Mileena

The XX

I got free tickets from the BBC to see them last year but my friend let me down sigh
It was a special gig too, they teamed up with BBC Philharmonic (a big orchestra) god it would've been amazing.

I really like them but I'm not really feeling their newest album... I like a few songs on it though. Maybe I should give it another chance...

20r46kx.jpg

I LOVE THE XX. A friend of mine recently introduced me to them and I'm forever greatful, no srsly  :worship:

My favorite tracks from Coexist is Angels, Chained and Reunion. The day I find the instrumental version of Reunion is the day I can die happy, that song is just...  :bodyisready:

EQFO7rX.png

I'm actually not hugely impressed by Coexist, especially after their debut

I feel you. Their debut really was incredible and such a different sound to everything that was out their currently. Coexist is kind of showing them to be a one trick pony.

Anyone heard some of Jamie xx's solo work? in 2011 he put out a remix album called We're New Here which basically took tracks from Gil Scott-Heron's 2010 I'm New Here and added beats and stuff.

Here was my fav track

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I love them so much, I have both of their albums and some b-sides here. I think it's a pity that her second album is so underwhelming, though... It slightly annoys me because if I don't count "Angels," "Chained" and "Fiction," then I can't really differ one track from the other, at all.

I love their debut so much, I wish that when we get a third album, it sounds more like that!

Anyone heard some of Jamie xx's solo work? in 2011 he put out a remix album called We're New Here which basically took tracks from Gil Scott-Heron's 2010 I'm New Here and added beats and stuff.

Yas. :party: This also birthed the immaculate Take Care. :flutter:

I like a few of their songs but they all sound too similar IMO. Their music gets boring quickly. 

But this. 

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

I listened to The XX all of the time for a short while but I don't like them anymore, every song sounds the fucking same and the new album is like the exact same as the first.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I pretty much feel the same like you all about their albums! Their first offering was great, but the second record wasn't as moving as their debut album.

I have great memories of making out with a gorgeous blue-haired boy with xx being the soundtrack to our fooling around :really:

giffix-1.gif