Viva

Adele

listened, kinda underwhelmed. i think that it's bc it's less dynamic as her past stuff, and the tension/conflicts just aren't as compelling. it's very hollywood, pro's n con's

Oh My God's pretty solid. 
I Drink Wine's a great feel good solace track. 
All Night Parking's cooly chic. 

Hold On and To Be Loved are glorious. 

Love Is A Game is a great closer, warmly confident and triumphant. 

Easy On Me was a good starter single being a nice intro while still being balanced enough to not be overbearing on the other tracks. 

it's a soft like for me. love that she seems to have had fun making it by the album's overall more easygoing atmosphere. 

and regardless, it's real easy to listen to, i'm sure a lot of people'll love it. 

UV/Honeymoon

the album is way better than 25. I’m surprised how « r&b » ish it sounds. Strangers by Nature sounds like an old Disney song, in the best way; Oh My God is stellar; love Can I Get It, All Night Parking. 
i still don’t love Easy on Me though. My Little Love is good, but may rely too much on her voice notes from her son, but that last voice note: fuuuucccckkkk! How vulnerable is it and powerful? 
i Drink Wine may be too gospelly / psycho pop at first, maybe it will grow on me. Hold On works better on that genre, IMO. To Be Loved is incredible. 
Love Is a Game is reminiscent of the Disney sound and is soaring majestically. Time will tell if I’ll revisit that album much in the future, but I’m happy to really like it and don’t feel underwhelmed like I was with 25.

I'm lowkey underwhelmed with this album. Everything she's releasing is kinda overhyped. Don't understand me wrong. She has talent, she has voice and she has some great songs but many of them don’t vibe to me. 

30 has some great moments. Strangers By Nature sounds like Hollywood-type Disney song, CYHO and OMG are bops, CIGI has power and some claw. All Night Parking issa vibe. LIAG is beautiful way to end the album. My Little Love and I Drink Wine will probaly grow on me. The rest...i wanted to turning off song in the middle.

oh my fucking god this album is superb???? there's not ONE song i don't like

also the blue banisters paralels lol, her said "the good, the bad, the ugly", trap in the interlude, the twinkling piano in to be loved, and the "between heaven and hell" line

5 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

oh my fucking god this album is superb???? there's not ONE song i don't like

also the blue banisters paralels lol, her said "the good, the bad, the ugly", trap in the interlude, the twinkling piano in to be loved, and the "between heaven and hell" line

It’s really small but I think the last line of All Night Parking coincidentally has a really similar delivery to the last line of TV in Black and White!

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

10 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

My Little Love is soooooo good. I don’t even mind all the talking in it because the production is so good. 

It really gets better with each listen. Even the damn kid doesn’t get as much on my nerves as the first time. And that last voice memo, I mean 😭 

favs from the album: Strangers By Nature, My Little Love, Cry Your Heart Out, All Night Parking & Wild Wild West

Oh My God could've been That song if it had a different chorus tbh. The pre-chorus is so iconic. I don't hate the chorus but it's kinda generic. 

qfrWuBl.png

This album feels like a rediscovery of her love for music. It makes 25 feel so by-the-numbers and so contrived, even though I loved it at the time. Like this is so much more varied and playful. It makes 25 seem like an album made by a 50 year old. Hard to believe she was actually so young at the time. This feels a lot younger and representative of her personality. 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

6 hours ago, alittleparty said:

To Be Loved is breathtaking, wow. This is going to make for some devastating live performances.

she said she won't perform it live cause it's too heartbreaking for her. she leaves the room whenever someone plays the song