lanakissmeinyourchevrolet

Lana's Inspirations & Influences

Oh this is a thread for me since I am collecting her inspirations for a long time now. 

Well first , lets talk about her music inspirations .

She loves the 'masters of every genre' . She loves Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen , Eminem , Biggie Smalls , Britney Spears and Nirvana . She is also a huge fan of Anthony and the Johnsons , the Crystal Method , The Beach Boys , Nina Simone , Elvis Presley , Chris Isaak , Bruce Springsteen and Jeff Buckley . 

She always listens to the same songs over and over again . The first single she ever bought was Coolios Gangsters Paradise . 

Her lyrical inspirations would be Allen Ginsberg and the other Beat poets , Walt Whitman  , Albert Camus and Sartre. She mentioned the last two in an interview and posted quotes of them . Allen Ginsbergs Howl was her introduction to the world of poetry and she said it changed her live , she is transporting a copy of it in her pocket . Cute , isnt it ?

She also loves self-help books like The Master Key System . Lolita the book and the movie is also a huge inspiration of hers. 

She generally loves the 50s, 60s and 20s . Fashion icons are Marilyn Monroe and Lauren Bacall .

Oh , her favourite movies are The Godfather 1 and 2 , American Beauty (the soundtrack influenced Born To Die a lot) , Sin City , Virgin Suicide and Scarface. 

And also this is a fitting quote of hers .

JJ: What is your biggest inspiration whether it be a thing, person, or place?

LDR: That’s a good one. My own imagination, and my own vision for the way my future could look is inspiring to me. The landscape of California, the energy of New York. The potential I see in possible new innovative technological advances we’re making day by day.

/close this thread .

Any questions ? 

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

It's so funny that she says that Britney is one of her inspirattions and her released stuff has a glipse of Britney on them, her unreleased stuff on the other side...

for some reason Lana only has likeable inspirations. :usrs: Coincidence? Maybe.

Not only Icons but Icons that are loved. Maybe many don't like Britney's music but I never met a person who dosen't like Britney. ;)

glgcDdT.gif

Does the administrator, the reigning moderator, the head honcho himself of the sole Lana Del Rey forum need a lil groundhog?  :groundhog:

I sense a coup comin' on.

:creep:

I think Lana's primary musical influences are Slayer and the Mexican death metal band Brujeria. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein