Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

54 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

nfr is truly a great body of work, and although i can understand why some haven't been able to warm up to it, i think it's a really great album and it's already a classic in her discography :) bartender is that song! 

30 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

my break down song was HIAB :toofunny: literally in the middle of waking to class and hearing that song, tears started STREAMING down my face and people were staring at me :rip:

DADDY KNOWLES IS THAT BITCH :trisha:

51 minutes ago, Elle said:

To contribute on the note of UnpopOpins, I think that NFR is actually truly her saddest album. I feel like everyone always goes for Born to Die since that's what defined her as miss "Hollywood Sadcore" or even Ultraviolence, but the songs of NFR are extremely gut-wrenching in their meaning. California, The Greatest, Cinnamon Girl, Happiness is a Butterfly, Hope... all songs that are absolutely heartbreaking, and the sadness is almost.. more genuine, if that makes sense. Like, it's very raw. It's deeper than the songs on other albums in the sense that the pain is really coming out from her heart and soul. It's palpable x 

i totally agree with this! i think what truly makes NFR special is the lyrics and how raw everything feels, the stripped back instrumenation of the album really let’s her voice and lyrical content shine. ultraviolence definitely has it’s sad moments and dark subject matter like pretty when you cry and sad girl but lana herself doesn’t necessarily act too upset that things are falling apart in the relationship, it seems that she’s almost in love with the idea of the brokenness. however throughout NFR she becomes aware of how fucked up everything is and how badly it’s affecting her which i think makes the music much more heartbreaking and relatable. 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

except for the odd song here and there, it’s rare-ish for me to actively dislike any song she’s put out.... but now im finding myself actively hating the last three she’s put out in a row :rip: YNWA, Summertime and LMLYLAW. im beginning to think she’s lost everything that made her appeal to me in the first place, or at least gone in a direction i no longer relate to, which is sad because of how hard ive stanned from BTD all the way to NFR. although im hoping that cotcc in full will prove me wrong. 

even if this is it though ill still be grateful for all the great albums and unreleased that she’s provided me with :lolliney: 

RVhKIwP.gif

On 12/5/2020 at 5:10 AM, May said:

except for the odd song here and there, it’s rare-ish for me to actively dislike any song she’s put out.... but now im finding myself actively hating the last three she’s put out in a row :rip: YNWA, Summertime and LMLYLAW. im beginning to think she’s lost everything that made her appeal to me in the first place, or at least gone in a direction i no longer relate to, which is sad because of how hard ive stanned from BTD all the way to NFR. although im hoping that cotcc in full will prove me wrong. 

even if this is it though ill still be grateful for all the great albums and unreleased that she’s provided me with :lolliney: 

I'm a little sad about it but the magic is gone for me too. I've listened to LMLYLAW and Summertime about 2-3x and not at all to YNWA. I'm just not that interested in these songs. And then her overall behaviour in 2020 left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Wouldn't be so bad if I had a new substitute for Lana, but really there's no other musician who created such a unique world of their own and fascinates me as much. 

I mean, it's not that important but being so fascinated with an artist is just really fun.

I'm not yet ready to leave though. I still have hope her work is gonna fascinate and excite me again. I'm determined to work this out!  :spin:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

On 12/4/2020 at 11:10 PM, May said:

i refuse to lose all my faith until cocc comes out

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

i feel like she downgraded the second she met Jack. Even the demo of Votd that she sent to him as inspo sounds better than most of the songs on the nfr. Lmlylaw sounds straight out of nfr. Its just getting boring and repetitive.It even has the exact same short melody in the background as most of nfr songs. Summertime was finally something new and you can see how much fans liked it. If Lana stays with Jack for the next albums, i think fans will slowly begin unstanning

Recent thoughts:

- Lana's poetry book could've been much better if it wasn't almost all free verse. Also, I kinda hate how she thinks not editing/cleaning up her poetry = authenticity... that's a weird mindset imo.

- TJF is/was overhyped and LMLYLAW has little to no replay value but hopefully it'll make more sense in the album

- Jack isn't a bad producer he just doesn't challenge himself/his artists which is his downfall (you see this with his work w/ Taylor too, his folklore tracks are the weakest)

- Lana's antics this year have definitely made me question who she is and I question whether she would've continued to act up if Trump won (I'm not saying she supported him, but I definitely think there was intention behind the mask)

- I miss her old personality. She used to be so effortlessly cool and I miss when we knew less about her. I liked the mystique.

