phahad

Lana and the Illuminati

Lana does seem to view her fellow pop stars as cartoonish puppets, but more in the sense of being empty-headed corporate whores than Illuminati slaves (an angel in the garden of evil)

Which is to say, she is more self-aware of needing to present a semiotically-charged objectified image--"the roses had the look of flowers that are looked at"

Or for lulz http://vigilantcitizen.com/vc-community/born-die-esoteric-analysis/#idc-container

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BZ2976mPvU

The Illuminati were a society of anti-catholic scientists trying to prove all church teachings wrong. Lana's a Catholic. Furthermore the formal Illuminati society died out in the 18th century

oh no its ok lol, but I actually think that Lana is NOT a puppet, because she literally has done whatever she wants (Tropico, National anthem video,song selection, walks around L.A. w/out interruptions, etc.)

But even if she was/is, a hint that is very cliche is how she is kinda obsessed with Marilyn Monroe and sometimes portraits her (prolly shes a big fan idk :creep: )

I adore Marilyn Monroe too, she was such a fascinating person and extremely talented actress. it's such a shame that all some people see is her beauty and her 'dumb blonde' roles, mostly written by guys for guys' enjoyment. I think that it's very natural and in-character for Lana to love Marilyn. :agree:

i am nothing and should be everything

Lana does seem to view her fellow pop stars as cartoonish puppets, but more in the sense of being empty-headed corporate whores than Illuminati slaves (an angel in the garden of evil)

Which is to say, she is more self-aware of needing to present a semiotically-charged objectified image--"the roses had the look of flowers that are looked at"

Or for lulz http://vigilantcitizen.com/vc-community/born-die-esoteric-analysis/#idc-container

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BZ2976mPvU

I have watched literally thousands of videos like this one ^ and to say the least, that was horrendous to watch (and his voice is annoying holy f**k)

This is a serious topic. Just think how much videos like Mark Dice's on Tropico (which @@DeadAgainst shows us) will influence certain types of people. Dice has similar ones on Jay-Z and Miley Cyrus. These seem a bit more "well-reasoned". However, the Tropico video is basically an unsupported rant. Dice focuses on the snake, but how could he possibly miss all the Christian references, including a baptism, in that video? Dice cites corrupting morals and promoting hedonistic, non-Christian lifestyles as the agenda for the illuminati. Promoting (the following of) Satan is a kind of method for achieving the agenda. Unless you believe there is a Satan that gets warm fuzzies from corrupting morals, this is a stupid goal for a shadow organization. 

There are smart people who think about illuminati-like agendas without Satanism/Symbolism. So for Noam Chomsky, it is the super-rich that constitute a kind of illuminati. He alleges they fund a propaganda war to insure democratic societies don't use their political power to further majority concerns over minority (super rich) ones. When he talks about these agendas, it's backed up by a lot of historical fact. Chomsky lectures are all over Youtube, and on a lot of varied subjects (e.g., foreign policy). He's one of the sharpest, harshest, and best US critics of the US, imo. 

Here's a snippet from him on zombies and apocalypse:

This snippet was interesting to me, because he suggests that invectives against a group -- such as Dice's Tropico video and others -- can indicate a dominant group with "the foot on the neck of a less dominant group". Which is to say you only rant against the ones you're really fearful of and think might overthrow you. So Dice is a Ke$haphobe, because he thinks Ke$ha (or LDR or whomever) is trying to program his kids to be sexually promiscuous (or whatever). This is a fair enough concern, but I'd like to see Ke$ha's impact objectively described in terms of actual events, and not just the fear of possible results. For all we know, Ke$ha might be a kind of vacine for sexual promiscuity (i.e., make people more thoughtful about it).

Finally, two further issues:

1) I doubt Lana belongs to any illuminati; however, I always thought the reaction to her Born To Die "debut" in the US critics community indicated the presence of a lesser illuminati group (focused on entertainment). She obviously didn't belong to it as they were trying to make her unfamous, and it seemed clear she hit some kind of a nerve.

2) I do not believe in reptile people. :troll:

In the Garden of Evil there are fruits and doors for everyone as they desire it; is it coincidental that the "Gods and Monsters" video looks like Ke$ha's "Crazy Kids" video?

"Criminals Run the World"

People ignorantly dismiss or lash out at things they don't understand because it's easier; we've seen that with Lana's whole career and Tropico in particular

The US critical reaction to BTD just shows how incapable of independent thought most people are; the herd mentality at work

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiegel.de%2Fspiegel%2Fkulturspiegel%2Fd-89726953.html

On the supposed misogyny in the music industry, I was often asked, but that is not in my case. I think that is something personal. My songs that I actually write themselves, are very intimate, and because many people seem dubious such feelings, they conclude that I must be a puppet. But that illustrates in truth only their helplessness.

