DUKE

Tori Amos

Omg a Tori thread !!

I discovered her last year and I literally fell in love with her she’s a fucking GENIUS 

On 11/18/2020 at 3:45 AM, rightofjupiter said:

BFP is a perfect and incredibly unique record, also one of my all time favs. the lyrics are next level. tbh tori's output up through beekeeper was absolutely iconic, esp her first six records. under the pink, choirgirl, and venus are probs my fav after BFP though i love scarlet's walk and LE too...would love to see a return to form from her one day but tbh at this point i don't think it's gonna happen. she will forever be an icon tho and i will never miss a show when she tours near me. BFP tour one of the best live shows i've ever seen.

Omg I’m so jealous T_T Tori has got to be one of the best performers of all time hands down her piano skills and voice + songwriting abilities and improv is just unmatched

i really doubt we will see a resurgence of her first years but also do we really need one? We’ve got 6/7 albums of pure gold + endless b-sides, she’s already made history as much as she could, I don’t really blame her, she’s 30 years in her career, she’s well deserved a rest 

5 hours ago, Harvie Weinstinez said:

Omg a Tori thread !!

I discovered her last year and I literally fell in love with her she’s a fucking GENIUS 

Omg I’m so jealous T_T Tori has got to be one of the best performers of all time hands down her piano skills and voice + songwriting abilities and improv is just unmatched

i really doubt we will see a resurgence of her first years but also do we really need one? We’ve got 6/7 albums of pure gold + endless b-sides, she’s already made history as much as she could, I don’t really blame her, she’s 30 years in her career, she’s well deserved a rest 

This, literally, every word of it

By the way, when you mentioned her piano skills, instanly reminded me of this enchanting live performance 

Ocean to Ocean

tracklist

1.           Addition of Light Divided

2.           Speaking with Trees

3.           Devil's Bane

4.           Swim to New York State

5.           Spies

6.           Ocean to Ocean

7.           Flowers Burn to Gold

8.           Metal Water Wood

9.           29 Years

10.         How Glass is Made

11.         Birthday Baby

album cover: https://www.reddit.com/r/toriamos/comments/ppbmel/possible_album_cover/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

does anyone know where i could find alternative/fanmade album covers for her albums from the beekeeper onwards? lmao i absolutely hate her covers post 2005, which is so odd because up until then she’s had some really pretty artworks! boys for pele & from the choirgirl hotel are especially some of my favorites

Man every new album release since ADP I am hoping to be drawn into Tori’s newer music and it just hasn’t happened. As with every new release I will give a listen when it releases to see if I’m back on board but at this point it’s unlikely.

however I am v excited by the possibility of a tour next year!

aOaIzH2.gif

54 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

however I am v excited by the possibility of a tour next year!

it's all about the tour! in 3 nights you can hear like 60 songs, and the setlists always brilliantly cover the whole catalog no matter what the current era

32 minutes ago, alittleparty said:

it's all about the tour! in 3 nights you can hear like 60 songs, and the setlists always brilliantly cover the whole catalog no matter what the current era

yes!! Tori is the queen of always having dynamic, surprising setlists that change from night to night- wish Lana would do the same!

aOaIzH2.gif