Viva

Adele

26 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Yo I don't care if she keeps releasing piano ballads, honestly :whatever: I actually enjoy her piano songs so.

It would be refreshing hearing a different genre, but if she doesn't I'm not really bothered about it.

I don’t mind piano ballads at all, if the voice is good. I read on Twitter that the song was good and that 30 would be more in the vein of 19 : less vocal pirouettes and deeper lyrics (which I’m fine with: maybe she won’t break her vocal cords again on tour this time around).

groundbreaking ???? other artists get called out all the time when they don’t switch things up for each album but somehow she got a free pass on that. boring

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

13 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

groundbreaking ???? other artists get called out all the time when they don’t switch things up for each album but somehow she got a free pass on that. boring

bc other artists not only don’t switch things up, the quality of the same thing declines. 

Adele has consistently knocked it outta the park while giving the 30-60 crowd everything they love and expect from her. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

46 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

She’s one of the only artists to actually keep everything consistent and pull it off. Can’t say the same about some other artists that people practically worship on here :biblio:

On 10/6/2021 at 10:46 AM, TrashMagiq said:

this was the moment

I burnt this onto a CD in 2012 as a closeted homosixual it was my jam (i didn't even like Glee but this song AND THAT SLAP was brutal)

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

On 10/7/2021 at 1:34 AM, Coney Island King said:

Adele returns to completely obliterate the charts to the ends of the Earth. EVERY artist should retire their careers for the next 3 months. 

Honestly it’s iconic how she always shows up in the last months of a year and demolishes all the records set by ppl who’ve been selling albums since January. In 8 weeks she does what most artists take 10 months to do. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

59 minutes ago, OverYourHead said:

I’m not saying it sounds bad and I’m not downplaying her impact but it’s just the same old shit

You're not wrong. But this is also what middle-aged white women expect and want from Adele. :blush3:

Adele has never been incredibly interesting, imo 19 was her best work to date and i’ll be very surprised if she ever surpasses it. Her music is very pretty and she has such an incredible voice, but she’s never been that versatile. But that’s ok! I don’t think every artist has to be Gaga Madonna or Lana when it comes to genres and versatility. Although I do believe artistic growth is extremely important for artists, they can demonstrate it in different ways. And for Adele, she likes to do what she does best, through her ballads.

Adele is familiar and warm, she comes around once every 5 years, release music you can listen to with your parents, helps you with singing in front of a fan in your bedroom and then goes away again. She knows her brand, she’s like the worlds favourite Aunt, and i’m fine with that.