Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

i love MDM, i used to hate that loud distorted sound that plays throughout but i think it brings it together cause she sounds almost drunk while she’s singing so the whole song sounds like a beautiful tragic mess 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I have never really liked 'Mariners Apartment Complex' all that much. Don't get me wrong it's a good song—but in world of 'West Coast', 'Ride', 'The Blackest Day' and even 'Venice Bitch', 'MAC' is the superior song? :scoff:

I miss the ambience Lana used to include in her music. The live show samples, the sounds of crowds and birds. Norman feels like it’s missing so much atmosphere... almost like sitting in a quiet car and hearing that ringing sound of the silence. Nothing she makes sounds as “anthemic” or voluminously crafted as National Anthem or Lolita anymore. God Bless America & Heroin were a nice throwback though in terms of production.

1 minute ago, veinsineon said:

I miss the ambience Lana used to include in her music. The live show samples, the sounds of crowds and birds. Norman feels like it’s missing so much atmosphere... almost like sitting in a quiet car and hearing that ringing sound of the silence. Nothing she makes sounds as “anthemic” or voluminously crafted as National Anthem or Lolita anymore. God Bless America & Heroin were a nice throwback though in terms of production.

this!!!! idk how unpopular tbh but the samples/atmosphere throughout Honeymoon, I mean think like Salvatore, even the sample from 13 Beaches... NFR as a whole is literally just plain and beige I'd say Venice Bitch can come close but also just feels like Jack's surfer-wavy bloated attempt at emulating what Dan Auerbach did masterfully on Shades of Cool :crossed:

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

12 minutes ago, JamiDelRey said:

this!!!! idk how unpopular tbh but the samples/atmosphere throughout Honeymoon, I mean think like Salvatore, even the sample from 13 Beaches... NFR as a whole is literally just plain and beige I'd say Venice Bitch can come close but also just feels like Jack's surfer-wavy bloated attempt at emulating what Dan Auerbach did masterfully on Shades of Cool :crossed:

Even the ambience in Love & Get Free are digestible!!! She just fits over anything immersive like that so well , I think it’s how I fell in love in the first place!

2 hours ago, veinsineon said:

heroin and the original lust for life demo definitely suit eachother because they're both very ambient and atmospheric, like floating through space, i really wish she didn't change the original concept and sound of lust for life, the witchy / spacey / folk concept was so cool :poordat:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

choosing violence today w/ a probably super unpopular opinion but I would have preferred Ultraviolence to consist of Tracks 1 - 7 (up to PWYC) and then the bonus tracks to replace the rest (maybe throw Old Money into it) :ma: I feel like they have would fit the album better and would have more of an impact tbh, especially with Flipside and Is This Happiness! Also, I think Guns and Roses is a solid track, I understand why people might not like it but it's pretty great to me. My ideal tracklist would have probably been something like:

1. Cruel World.

2. UV

3. SoC

4. BB

5. WC

6. SG

7. PWYC

8. Old Money

9. Black Beauty

10. Florida Kilos

11. Guns + Roses 

12. Is This Happiness

13. Flipside (criminally underrated, it DESERVES to be on the OG tracklist)

and the leftovers as deluxes in the same order. Not perfect and I'd probably switch them around a bit. 

sgopYhV.gif

On 11/27/2020 at 10:49 AM, veinsineon said:

yesssss it adds so many neat little sounds. This post reminded me of the sound samples in Burnt Norton (the person yelling or something in the background) 

The crickets in God knows I tried :defeated:

I have come to the conclusion that Lana will never release a song that is as transcending, intricate, mesmerizing, ethereal and intoxicating as 'West Coast'—and I'm at peace with that. 

27 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

summertime's her worst cover. the production great, the part at the beginning with the backup singers is amazing, but her vocals on it don't fit the song at all. it's uncomfortable to listen to.

It’s so boring :rip: 

RVhKIwP.gif

4 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

summertime's her worst cover. the production great, the part at the beginning with the backup singers is amazing, but her vocals on it don't fit the song at all. it's uncomfortable to listen to.

Yeah it’s bad

Don’t hate me but I thought NFR (album) was lacking in every way possible. It just doesn’t have the Lana Del Rey feel. If someone was to cover an older Lana song, I’d be able to tell that it was a Lana cover but I swear any indie artist could cover any song from NFR and I wouldn’t think Lana had written it. There are some moments in the album that are absolutely amazing like the FIILY vocal layering towards the end and the verses of California but all in all I just don’t like it. It’s lacking production-wise, lyrically, etc... Even the chords and melodies are SO predictable and commercial - especially in the chorus of Love Song (imo obviously)

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

Also, I don’t get the hype around “you fucked me so good that I almost said ily”. People were saying that’s one of the best opening lines they’ve ever heard. I thought it was cringe ngl 

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

21 hours ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

idk if this is an unpopular opinion or not but 

so good >>> summer bummer

I saw people saying the song feels empty without the rap, but I love her humming so much! It's my favorite part. So captivating... :defeated: