Viva

Adele

Wait... You're trying to compare first day post-release iTunes sales of an album that cannibalized those sales with a month-long pre-order and physical release and leaked a few days early with the first day sales of an album that was surprise released and initially available only on iTunes. (And yet it still came close.) An apples and oranges comparison if there ever was one. Or to continue the fruit metaphors, an extremely cherry-picked statistic. Honestly, this comes off kinda desperate.

Also, it's not clear to me anyone in the industry actually separates out pre-orders in calculating first day sales.

At the end of the day, everybody knows 25 outsells Beyoncé in any scenario given the same release strategy. So this is pretty useless.

gS8dICw.gif

This album is soooooo good. "All I Ask"? All I ask is that you slit my throat because I'm not worthy of hearing this beauty. Such a beautiful song wtf.

A future wedding classic

I keep going back to listen to 21 cause I'm literally scared ill overplay the new album  :toofunny:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

A future wedding classicI keep going back to listen to 21 cause I'm literally scared ill overplay the new album  :toofunny:

I started listening to 21 too. All it did was start the waterworks again :'(

party.gif?w=1100

i know people don't really care about background singers, but the background singer with the longer hair is named Amanda Brown, and she was on the 3rd season of the voice and was eliminated on the same night as Melanie Martinez, she has an amazing voice and her cover of Dream On by aerosmith went into the top 10 on itunes when she performed it, she is an amazing vocalist and deserves at least a moment of your time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmrIQueFogk

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

It's a pretty good album. It's just missing that "One and Only" Pt. 2, for me. Still, I've grown to like some of the tracks. I don't think she'll top "21". That album in itself, the way the right elements just came together, was such a rarity. It's hard to replicate that same impact without being forced and she seems to have not been bothered by that. I enjoy listening to "25" early in the morning. I kind of think of it as the day album while "21" was more of a night album. Some of my favorite tracks are: "Hello", "I Miss You", "Remedy", "Water Under the Bridge" and "Love In the Dark".

After processing the first sales reports from Monday, Nov. 23, the album has already sold at least 2,433,000 in pure album sales in slightly more than three days. That sum beats the single-week record for an album since Nielsen began tracking sales in 1991, set by *NSYNC’s No Strings Attached, when it debuted with 2,416,000 in the week ending March 26, 2000.

Billboard

In just over three days, 25 is already the top-selling album of the year so far, outpacing the 1.8 million copies Taylor Swift's blockbuster 1989 has sold in 2015. (Swift's album, released last fall, has moved 5.4 million to date.) It's also sold nearly five times the copies of Justin Bieber's Purpose, which previously had thebiggest first-week sales of any 2015 album with 522,000 albums sold since Nov. 13.

USAToday

25 sells a WHOPPING 2.5 MILLION COPIES in just 3 DAYS in America alone beating the HIGHEST debuts by...

1. NSYNC’s one-week sales record from 2000: 'No Weaves Attached' 2,416,000 copies sold.

grid-cell-1893-1448397355-2.jpg

2. Britney Spears’ record for most albums sold by a female artist in a single week: 'Oops...I Lost My Weave Again' 1,319,000 copies sold.

grid-cell-4117-1448397747-8.jpg

3. Taylor 'Daughter of the Dark Lord Satan' Swift position as the top-selling album of 2015: '1989 Weaves Bought [Official Baldness Album]' 1,800,000

grid-cell-24099-1448398268-5.jpg

anigif_enhanced-8840-1448398716-2.gif