a lot of electronica music but not all of it has as much substance and passion - and that's exactly what i love about crystal castles. both alice and ethan put in so much work and effort and they're a team - it's not a one man/woman band, they both have important roles and without one of them it just wouldn't work.

i agree again, alice glass is awesome. i can't even put into words how much i love alice glass - she's definitely my ultimate inspiration.

4r9w86.jpg