When I began noticing spiritual themes in pop music some 11 years ago it was hard to find discussions about it on the internet (a shining exception being Pink Floyd's Publius Enigma). Now it has much more attention but honestly I'm disappointed by the frequent paranoid twist. I am not saying that everything is rosy in the music industry but I have seen beautiful and inspiring songs reduced to absurdity by fearful, narrow-minded or superficial analysis. At least the music I listen to doesn't seem evil and the artists often seem to have much freedom in creating the songs or in choosing the people they cooperate with, so I find it implausible that the spiritual themes and symbols in it are implanted by some evil group.

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun

When I began noticing spiritual themes in pop music some 11 years ago it was hard to find discussions about it on the internet (a shining exception being Pink Floyd's Publius Enigma). Now it has much more attention but honestly I'm disappointed by the frequent paranoid twist. I am not saying that everything is rosy in the music industry but I have seen beautiful and inspiring songs reduced to absurdity by fearful, narrow-minded or superficial analysis. At least the music I listen to doesn't seem evil and the artists often seem to have much freedom in creating the songs or in choosing the people they cooperate with, so I find it implausible that the spiritual themes and symbols in it are implanted by some evil group.

:agree: :agree: :agree:

about all of this! :gclap:

Yesterday I've been reading on the Aum Shinrikyo sect and looks like every sect/fear-mongering theory tries to make people believe that the mass media are literally brainwashing them... in order for naive people come to them and let be brainwashed into believing in Holy Guru or other crap.

They pretend to be wiser and know the truth, but what they do is brainwashing people into seeing a fake reality.

Also I try really hard not to be distracted by your lovely Playing the Angel avatar - it's my favourite Depeche Mode record ever! :pray2:

Not to mention that Pinfeathers is adorable :agree2:

i am nothing and should be everything

What is the Illuminati? One person told me that it is about an organisation that plan to end the world (why would Lana join that?) and another person told me it's about the supernatural. In Sims, the Supernatural icon looks like what is the Illuminati icon so I'm guessing it has something to do with the supernatural. And why would Lana join that too?

Can someone tell me what the Illuminati is, please? I have been wondering this question for ages but there are so many different explanations. One that I found off the internet is that they are a group that is trying to save the world from something. I am so confused :lel: :erm:

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

What is the Illuminati? One person told me that it is about an organisation that plan to end the world (why would Lana join that?) and another person told me it's about the supernatural. In Sims, the Supernatural icon looks like what is the Illuminati icon so I'm guessing it has something to do with the supernatural. And why would Lana join that too?

Can someone tell me what the Illuminati is, please? I have been wondering this question for ages but there are so many different explanations. One that I found off the internet is that they are a group that is trying to save the world from something. I am so confused :lel: :erm:

Lit is a conspiracy theory that the illuminati is a group of the most wealthiest families/people on the planet from the Rothchild and Rockerfellers who are trying to control every possible thing from the music Industry and food crops to our government(it's halfway there on this one). They want every one to see them as the only god and replace any religion that has to do with God and put "Satan" (he's a fabrication of the Catholic Church btw)... They are basically a cult that wants all the power in the world, and in order to do that they have to "brainwash" us through the media 

its a theory and and there is a lot of misinformation.... Large Gaga(for example/and probably not real) is not exactly/can't be a member per say, in the illuminati, she is a "puppet" who servers for them, which is to spreading their cause 

Lit is a conspiracy theory that the illuminati is a group of the most wealthiest families/people on the planet from the Rothchild and Rockerfellers who are trying to control every possible thing from the music Industry and food crops to our government(it's halfway there on this one). They want every one to see them as the only god and replace any religion that has to do with God and put "Satan" (he's a fabrication of the Catholic Church btw)... They are basically a cult that wants all the power in the world, and in order to do that they have to "brainwash" us through the media 

its a theory and and there is a lot of misinformation.... Large Gaga(for example/and probably not real) is not exactly/can't be a member per say, in the illuminati, she is a "puppet" who servers for them, which is to spreading their cause 

Ohh OK, thank you! Yes, I have heard this definition too. 

Ooh, well I'm hoping to join the music industry when I get older, I'll tell you if they're real if they come to me :tongue:

Ah, I've heard lots of different definitions that equal to your description. :isee:

And Satan is real, to us Christians. It is not just a Catholic thing, it is a Christian thing, I think. Well, I'm Greek Orthodox and I believe in... it. 

Well, I still doubt Lana has anything to do with the Illuminati. She is too good of a person, right? 

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

1. And Satan is real, to us Christians. It is not just a Catholic thing, it is a Christian thing, I think. Well, I'm Greek Orthodox and I believe in... it. 

2. Well, I still doubt Lana has anything to do with the Illuminati. She is too good of a person, right? 

1. Well at least the way people describe the devil is not accurate...hes justa "fallen angel"

2. and possibly