Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I hate the song "Lolita". It's the only song on Lana's discography that I never listen to. (I also hate the book, although I appreciate other works by Nabokov.)

8 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I hate the song "Lolita". It's the only song on Lana's discography that I never listen to. (I also hate the book, although I appreciate other works by Nabokov.)

Do you hate the lyrics or just everything about it?

I can understand not liking the song because it's a hot mess and questionable for obvious reasons... but I would be lying if I said it's not a bop. 

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

52 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Me with the book on my nightstand and the poster over my bed: :wat::eartha2:

Lol but I see where you're coming from, years ago I also didn't like the song too, I always skipped it on the album and didn't understand the hype but then it grew on me!

✧・゚:* ヽ(*・ω・)ノ*:・゚✧

38 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Do you hate the lyrics or just everything about it?

I can understand not liking the song because it's a hot mess and questionable for obvious reasons... but I would be lying if I said it's not a bop. 

This! And I agree with the rest of what you said.

I have problems with themes and phrases, sometimes. I would be lying if I said that "He hurt me but it felt like true love / He hit me and it felt like a kiss", in Ultraviolence, did not cause me any discomfort when listening to the song initially. I think I could only listen to this song without turn up the nose after the interview in which Lana talked about not enjoying singing these passages anymore. (If I'm not mistaken, she talked about abusive relationship. Was it a 2017 interview? I'm not sure. I would even like to read it again).

23 minutes ago, wthebluemascara said:

Me with the book on my nightstand and the poster over my bed: :wat::eartha2:

Lol but I see where you're coming from, years ago I also didn't like the song too, I always skipped it on the album and didn't understand the hype but then it grew on me!

Oh... Absolutely nothing against those who like it. Just a matter of personal taste. ?

On 11/16/2020 at 3:44 PM, daphnedinkley said:

im not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but im listening to BTD (the album) currently and... i really think Million Dollar Man might be in the top, like, 5 worst songs in lana's whole discography :biblio: which is a shame bc the live version is soooooo incredible! but on the album version... her vocals sound absolutely terrible and the weird autotune type effect makes her voice sound so weirdly metallic and robotic? and the strange sound effect that sounds like wind throughout the whole thing is so loud that it's almost distorted, not to mention how distracting it is from the rest of the song. the strings sound really cheap and the drums don't feel very balanced in terms of volume???

The autotune is a huge problem on BTD.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

3 minutes ago, Tristesse said:

Unlike MDM, I don't think Yayo is autotuned...

I just listened again. The chorus is very beautiful but the verses sound weird to me, especially the first one. But that's why I edited my original comment. Back in 2012 I listened to the A.K.A. version first and after that to the Paradise version and I disliked it so much I never gave it a try again lol. Just now I listened again and I don't think it's that bad anymore. It was probably because I was used to the Yayo version.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

Lucky Ones is an incredible song and I genuinely don’t understand how people hate it so much...the production is incredible and her vocals are on point. The lyrics are ~meh~ but the rest of the song more than makes up for it imo 

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I know that “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” may not be the most popular song, but I’m hoping that one day the instrumental leaks. Imagine that. Imagine listening to the full Honeymoon instrumentals from start to finish. :yesnod:

BF77-AD48-C18-D-4144-B349-27-DC6-F78-CD7

1 hour ago, titanicearth said:

I know that “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” may not be the most popular song, but I’m hoping that one day the instrumental leaks. Imagine that. Imagine listening to the full Honeymoon instrumentals from start to finish. :yesnod:

Same with When the World Was at War :erm:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

tumblr_pshgl5e9LP1rtrj6po1_500.jpg

Pretty sure this is unpopular because I remember everyone criticizing it last year, but...

I really love the aesthetic and styling of this shoot. Like yeah some of it is borderline tacky but the colors really pop. Love the whole vibe. I wish Lana would do more shoots like this.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.