M.I.A.

Lana Del Rey is back in the studio.

Maybe it's just me but I can't see how someone could want new material already? I am not even near getting bored of all of the albums she has and all of these unreleased songs so people should really be patient.

Same. I think it would be too soon if he started releasing new stuff now.

They (record label) need to concentrate on releasing more singles and music videos from Paradise

Maybe it's just me but I can't see how someone could want new material already? I am not even near getting bored of all of the albums she has and all of these unreleased songs so people should really be patient.

We live in a generation where A.D.D. seem to run rampant. This is the same era of music where Rihanna releases an album every year, with zero to minimal input from herself, and her fans jump up and down for it like the music actually means anything.

People used to have to wait 3-4 years between albums. Now days, 2 albums and countless leaks can;t keep people happy for a measly 12 months.

#inb4 Monicker crankily chastises the entitlement and impatience of younger fans while simultaneously pointing out that it used to be common for artists to put out a couple albums per year.

:runs:

OK, maybe I'm projecting... :teehee: 

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

We live in a generation where A.D.D. seem to run rampant. This is the same era of music where Rihanna releases an album every year, with zero to minimal input from herself, and her fans jump up and down for it like the music actually means anything.

People used to have to wait 3-4 years between albums. Now days, 2 albums and countless leaks can;t keep people happy for a measly 12 months.

That's sad, honestly.

Anyone know John Ehmann? He works for interscope and helped introduce lana to many of the main producers on BTD and the paradise edition (before she was signed to interscope) anyway, he RT:D and article about lana working on her third album and I think that pretty much confirms it for me.

I mean who knows what will happen from now to the expected release but at least we know they're working on something new.

Lana Del Rey says her second album will be 'spiritual'

Page last updated at 06:25 GMT, Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Lana Del Rey says her forthcoming second album has "moved on to a more spiritual place lyrically".

The American singer, who now lives in the UK, has recently been writing new music in Santa Monica, California, for her new release.

She said: "It's a little more stripped down but still cinematic and dark."

Last week the star, whose real name is Elizabeth Woolridge Grant, won the award for best international female at the Brit Awards.

'Slow progress'

Speaking to Newsbeat after her win, the 26-year-old said: "I've been working on it really slowly but I love everything I've done.

"I've been writing in Santa Monica (California) and I know what the record sounds like. Now I just have to finish it.

"Musically I've worked with the same three guys."

Lana Del Rey's debut album Born To Die, released in January 2012, was the fifth best-selling album around the world last year, shifting 3.4 million copies.

Frenchman Yoann Lemoine, or Woodkid as he's know on stage, directed Lana Del Rey's Born To Die and Blue Jeans videos and the singer says she already has a vision for one of her new tracks.

"For some reason the videos are still the easiest things that come," she explained.

"As soon as I write the words to a song, I can paint exactly what I want the picture to look like.

"I have a song called Black Beauty and I've already talked to people about making it."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/21593264

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

so excited for this. i dont care if it takes 2 more years for her to release it. just the fact that she is clearly NOT retiring and recording a new album is enough to make me very psyched.

delrey_zps3df8c502.jpg

She would never tbh :smokes2:

ugh, do u like haynie, loon, that over-used sample and all that other shit?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I have ADD and is not my species fault that most music playing in the radio is shit :usrs: (jk)

I think the thing is we have access to countless artists and new material all the time. You can find a new band/ artist every day in youtube if you look for it. There for we end up wanting new things all the time. And new and old is a confusing process when you call an album from 4 years ago old material.

glgcDdT.gif

On 1/28/2013 at 2:18 PM, Viva said:

There is a road called Panamerican Highway that cutes big part of America and is also known as Trans-America. The thing is why Lana would be singing about that highway?...so I think is just something Radio related. Like AM/FM Trans AM. Or is something related to the movie she is working with since is a cocaine roat cuting Colombia and the jungle and also a very dangerous road. Maybe is a movie. Or just a note with no meaning.

:whoopi:

Capture.jpg