- NFR is still a great album and y'all need to stop shitting on it smh

11 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

i feel like she downgraded the second she met Jack. Even the demo of Votd that she sent to him as inspo sounds better than most of the songs on the nfr. Lmlylaw sounds straight out of nfr. Its just getting boring and repetitive.It even has the exact same short melody in the background as most of nfr songs. Summertime was finally something new and you can see how much fans liked it. If Lana stays with Jack for the next albums, i think fans will slowly begin unstanning

I thinks it’s because Jack is more of a pop producer, not an alternative producer. His stuff is very commercial and clean (for lack of a better word). I loved Lana because of how raw and impactful her music was but now I feel like it’s made to be more radio-friendly and critic pleasing.

Also kinda think it’s because she moved to LA. Her personality has definitely changed like wanting to become an insta baddie, vlogging, becoming more mainstream in general (like writing slang into her songs like lit, collabing with artists that she has no business collabing with), etc... Of course there’s nothing wrong with a change in personality. Everybody grows and changes but I wish that it would translate better into her music and her previous image. We’ve been so used to unique, vintage Lana and now all of a sudden we’re getting smacked in the face with mainstream Lana. I wish there was a better transition between these two in her body of work so that it’s easier for us fans to digest

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

4 hours ago, anwdelrey said:

Recent thoughts:

- Lana's poetry book could've been much better if it wasn't almost all free verse. Also, I kinda hate how she thinks not editing/cleaning up her poetry = authenticity... that's a weird mindset imo.

- TJF is/was overhyped and LMLYLAW has little to no replay value but hopefully it'll make more sense in the album

- Jack isn't a bad producer he just doesn't challenge himself/his artists which is his downfall (you see this with his work w/ Taylor too, his folklore tracks are the weakest)

- Lana's antics this year have definitely made me question who she is and I question whether she would've continued to act up if Trump won (I'm not saying she supported him, but I definitely think there was intention behind the mask)

- I miss her old personality. She used to be so effortlessly cool and I miss when we knew less about her. I liked the mystique.

- NFR is still a great album and y'all need to stop shitting on it smh

I KNOW you did not just try and come for mirrorball, august, this is me trying, and illicit affairs........

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

52 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

I thinks it’s because Jack is more of a pop producer, not an alternative producer. His stuff is very commercial and clean (for lack of a better word). I loved Lana because of how raw and impactful her music was but now I feel like it’s made to be more radio-friendly and critic pleasing.

I get what you mean...

And somehow this got me thinking that NFR! is her least " Lana sounding " album and ironically it's the album that got praised the most by critics and the GP. Don't get me wrong  I love NFR!...it kinda was refreshing somehow because her voice wasn't drown in reverb, more instrumental parts instead of bridges  the production was more lowkey/ stripped back overall..it kinda lacked something that you can find on all of her previous albums.. and as much I love NFR! I hope she switches it up for her future  albums...you know NFR! was something different & refreshing but it wouldn't be that way if we get like 3 other albums with the same production...and I trust  her...all her others albums  have a more Lana feel to them and still are totally different from each other. I probably miss some bass & the little details they did the most 

I hope y'all got what  I wanted to say

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

while I love WC I think Brooklyn Baby deserves some, if not more, love as well

I feel like it's not exactly hated on here, but I do wish HIADT got more love too. IMO it's one of the most melancholic, intimate, and lonely songs I've heard in general by any artist that honestly makes me uncomfortable at times (especially because she compares herself to Sylvia Plath, which is a really serious topic regarding mental health tbh). Everything flows so well lyrically and the piano is so minimal that her voice and lyrics as a singer/songwriter are what matter the most. I believe she did not have a song in her discography that was literally just about her sadness-but-not-sadness/depression/dysthymia(?) before HIADT (other than Is This Happiness [underrated as well!!], but that type of sadness is tied to another figure, whereas the sadness of HIADT seemingly stems from within), which maybe is why I'm so drawn to it.  

sgopYhV.gif

i struggle to remember which shows are from la to the moon and which shows are from the nfr tour because there was literally no growth between those tours they both bore me and they both look exactly the same... i dont even know which tour had that big swing

2 hours ago, daisy fresh bitch said:

Bigs Eyes and I Can Fly are some of her worst songs. Lyrical trash.

Their lyrics sound as some of the Lana del Rey parodies you can find on Youtube. Same with Wait for Life, at least for me.